Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 19 Jan 2005, 14:03 (Ref:1204713)   #26
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
OK guys, good stuff indeed, but I think we'll limit the free advertising there, eh?
Old 19 Jan 2005, 14:55 (Ref:1204762)   #27
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Tim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I am not affiliated with either CvO or Radical...

so this won't be a commercial....

I just wish to encourage both CvO and/or Radical to move forward with these projects....

I agree with tblincoe....the market certainly is available here in North America for a good, affordable LMP2, and teams will want to buy it...both companies have good reputations....

I wish you the best in your endeavors...

One American Open Wheel Series!
Old 19 Jan 2005, 15:39 (Ref:1204793)   #28
paul-collins
Veteran

Canada
Mosport on a good day
paul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Interesting to see all these club-protos looking to step up. I wonder if Hartham (who posted here a little while ago) might be able to ramp up their "club racer" GTP to P2 spec?

http://www.hartham.com/

If anything, this is looking to me like the nascent C2/GTP Lite category.
... Since all men live in darkness, who believes something is not a test of whether it is true or false. I have spent years trying to get people to ask simple questions: What is the evidence, and what does it mean?

-Bill James
Old 19 Jan 2005, 19:28 (Ref:1204973)   #29
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
In the same category, Norma has got nice stuff too...

http://perso.wanadoo.fr/sportracer/index%20bis.htm

Last edited by Fab; 19 Jan 2005 at 19:31.
Old 21 Jan 2005, 21:25 (Ref:1206729)   #30
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Tim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
According to Dailysportscar.com, Juno is taking a look at possibly building an LMP2 as well....

One American Open Wheel Series!
Old 21 Jan 2005, 22:00 (Ref:1206748)   #31
tblincoe
Veteran

tblincoe should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
so for 2006 and beyond we should have a bunch of LMP2 option available

and who was saying that LMP2 was failing???
Old 21 Jan 2005, 22:31 (Ref:1206778)   #32
TheNewBob
Veteran

England
Lincs, UK
TheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNewBob should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Anything on the lines of existing racing Radical customers who would give major support/sponsorship? They would already know how Radicals tend to work, so would be ideal for helping out or being the platform for a works team?
Old 22 Jan 2005, 05:22 (Ref:1206910)   #33
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!Fab has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by tblincoe
so for 2006 and beyond we should have a bunch of LMP2 option available

and who was saying that LMP2 was failing???
Me ! I didn't believe in this category, that I found weak and boring two years ago.

I changed my mind in 2004... well, I should say "the C65" made me change my mind, in November 2003, when the LMP675 won the category at the 6 hours of LM, and finished 4th overall... and the 2004' season was brilliant.
Old 12 Mar 2005, 06:18 (Ref:1250083)   #34
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
According to the last Le Mans Racing issue, a new french P2 builder announced a crash test for April, and a possible LMES entry for the last races of the championship in 2005.

Its name is Zulltec (launched by Yves Cazard and Mane Vignjevic) ; first tests are planned for July, but the car will be unvailed at LM in June. The engine is a MCT (ex TWR engine division), V8 3.4 liters.

If the team intends to enter LM in 2006 in the P2 category, they could try a P1 adventure as well.
Old 12 Mar 2005, 10:43 (Ref:1250171)   #35
GT-Eins
Veteran

Germany
Hannover, Germany
GT-Eins should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGT-Eins should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I´m sure from PRC we can expect also news on their LMP2 plans soon
(.. as always in this part of the season)
Old 12 Mar 2005, 13:08 (Ref:1250262)   #36
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fab
According to the last Le Mans Racing issue, a new french P2 builder announced a crash test for April, and a possible LMES entry for the last races of the championship in 2005.

Its name is Zulltec (launched by Yves Cazard and Mane Vignjevic) ; first tests are planned for July, but the car will be unvailed at LM in June. The engine is a MCT (ex TWR engine division), V8 3.4 liters.

If the team intends to enter LM in 2006 in the P2 category, they could try a P1 adventure as well.
Good news! Nice to see another manufacturer. Do these people have already experience in the industry? And it's good news to see a big company like Menard Engineering developing the engine for the car. This US link opens maybe also the way to the American market.

BTW I don't like the company name Zulltec, it's confusing with Zytek.

Last edited by FIRE; 12 Mar 2005 at 13:09.
Old 12 Mar 2005, 13:42 (Ref:1250278)   #37
Fab
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

European Union
Hicksville...
Yep, the name is confusing (and displeasant in french).

