Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 5 Sep 2003, 17:54 (Ref:709377)   #1
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Tim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
E-Mail Campaign to SpeedChannel?

This thread is related to the Le Mans Bugatti race in November....

I have no idea whether or not Speed Channel here in the U.S. (does it air in Canada?) has any plans of televising or taping the Le Mans Bugatti race, but I would like to know who we can e-mail there to urge them to do so, and would encourage anyone else on this forum from North America to do the same....

This may be the second most important sportscar race of the year because of what is riding on the results...those automatic bids for podium finishers...

Could anyone please let me know who to e-mail there, and do likewise, so that their executive producers will know how many sportscar fans there are here who really want to see this race???

Thanks!

One American Open Wheel Series!
Old 5 Sep 2003, 18:16 (Ref:709394)   #2
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
pirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I want to see the race, but i'm in England, where they show no Sportscars at all apart from Brit GTs at 1 am
Old 5 Sep 2003, 18:26 (Ref:709397)   #3
SALEEN S7R
Veteran

England
Poole, England
SALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSALEEN S7R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Thats not exactly true. Eurosport will be showing highlights from qualifying tommorow evening for FIA GT, and tommorow the FIA GT/ETCC warm up live. And we will get 1hr highlights tommorow night of the FIA GT. Sure if u dont have Sky or CABLE u wont have much sportscar racing. But if u have Sky sports and Eurosport u get 1hr FIA SCC on a regular basis, 1hr FIA GT on Eurosport, plus the channel 4 coverage.

I have a feeling that Sky sports may cover the LMES, like they did the ELMS in 2001. I really hope they give sportscars a 2nd chance. Please, please, please dont let Eurosport get hold of the TV deal or its almost guarnteed we get no LIVE coverage because of Moto GP and WSBK. All because Eurosport dont have more than 1 channel. Okay they have the news, but Sky has 4 channels, plus the news channel. At least if we get Sky covering it we are sure of LIVE tv coverage.

Rant Over.
Old 5 Sep 2003, 18:35 (Ref:709401)   #4
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Tim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I believe that the FIA-GT footage we see in the winter on SpeedChannel is derived from EuroSport....

Personally, I wish the networks over here would use SpeedChannel's announcing teams and especially their Producers...they know how to cover racing action!!!!! They do an excellent job with the ALMS race coverage....but it will never happen....

Old 5 Sep 2003, 19:21 (Ref:709436)   #5
paul-collins
Veteran

Canada
Mosport on a good day
paul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridpaul-collins should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Tim, yes we have Speed up north.

Have you been to their website forum? Jim Liberatore often visits it (userid speed1) as well as other higher-up officials of Speed TV.

He definitely takes suggestions, comments, criticisms seriously - but he's got a sense of humour about it, too. I'd post something there and follow it up with an email.
... Since all men live in darkness, who believes something is not a test of whether it is true or false. I have spent years trying to get people to ask simple questions: What is the evidence, and what does it mean?

-Bill James
Old 5 Sep 2003, 19:37 (Ref:709461)   #6
pirenzo
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
pirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridpirenzo should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by SALEEN S7R
Thats not exactly true. Eurosport will be showing highlights from qualifying tommorow evening for FIA GT, and tommorow the FIA GT/ETCC warm up live. And we will get 1hr highlights tommorow night of the FIA GT. Sure if u dont have Sky or CABLE u wont have much sportscar racing. But if u have Sky sports and Eurosport u get 1hr FIA SCC on a regular basis, 1hr FIA GT on Eurosport, plus the channel 4 coverage.

I have a feeling that Sky sports may cover the LMES, like they did the ELMS in 2001. I really hope they give sportscars a 2nd chance. Please, please, please dont let Eurosport get hold of the TV deal or its almost guarnteed we get no LIVE coverage because of Moto GP and WSBK. All because Eurosport dont have more than 1 channel. Okay they have the news, but Sky has 4 channels, plus the news channel. At least if we get Sky covering it we are sure of LIVE tv coverage.

Rant Over.
I meant terrestrial. I don't have digital or satellite.
Old 5 Sep 2003, 20:10 (Ref:709500)   #7
Dauntless
Racer

United States
San Francisco Bay Area
Dauntless should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Isn't Sky owned by the same holding compnay that owns Speed Channel? IIRC, both are owned by Murdock. Maybe a campaign to share feed could get UK viewers more sportscar race coverage. Just a thought...
Old 5 Sep 2003, 21:49 (Ref:709610)   #8
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Thanks, Paul-Collins!!!!

I sent both!!!!

They are the type of operation that would probably do it....

Old 6 Sep 2003, 02:09 (Ref:709742)   #9
19dodge
Veteran

19dodge should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
yea, that would make sense, since fox sports world shows alot of Sky Sports shows. fox owns speed channel.

Maybe fox sports world in the usa can get the live LMES races if Sky broadcasts them live in europe
Old 8 Sep 2003, 06:44 (Ref:711415)   #10
Mal
Veteran

England
London
Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!Mal is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally posted by Dauntless
Isn't Sky owned by the same holding compnay that owns Speed Channel? IIRC, both are owned by Murdock. Maybe a campaign to share feed could get UK viewers more sportscar race coverage. Just a thought...
Yes they are owned by the same company. Perhaps they could swap and let sky show speed in the UK and Fox show Motors TV in the USA! Mind you I would rather them cut down the NASCAR coverage first.

Last edited by Mal; 8 Sep 2003 at 06:45.