Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 6 Jun 2013, 05:12 (Ref:3258364)   #51
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid

Quote:
Originally Posted by FAS33 View Post
this guy will surpass Schumachers achievements, dunno why people hate Vettel so much..I watch F1 to see people drive not their personalty, just appreciate a good driver when I see one.
I agree with that. Champions are designed now by (Mateschitz/Marko)'s hands. And there is no other that Seb Vettel on this list.
Old 6 Jun 2013, 15:59 (Ref:3258568)   #52
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!
Exactly, Mekola. Champions are DESIGNED, helped out by all the electronics and modifications on an F1 car. Hell, a Formula 1 car could practically drive itself.

I know lots of "true F1 fans" take it as a frustrating lack of insight, but I say that there is no talent in Formula 1 any more. The drivers don't need to be talented... look at the difference between Marussia and Infiniti Red Bull. I guarantee you Vettel would not be any faster than Jules Bianchi (although probably faster than Max Chilton) and would not be taken seriously by any of the major teams. It's all down to car now, more than ever, I think...
Old 7 Jun 2013, 00:10 (Ref:3258766)   #53
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
Exactly, Mekola. Champions are DESIGNED, helped out by all the electronics and modifications on an F1 car. Hell, a Formula 1 car could practically drive itself.

I know lots of "true F1 fans" take it as a frustrating lack of insight, but I say that there is no talent in Formula 1 any more. The drivers don't need to be talented... look at the difference between Marussia and Infiniti Red Bull. I guarantee you Vettel would not be any faster than Jules Bianchi (although probably faster than Max Chilton) and would not be taken seriously by any of the major teams. It's all down to car now, more than ever, I think...
Is that right... Okay will hook you up with a ride....
Old 7 Jun 2013, 01:13 (Ref:3258780)   #54
Bononi
Race Official
20KPINAL

Bononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBononi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I believe a talent will always standout among others, even with all the tech and aid in cars, but I might be wrong.
Old 7 Jun 2013, 04:37 (Ref:3258806)   #55
Beetle
Veteran

United States
Texas
Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!Beetle is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremySmith View Post
Is that right... Okay will hook you up with a ride....
I'll show Vettel how it's done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bononi View Post
I believe a talent will always standout among others, even with all the tech and aid in cars, but I might be wrong.
I think you're right. But to what extent is it a standout? I think that's been greatly diminished. My guess (obviously a very rough approximation!) is that with the introduction of DRS, KERS, and Adrian Newey (), driver skill necessary to win races has diminished by about 10%. And if Formula 1 drivers are so great why do they need things like DRS and KERS to help them pass other drivers? It would be interesting to put all 24 drivers into an identical car with identical tyres and have them hotlap around Sepang or something.

Quote:

your all just mad cause he's beating your drivers :P
Also, what is this supposed to mean?
Old 7 Jun 2013, 07:45 (Ref:3258848)   #56
henners88
Veteran

Wales
henners88 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I don't think its out of the realms of possibility we'll see Seb win it again this year. The Red Bull isn't the outright clear best car this season when you compare it to previous years but its good enough. Vettel has won 2 out of the 6 races and finished on the podium 4 times too. They are getting consistent points and that is all that matters. Seb has the experience of winning under pressure and the car isn't the dog some are making it out to be. I think we'll see a close battle between Vettel, Alonso and Raikkonen and although I hope either of the latter two get it, I think we'll see a very strong challenge from Seb and Red Bull.
Old 7 Jun 2013, 07:50 (Ref:3258852)   #57
henners88
Veteran

Wales
henners88 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

this guy will surpass Schumachers achievements, dunno why people hate Vettel so much..I watch F1 to see people drive not their personalty, just appreciate a good driver when I see one.
I can assure you I'm not mad or frustrated by Vettel's success nor do I really care about whether my favourite driver exceeds all records like many predict Seb to do.

I've been a supporter of Lewis Hamilton for years now and if he ends his career with just one more title, I will be more than happy with that. I watch F1 for enjoyment and for me Lewis is the most exciting driver to watch. He's the driver from this era that excites me the most and he'll be the one I tell my kids about when they are getting into the sport. We all have different views on what happens but its never safe to assume others are jealous because you've chosen to support a driver who happens to be successful right now.
Old 7 Jun 2013, 11:30 (Ref:3258914)   #58
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
And if Formula 1 drivers are so great why do they need things like DRS and KERS to help them pass other drivers?
Not sure if serious or on a wind up..