I don't think they've any experience at this level ; beginners are welcome, though, you've always to start one day. Don't expect miracles, but it's good to see more and more car builders involved...
Old 15 Mar 2005, 17:01 (Ref:1252601)   #38
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Radical LMP2

Radical have announced a new LMP2 car that will be half the price of its major rivals. You'll be able to pick up one of these cars for less than a GT2 class car!

DSC has lots of news on this new car.

Personally I believe this could be the most signifcant announcement for prototype racing this side of Audi/Porsche building a prototype.

Radical have been extremey successful in the last few years selling hundreds of smaller prototypes all over the world.

A decent percentage of these competitors will more than likely step upto the LMP2 car, which could give international prototype racing as a massive boost.

Last edited by JAG; 15 Mar 2005 at 17:02.
Old 15 Mar 2005, 17:08 (Ref:1252612)   #39
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
jhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I agree with you JAG, this is very good news indeed.

Their smaller prototype cars are wicked fast. I have witnessed a few at some local track days. They are very smartly designed cars. I wish them luck and success and hope this program comes to fruition soon.
Old 15 Mar 2005, 17:10 (Ref:1252614)   #40
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!
The Radical website has a place holder for some extra info.
Quote:
Radical's Next Project
11th March 2005

Watch this space for the announcement on Wednesday, 16th March... Sebring 12-hour week!
http://www.radicalsportscars.com/new.../sr9/index.php
Old 15 Mar 2005, 17:10 (Ref:1252616)   #41
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
BTW, how much does a DP chassis cost?
Old 15 Mar 2005, 17:14 (Ref:1252624)   #42
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
jhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjhansen should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
lol, you read my mind.

And your point on the potential customer base for these cars is key. They have a good following of owners with their smaller prototype cars. And I believe there are race series for these cars? (not sure on that) So we could definitely see some new competitors.

Last edited by jhansen; 15 Mar 2005 at 17:16.
Old 15 Mar 2005, 17:15 (Ref:1252627)   #43
ss_collins
Veteran

Nigeria
Mooresville, NC
ss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
yup been waiting for that to break. Got the full tech spec and heard from Radical Mick on the subject - this is really going to be great for P2 and also for British Motorsport. The car is going to be seriously quick...

..perhaps there is a future for prototypes at LM, but perhaps limitd to P2.
Old 15 Mar 2005, 17:16 (Ref:1252628)   #44
JAG
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhansen
lol, you read my mind.
More than $280,000, including engine?

Last edited by JAG; 15 Mar 2005 at 17:20.
Old 15 Mar 2005, 17:17 (Ref:1252630)   #45
jhansen
Veteran

United States
California
I thought it was more like $300K plus. But I don't know. Where's Tim when you need him?
Old 15 Mar 2005, 17:18 (Ref:1252632)   #46
JAG
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by ss_collins
yup been waiting for that to break. Got the full tech spec and heard from Radical Mick on the subject - this is really going to be great for P2 and also for British Motorsport. The car is going to be seriously quick...

..perhaps there is a future for prototypes at LM, but perhaps limitd to P2.
Theres nothing stopping them eventually building an LMP1.

Its the next logical step for world domination!

Last edited by JAG; 15 Mar 2005 at 17:19.
Old 15 Mar 2005, 17:22 (Ref:1252638)   #47
marcel82
Veteran

European Union
Beersel, Belgium
marcel82 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG
BTW, how much does a DP chassis cost?
that's a good question, allthough the difference is that in a DP your team can win a race, while in a P2 the best you can hope for is a class victory
Old 15 Mar 2005, 17:30 (Ref:1252646)   #48
ss_collins
Veteran

Nigeria
Mooresville, NC
ss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridss_collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I doubt they will build a P1. but then I have doubts about P1 itself. P2 seems to be very much where its at
Old 15 Mar 2005, 17:44 (Ref:1252658)   #49
JAG
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by ss_collins
I doubt they will build a P1. but then I have doubts about P1 itself. P2 seems to be very much where its at
All LMP2 cars have virtually the same dimensions as LMP1, so like Lola there is nothing to stop Radical, if the crash test etc. is passed, to build an LMP1.

The growth we are seeing in LMP2 this year will be replecated in LMP1 in 2006 with Lola, Courage, Lister, NASAMAX, maybe even R & S, Audi, Porsche etc.

Last edited by JAG; 15 Mar 2005 at 17:46.
Old 15 Mar 2005, 19:32 (Ref:1252771)   #50
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
This is good news and it's great to see a new name waiting to join the sportscar grid.....