Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > North American Racing

Notices

Old 29 Apr 2014, 21:24 (Ref:3399823)   #76
Breitling24
Veteran

Breitling24 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBreitling24 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by nkoske View Post
I passed this sign a while back.
Made a Pliny the Elder clone/hybrid a friend, hopefully it will be ready.
Sounds quite tasty! Enjoy.

"Travel makes a wise man better, and a fool worse." Thomas Fuller
Old 30 Apr 2014, 01:32 (Ref:3399870)   #77
CyberMotor
Veteran

United States
CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!CyberMotor has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
This is great. I've known Ryan ever since he was a teenager hanging around the tracks. He worked and drove for lesser-funded teams and I have one photo of Ryan, rebuilding his own gearbox so that the could get back into the action.

My friend, Ryan, is the real thing. Glad to see him given new opportunities.
Old 30 Apr 2014, 02:15 (Ref:3399875)   #78
schmidder
Racer

United States
Folsom, CA
schmidder should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLFalconsFAN View Post
Same thing happened with Sebring tickets. For as long as I can remember the ticket had a picture of the previous year's winning car on it. This year there was no picture at all, just a boring ticket.

It's obvious that they want to change everything to make it new again and ruin it all during the process.

I used to fly cross country to be at Laguna for ALMS, this year it may just sit on my DVR for a few weeks until I get around to it. It's all shameful really.
You guys really complaining about a piece of paper that gets you into the race? I understand some collect them, etc...but is this really even worth sweating...
Old 30 Apr 2014, 05:19 (Ref:3399894)   #79
Gulf
Racer

Gulf should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATLFalconsFAN View Post
Same thing happened with Sebring tickets. For as long as I can remember the ticket had a picture of the previous year's winning car on it. This year there was no picture at all, just a boring ticket.

It's obvious that they want to change everything to make it new again and ruin it all during the process.

I used to fly cross country to be at Laguna for ALMS, this year it may just sit on my DVR for a few weeks until I get around to it. It's all shameful really.

It was like they were trying to hide any evidence of P1 cars, but hey it could be worse and was at Daytona all they have me was a wrist band like some stupid night club.
Old 30 Apr 2014, 15:25 (Ref:3400020)   #80
ATLFalconsFAN
Veteran

United States
Discovery Bay, CA
ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new lap record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new lap record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new lap record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new lap record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new lap record!ATLFalconsFAN is going for a new lap record!
I do have better things to complain about. It is however just another example of the many things that prove that this new series is worse than what we used to have.
Old 30 Apr 2014, 16:19 (Ref:3400039)   #81
JHamilton
Subscriber
Veteran

United States
Atlanta, GA
JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!JHamilton is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I get twisted up over lame tickets as well. However, it is usually the track that handles the entire ticket process.
Old 30 Apr 2014, 17:26 (Ref:3400060)   #82
BullMan
Veteran

BullMan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JHamilton View Post
I get twisted up over lame tickets as well. However, it is usually the track that handles the entire ticket process.
And NASCAR owns Sebring now.
Old 1 May 2014, 03:18 (Ref:3400204)   #83
Mechanic Z
Veteran

United States
Mos Eisley
Mechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMechanic Z should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FstrthnU View Post
http://www.dailysportscar.com/?p=28605
Pierre Kaffer in for Risi at Long Beach.
That's a good lineup for Risi. Hopefully they can avoid the lousy luck they seem to keep running into this year.
Old 1 May 2014, 18:30 (Ref:3400456)   #84
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famejoeb will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I seemed to have missed this earlier, but with Pla being at Spa for WEC action, Oak has brought Brundle in for Laguna.
Old 1 May 2014, 19:48 (Ref:3400492)   #85
jasonjessica09
Veteran

jasonjessica09 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjasonjessica09 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Qualifying pole times from last year to use as reference. I don't know if GA ran at Laguna last year but the DP pole time is probably irrelevant since it was under 2013 spec:

LMP2 1:16.6GTLM 1:22.7

Me thinks that the DP/LMP2 pole will be slower than last year's LMP2 pole perhaps in the low 17's while GTLM will go slightly faster into the low 22's.
Old 1 May 2014, 20:11 (Ref:3400501)   #86
nkoske
Racer

United States
Bay Area, CA
nkoske should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by jasonjessica09 View Post
I don't know if GA ran at Laguna last year but the DP pole time is probably irrelevant since it was under 2013 spec:
They did. 1:21.557 was pole.
Old 1 May 2014, 20:34 (Ref:3400511)   #87
Danathar
Racer

Danathar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BullMan View Post
Actually I think The Sebring raceway is still owned by Don Panoz but is leased to IMSA long term.

Edit:

Ooops...was wrong.
Old 1 May 2014, 23:33 (Ref:3400547)   #88
FstrthnU
Veteran

United States
Boston, MA
FstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridFstrthnU should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
http://sportscar365.com/imsa/tusc/st...r-in-monterey/
Can you say Martini Racing!?
Old 2 May 2014, 00:41 (Ref:3400554)   #89
Breitling24
Veteran

Breitling24 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBreitling24 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by BullMan View Post
But NASCAR doesn't own LS, which the original ticket comment was about.

"Travel makes a wise man better, and a fool worse." Thomas Fuller
Old 2 May 2014, 01:33 (Ref:3400560)   #90
TRspitfirefan
Veteran

United States
TRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTRspitfirefan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FstrthnU View Post

FANTASTIC!!!
That livery is just classic.