Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Old 28 Aug 2013, 21:42 (Ref:3295419)   #2311
brandscooper
Rookie

brandscooper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by skycafe View Post
Not to throw us wildly off topic, but has Tucker's DS/R been FIA crash tested and failed, or was it not tested? Just my curiosity, not being nit picky.
As an SCCA Runoffs car it does not need to pass the same FIA tests as the DW. As raced there's no way it would anyway. It was essentially a tube frame car.
Old 4 Sep 2013, 01:40 (Ref:3298621)   #2312
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
The DW coupe tested today and they have tweeted a few pictures. This is the most revealing so far:

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/BTRVD80IAAAL8V8.jpg:large

My eyes aren't keen enough to discern all the differences with this and the open top car, but it looks like the fin treatment is different and is that an airbox on the top? I like the "gill" treatment on the engine cover too. That should take care of the cooling issues!

Last edited by joeb; 4 Sep 2013 at 01:46.
Old 4 Sep 2013, 02:19 (Ref:3298633)   #2313
miatanut
Veteran

United States
Seattle
miatanut should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmiatanut should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridmiatanut should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
The DW coupe tested today and they have tweeted a few pictures. This is the most revealing so far:

My eyes aren't keen enough to discern all the differences with this and the open top car, but it looks like the fin treatment is different and is that an airbox on the top? I like the "gill" treatment on the engine cover too. That should take care of the cooling issues!
They did that sort of thing on the DP01

I can't find a lower angle shot, but the lower angle looked quite similar.
Old 4 Sep 2013, 03:13 (Ref:3298642)   #2314
skycafe
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Water on three sides
skycafe has a real shot at the championship!skycafe has a real shot at the championship!skycafe has a real shot at the championship!skycafe has a real shot at the championship!skycafe has a real shot at the championship!skycafe has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:

That doesn't look wide enough to be a two seater.
Old 4 Sep 2013, 04:32 (Ref:3298653)   #2315
deltawing
Racer

deltawing should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddeltawing should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by skycafe View Post
That doesn't look wide enough to be a two seater.
It is a single seater and the seat is in the middle. The may not have been designed to LM spex either.

The rear looks identical (beside the engine cover, fin and all the stuff that makes it a coupe), just the holes are in different positions.

It would be great to get a picture of the under body to see how are things shaped there and find out if they managed to find more downforce, but I guess that would be asking too much
Old 4 Sep 2013, 08:49 (Ref:3298712)   #2316
Coach Ep
Veteran

Coach Ep has a real shot at the podium!Coach Ep has a real shot at the podium!Coach Ep has a real shot at the podium!Coach Ep has a real shot at the podium!Coach Ep has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by deltawing View Post
It would be great to get a picture of the under body to see how are things shaped there and find out if they managed to find more downforce, but I guess that would be asking too much
Patience please, just wait for the Petit
Old 4 Sep 2013, 09:02 (Ref:3298716)   #2317
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
It doesn't look that bad from behind , like some women , but its a shocker from the front !!!
Old 4 Sep 2013, 12:06 (Ref:3298785)   #2318
HJJ
Veteran

United States
Hoschburg, just outside of Brasleburg.
HJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHJJ should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
It is a single seater and the seat is in the middle. The may not have been designed to LM spex either.
The cockpit is designed to 2014 LM specs.
Old 4 Sep 2013, 12:24 (Ref:3298799)   #2319
deltawing
Racer

deltawing should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddeltawing should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by HJJ View Post
The cockpit is designed to 2014 LM specs.
How did you know I was referring to the cockpit, looking at the fact that I completely missed the word? .... But yes, I was not sure about the cockpit because I think I saw a very bad quality picture somewhere and maybe it was the angle or the poor quality, but it looked like the rood was not up to spex. But it could be you are absolutely right. We should wait for better photos.
Old 4 Sep 2013, 12:31 (Ref:3298806)   #2320
deltawing
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach Ep View Post
Patience please, just wait for the Petit
You think someone is going to be able to get a picture from underneath? I have never been able to find an under body shot of the DW on the internet. If know of one, please send me a link or just IM me. Thanks!
Old 4 Sep 2013, 12:36 (Ref:3298811)   #2321
EricS
Racer

United States
Austin, TX
EricS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
You think someone is going to be able to get a picture from underneath? I have never been able to find an under body shot of the DW on the internet. If know of one, please send me a link or just IM me. Thanks!
He was making a joke, that it will flip over again like last year. Hence the smiley.
Old 4 Sep 2013, 13:10 (Ref:3298828)   #2322
deggis
Veteran

Finland
deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!deggis is going for a new world record!
Old 4 Sep 2013, 13:18 (Ref:3298832)   #2323
gustavobamba
Veteran

Portugal
Viana do Castelo
gustavobamba should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgustavobamba should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by deggis View Post
This car with a rear wing (futuristic) will look more decent
Old 4 Sep 2013, 13:48 (Ref:3298858)   #2324
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
I have taken pictures of the bottom sides of cars at tech inspections at Sebring and Road America. I've never done it at Road atlanta, but thinking about the usual location of the IMSA trailer, this should be possible.
Old 4 Sep 2013, 13:55 (Ref:3298862)   #2325
deltawing
Racer

Quote:
I have taken pictures of the bottom sides of cars at tech inspections at Sebring and Road America. I've never done it at Road atlanta, but thinking about the usual location of the IMSA trailer, this should be possible.
It would be very nice if you could!.... Looking at the full picture above, it seems noting else was changed on the car (beside the cockpit, engine cover, etc), so it will be essential to see some underneath pictures to find out how are they going to get extra downforce...