In answer to your questionm: Aerodynamical grip is the reason why DRS and KERS (plus tyres made out of chewing gum) have been introduced. Not due to lack of driver talent. I assume you did not watch the sport in the early 2000's, when there was no overtaking apart from during the pitstops.
Old 7 Jun 2013, 19:42 (Ref:3259077)   #59
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!

Quote:
you think its ridiculous and premature to predict a driver to take the title now, then you make your own one..?

Thing is, there is only really one person in this thread who's that bothered about this situation.
No one's losing any sleep over Vettel doing well. Although I suspect we keep coming back to this thread because its like watching a car crash.
Old 7 Jun 2013, 20:58 (Ref:3259110)   #60
garcon
Weasel Wrangler
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
And whatever we might say to the contrary, deep down we all love a good car crash.
Old 7 Jun 2013, 21:26 (Ref:3259130)   #61
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
But it's been cleared up now. Fortunately no-one got hurt.

Nothing left to see, move along people.

THE END

Old 7 Jun 2013, 21:53 (Ref:3259141)   #62
b1ackcr0w
Veteran

b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!b1ackcr0w is going for a new world record!
Quote:
its all over guys pack ur bags, vettels won this year, was pretty obvious he was held back this weekend. redbull HQ are like... Vettel we gotta make this season last to brazil to make it interesting for fans. congratz Vettel, simply too good.
Let's say you're right. That it's a done deal and nothing anybody says has any bearing on the matter. And doing so would be an exercise in futility.

Then logically.

Shouldn't you just shut up about it as well?
Old 8 Jun 2013, 01:48 (Ref:3259182)   #63
FAS33
Veteran

Australia
1st - 6th gear
FAS33 User had had their licence endorsedFAS33 User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
Thing is, there is only really one person in this thread who's that bothered about this situation.
No one's losing any sleep over Vettel doing well. Although I suspect we keep coming back to this thread because its like watching a car crash.
I think some people took that comment too seriously.
Old 8 Jun 2013, 08:08 (Ref:3259247)   #64
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
No, we took it as it was intended - and agreed with it!
Old 8 Jun 2013, 22:12 (Ref:3259495)   #65
garcon
Weasel Wrangler
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Now you mention it, this thread is making my head hurt very nearly as much as it would if I had slid at 100mph sideways into a tyrewall and incurred a force of 5.7g.

Old 9 Jun 2013, 21:15 (Ref:3259974)   #66
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
It's definitely a 'gumbyish' thread, that's for sure...

Old 9 Jun 2013, 22:57 (Ref:3260027)   #67
Armco Bender
Llama Assassin and Sheep Botherer
Veteran

New Zealand
International Sheep Ambassador
Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!
OK so Vettels going to win.....now just to prove the predicition isn't a fluke...who's the winner of the 2013 Melbourne Cup?.
Old 10 Jun 2013, 06:42 (Ref:3260136)   #68
FAS33
Veteran

Australia
1st - 6th gear
FAS33 User had had their licence endorsedFAS33 User had had their licence endorsed
give you a clue it has 4 legs
Old 10 Jun 2013, 07:55 (Ref:3260173)   #69
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
A Red Bull?
Old 10 Jun 2013, 09:39 (Ref:3260246)   #70
formerf1champ
Veteran

Australia
Vettel's gearbox preparing bench
formerf1champ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armco Bender View Post
OK so Vettels going to win.....now just to prove the predicition isn't a fluke...who's the winner of the 2013 Melbourne Cup?.
Reliable Man. Red Cadeaux a roughie.
Old 7 Jul 2013, 13:50 (Ref:3274878)   #71
FAS33
Veteran

Australia
1st - 6th gear
''yes yes yes...woooohooooo!'' go vettel. 1st german to win home race? wow
Old 7 Jul 2013, 14:03 (Ref:3274883)   #72
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
And "yes again".

Looking very good for him.
Old 7 Jul 2013, 14:50 (Ref:3274898)   #73
Bellof
Racer

South Africa
South Africa
Bellof should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
1st german to win home race? wow
apart from schumacher who won it 4 times...
Old 7 Jul 2013, 15:06 (Ref:3274900)   #74
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
No, never heard of him.
Old 7 Jul 2013, 16:40 (Ref:3274937)   #75
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellof View Post
apart from schumacher who won it 4 times...
Didn't he win the 'European' GP four times?