Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing

Notices

Old 7 Mar 2014, 10:07 (Ref:3376077)   #196
nobster
Veteran

Netherlands
Eindhoven, de gekste!!!!
nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!nobster has a real shot at the podium!
Good to see a new car in class, Ligier name back at Le Mans also nice.
Old 7 Mar 2014, 13:01 (Ref:3376118)   #197
isynge
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!isynge is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by nobster View Post
Good to see a new car in class, Ligier name back at Le Mans also nice.
The more I look at this the more I think this is a very good looking car indeed.

One thing I would like to see is it being given a series number conforming with traditional Ligier JS xx standards, with an even number (odd ones historically being used for single seaters - which seems to have fallen a little by the wayside with their CN cars).
Old 11 Mar 2014, 21:08 (Ref:3377550)   #198
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Pics from testing were posted on Twitter today:

I like it!
Old 11 Mar 2014, 21:09 (Ref:3377553)   #199
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Oh look, they've bought the original headlights of the TS030 from TMG.
Old 11 Mar 2014, 21:35 (Ref:3377561)   #200
TheNo1F1Fan
Veteran

Denmark
TheNo1F1Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNo1F1Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor_RO View Post
Oh look, they've bought the original headlights of the TS030 from TMG.
Funny.
Old 12 Mar 2014, 02:20 (Ref:3377622)   #201
JoestForEver
Veteran

United Kingdom
New York
JoestForEver should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Can I say it's a bit hideous? The cockpit is like a cancer growing from the open-top body. Not as natural as P1 coupes or even the T128. It looks like a Pescarolo LMP3 coupe.Ah...my eyes!
Old 12 Mar 2014, 02:59 (Ref:3377627)   #202
Salamus
Veteran

Canada
Ontario
Salamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSalamus should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
It's great to see another prototype!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoestForEver View Post
Can I say it's a bit hideous? The cockpit is like a cancer growing from the open-top body. Not as natural as P1 coupes or even the T128. It looks like a Pescarolo LMP3 coupe.Ah...my eyes!
I find this slightly prettier than the Porsche 919.
Old 12 Mar 2014, 03:59 (Ref:3377637)   #203
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
The Big Smoke
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I think it's really cute.

Exactly how a second-tier prototype should look.
Old 12 Mar 2014, 07:10 (Ref:3377657)   #204
silente
Racer

silente should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So which regs book is this car referring to exactly?

I still struggle to understand how P2 rules changed/will change during the next years...

I read somewhere that now all new P2s should be closed, but do they share anything with P1 regulation? And shouldn't P2 rules finally change after 2016?
Old 12 Mar 2014, 09:30 (Ref:3377711)   #205
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
P2 regulations stay the same until 2016 or 2017, the decision to move to closed cars seems to be on the part of the P2 manufacturers. Open cars are still allowed, look at the HPD and the Zytek.
Old 12 Mar 2014, 09:32 (Ref:3377712)   #206
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
A face only a sportscar fan could love.
Old 12 Mar 2014, 09:50 (Ref:3377716)   #207
gwyllion
Veteran

Belgium
gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!gwyllion is going for a new world record!
More pictures and an interview with Jacques Nicolet on http://www.endurance-info.com/fr/jac...il-le-fallait/

Old 12 Mar 2014, 09:51 (Ref:3377717)   #208
wewantourdarbyback
Veteran

United Kingdom
Goodwood
wewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridwewantourdarbyback should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I like it, interesting to see that the fin-type things on front wheel arches of the early models have become the shaping of the light cluster.
Old 12 Mar 2014, 10:11 (Ref:3377724)   #209
TheNo1F1Fan
Veteran

Denmark
TheNo1F1Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNo1F1Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I really like the car and the photos.
Old 12 Mar 2014, 10:23 (Ref:3377730)   #210
carbon_titanium
Veteran

carbon_titanium should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridcarbon_titanium should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Victor_RO View Post
P2 regulations stay the same until 2016 or 2017, the decision to move to closed cars seems to be on the part of the P2 manufacturers. Open cars are still allowed, look at the HPD and the Zytek.
New lmp2 regulations will debut in 2017, but considering that in 2015 will debut the new oreca lmp2 coupè and the former lmp1 HPD-wirth lmp2 coupè while more oak-ligier coupè will be produced, I don't think that oreca, oak and HPD were going to build these new cars for only 2 seasons! I think that very probably the 2014-2015 lmp2 close monocoques (and surely most of the bodywork too) will be regoular in 2017 regulations.