Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 8 Jun 2013, 09:20 (Ref:3259264)   #126
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
I think the news expected was an additional manufacturer to announce plans. Is this that announcement though? Im hoping theres more.
I just checked back and Graham said in the rumours thread that the test day announcement wasn't Rebellion. So hopefully there's more to come.
Old 8 Jun 2013, 09:23 (Ref:3259265)   #127
gustavobamba
Veteran

Portugal
Viana do Castelo
gustavobamba should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgustavobamba should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
I just checked back and Graham said in the rumours thread that the test day announcement wasn't Rebellion. So hopefully there's more to come.
Will be Nissan to present their "56th garage car"??? and 2015 LMP1 "assault"??
Old 8 Jun 2013, 10:14 (Ref:3259276)   #128
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by gustavobamba View Post
Will be Nissan to present their "56th garage car"??? and 2015 LMP1 "assault"??
Supposedly the programme is for 2014 - so not Nissan.
Old 8 Jun 2013, 10:40 (Ref:3259280)   #129
jsTrecu
Veteran

jsTrecu should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjsTrecu should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Good news, I'm happy for Rebellion and wish them well.
If the real car looks close to that it'll be a beauty

I hope they revert to the red/white/gold livery too, it was very cool.
Old 8 Jun 2013, 10:45 (Ref:3259282)   #130
aneesh99
Veteran

United Kingdom
aneesh99 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Great stuff for Rebellion, can't wait to see the final car! It's great to see a private team willing to stay and invest big time in P1, who knows, if they get a few more breaks or this car is really competitive, a few overall podiums if the factory teams stuff it up
Old 8 Jun 2013, 10:47 (Ref:3259283)   #131
trickyd
Racer

trickyd should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by jsTrecu View Post
Good news, I'm happy for Rebellion and wish them well.
If the real car looks close to that it'll be a beauty

I hope they revert to the red/white/gold livery too, it was very cool.
I agree, that car in their red and white 'Swiss' livery really would be very nice.

I doubt they will be able to challenge Audi/Toyota/Porsche but you need privateers and they are a well run outfit. Hopefully we'll get a couple more.
Old 8 Jun 2013, 11:11 (Ref:3259293)   #132
Thaw Daggerslash
Racer

Thaw Daggerslash should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm thrilled by this news. I'm a fan of Rebellion and have been for several years now. Great to finally hear of their 2014 plans.

I remain sceptical as to whether they will be able to compete for overall wins, because logic dictates that manufacturers will always have the advantage through more resources/cash.

Could someone with a better technical understanding of the regulations than me explain what help privateers get in 2014 to bring them closer to the manufacturers? Thanks.
Old 8 Jun 2013, 11:42 (Ref:3259303)   #133
jsTrecu
Veteran

jsTrecu should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridjsTrecu should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I don't know much about regulations.

But in my opinion if they manage at least to put some pressure on the big boys for a couple of hours and finish the race less than 10 laps behind the winner it will be a huge accomplishment already. Hoping for more is not realistic (I wish it was) at this point.
Old 8 Jun 2013, 11:43 (Ref:3259304)   #134
TRspitfirefan
Veteran

United States
TRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lagunaseca_4life View Post
That's great news!not what everyone expected, but still great to see support of Lmp's going into the future.
Not great news for ALMS fans.
http://auto-racing.speedtv.com/artic...-2013-program/
Old 8 Jun 2013, 11:44 (Ref:3259305)   #135
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Great news.
Old 8 Jun 2013, 12:03 (Ref:3259321)   #136
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
I would suggest 3 Porsches !!!! But great news from Rebellion ..... looks great .
Old 8 Jun 2013, 12:06 (Ref:3259322)   #137
Stagger Lee
Rookie

United Kingdom
Stagger Lee should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Great move for Rebellion.

However, who will they be competing with next year? The diesel constructors or the Petrol privateers? Rebellion seem to have found a bit of a gap in the market.
Old 8 Jun 2013, 12:10 (Ref:3259323)   #138
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
http://www.endurance-info.com/versio...nce-18692.html
Old 8 Jun 2013, 12:11 (Ref:3259324)   #139
Ephaeton
Veteran

Austria
Between Österreichring and Nordschleife
Ephaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEphaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEphaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEphaeton should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by R4z3rw33n View Post
Interesting times.

Sounds as if Toyota's blessing is forthcoming.
Or they don't care: Win LM13, retire at end of season. Claim endurance racing marketing kudos by referring to the engine being raced. A recurring classic.

