Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Clubmans Rallycross Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Rallying & Rallycross

Old 28 Jan 2004, 23:01 (Ref:854426)   #1
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Change of venue for British Rally?

I can't see it happening. Surely the speed fine stuff is is just a storm in a tea cup? However Motorsport news is reporting:

Quote:
autosport.com
York, Harrogate, Chester, Cheltenham and Carlisle – all in England – have been suggested as alternative bases for Rally GB [Jan 27], according to today's Motorsport News. The event remains provisional on the 2004 World Rally Championship calendar pending an MSA report to the FIA on the suitability of its location in Wales.
(I've not bought MN this week yet )

Anything in it?

Are any of these alternatives, serious (or just a list of places that have links to previous events?).
Old 29 Jan 2004, 00:24 (Ref:854479)   #2
imull
Veteran

imull has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
nice idea. wont happen.

is there anything ever worth reading in the comic adam? cant think of any reason to buy it myself...
Old 29 Jan 2004, 00:31 (Ref:854486)   #3
Woolley
Race Official
Veteran

England
Wolverhampton, England
Woolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameWoolley will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Surely the rally rules won't allow it as it's too much change of route.

However, if Italy can move from San Remo to Sardegna, why not? They could call it the English Rally, sponsored by Wales!
Old 29 Jan 2004, 12:30 (Ref:855066)   #4
imull
Veteran

imull has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
the governement would just redirect the money to the north england development agency thing. the conotractual side of things will be tigher than a ducks ar5e in water though

I thikn that you can do a complete route change like th San Remo but it you are only allowed to change a limited mileage if staying at the same base...
Old 29 Jan 2004, 16:04 (Ref:855269)   #5
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
IMO the RAC should be held not in South Wales, but back in it's heartland of the Lakes, Kilder, Yorkshire.
Old 29 Jan 2004, 16:20 (Ref:855278)   #6
bigted
Veteran

bigted should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think we a;; agree RD
Old 31 Jan 2004, 13:49 (Ref:857573)   #7
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Is moving it anywhere else going to rid it of the main problem - which is the heavy handed policing during the rallying?

How about the Isle of Man for the venue ??
Old 1 Feb 2004, 21:31 (Ref:859486)   #8
flagwaver
Veteran

England
Yorkshire
flagwaver should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Must confess I am confused by all this The FIA says that it promotes safe driving. Remember schuey having to give safe motoring talks when took the title from him.
Yet here they are complaining that the police are heavy handed for doing there job. I was down there last year and several top drivers drove past us on the hard shoulder. Speed limits are there to be observed. All the rally timings are done so that drivers do not need to speed. When we were at service most of the top drivers were wating just outside the service area. So as not to incure time penalties so why did they need to speed?
Old 3 Feb 2004, 16:27 (Ref:861526)   #9
OVERSTEER
Veteran

England
Sheffield, England
OVERSTEER should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well it would be good if it was based in York, I could watch each day, just pay one of my uncles that live in York a bit of money, I could crash at their place, sound plan to me, I for sure will happen!