Anyways, happy for Rebellion. Now with small manufacturers popping up (again), I hope we can get rid of the big ones.
Old 8 Jun 2013, 14:04 (Ref:3259354)   #140
wewantourdarbyback
Veteran

United Kingdom
Surrey
wewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridwewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Great to see Rebellion getting a new chassis, if only those lights could be kept on the final product.
Old 8 Jun 2013, 14:04 (Ref:3259355)   #141
TWRv12
Veteran

TWRv12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTWRv12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ephaeton View Post
Anyways, happy for Rebellion. Now with small manufacturers popping up (again), I hope we can get rid of the big ones.
Wouldn't be so bad if the rules weren't written to favour the big manufacturers. They need to be forced to supply powertrains at low fixed prices.
Old 8 Jun 2013, 15:00 (Ref:3259370)   #142
dj choc ice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Liverpool
dj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by TWRv12 View Post
Wouldn't be so bad if the rules weren't written to favour the big manufacturers. They need to be forced to supply powertrains at low fixed prices.
That or year old machinery to top privateer teams with good drivers, such as what happened with Oreca in 2010 with the 908 but I'm sure manufacturers wouldn't be too happy if it were written into the rules to provide privateers with year old cars. I think what needs to happen is a few season similar to 2004-2006 where it was pretty much just about the small constructors, that will bring out the smaller constructors and encourage some development.
Old 8 Jun 2013, 15:31 (Ref:3259379)   #143
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
What fantastic news and from the pictures the car looks great can't wait to see it next year.
Old 8 Jun 2013, 18:15 (Ref:3259429)   #144
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
Rebellion aiming for the win next year!
http://www.endurance-info.com/versio...nce-18707.html

Rather ambitious, but fair play to them!
Old 8 Jun 2013, 20:37 (Ref:3259471)   #145
dj choc ice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Liverpool
dj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the griddj choc ice should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by vincegail View Post
Rebellion aiming for the win next year!
http://www.endurance-info.com/versio...nce-18707.html

Rather ambitious, but fair play to them!
If they win it would be fantastic. Am I correct (or in-correct) in assuming that Audi and Toyota have to build new cars for next year or are they grand-fathered?
Old 8 Jun 2013, 20:40 (Ref:3259472)   #146
gregtummer
Veteran

gregtummer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by dj choc ice View Post
If they win it would be fantastic. Am I correct (or in-correct) in assuming that Audi and Toyota have to build new cars for next year or are they grand-fathered?
I think all the Prototypes are grand-fathered in for next year, but you'll need a new car if you want a realistic shot at winning.

There is no way the ACO will allow a 2013 car to be faster than a 2014 car. The 2013 car will have massive restrictions (think of the 2011 Oreca Peugeot).
Old 8 Jun 2013, 20:58 (Ref:3259475)   #147
dj choc ice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Liverpool
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregtummer View Post
I think all the Prototypes are grand-fathered in for next year, but you'll need a new car if you want a realistic shot at winning.

There is no way the ACO will allow a 2013 car to be faster than a 2014 car. The 2013 car will have massive restrictions (think of the 2011 Oreca Peugeot).
Even if this is the case Rebellion and Oreca will have to build a pretty special car together to beat the grand-fathered TS030's, R18's and the new Porsche's. I do hope Rebellion can do what Pescarolo failed to do and stick it to the big manufacturers and win at Le Mans though, I guess we just have to wait till next year and see how things play out.
Old 8 Jun 2013, 21:03 (Ref:3259476)   #148
gregtummer
Veteran

gregtummer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by dj choc ice View Post
Even if this is the case Rebellion and Oreca will have to build a pretty special car together to beat the grand-fathered TS030's, R18's and the new Porsche's. I do hope Rebellion can do what Pescarolo failed to do and stick it to the big manufacturers and win at Le Mans though, I guess we just have to wait till next year and see how things play out.
Well I meant in the case of manufacturers. Since Porsche is new, they are building brand new cars for 2014 and the ACO wouldn't want 2013 Toyotas and Audis running faster than a 2014 Porsche (barring a complete disaster like Aston Martin LMP1 in 2011), so by default that would force Toyota and Audi to run brand new cars for 2014. If you can follow my logic.
Old 8 Jun 2013, 21:18 (Ref:3259478)   #149
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ephaeton View Post
Old 8 Jun 2013, 21:23 (Ref:3259479)   #150
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thaw Daggerslash View Post
Could someone with a better technical understanding of the regulations than me explain what help privateers get in 2014 to bring them closer to the manufacturers? Thanks.
Page 46: http://www.mulsannescorner.com/2014%...28,%202012.pdf

"No ERS" = practically the non-hybrid privateer class.