Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 15 Dec 2013, 18:33 (Ref:3344348)   #1
Moosehead
Veteran

Moosehead should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Bernies HVRA 2014

Bernie's HVRA is Go for 2014

These are the dates so far:

1. April 21st (Bank Holiday Monday). Oulton Park. British GT Championship. We have 2x20 min races.

2. June 7/8th at Brands Hatch. This is the Speedfest. Saturday will be a 20 minute qualifying session, and Sunday with 2 x 20 minute races.

3. August 30/31st. Snetterton. "Live Motors TV". On Saturday we will have a 20 minute qualifying as usual and 2 x 20 minute races which will be shown live on Motors TV and shown again frequently at later dates. Sunday will be another 20 minute race late morning.

4. October 3/4th. Castle Combe.

If you need any more info please ask
CSCC Swinging Sixties #128 Red/Black Mustang
Old 15 Dec 2013, 20:34 (Ref:3344373)   #2
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
I'm looking forward to it.
Old 16 Dec 2013, 16:10 (Ref:3344620)   #3
Cliff Ryan
Veteran

Cliff Ryan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCliff Ryan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'm really looking forward to this, as Bernie will let me race in my V12 XJS

The 'Big Boys Challenge' will resume
Old 16 Dec 2013, 16:31 (Ref:3344626)   #4
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
Ha ha be warned I knocked a full 7 seconds off my race time at the 300 once I dumped those God awful Dunlops!
Old 16 Dec 2013, 16:45 (Ref:3344636)   #5
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Well, depending on timing I wouldn't mind bringing mine out to play.
Old 16 Dec 2013, 17:15 (Ref:3344650)   #6
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Weyman View Post
Ha ha be warned I knocked a full 7 seconds off my race time at the 300 once I dumped those God awful Dunlops!
Yeah, you managed to dump them on me. I've only used them once and that was in the wet and tbh they didn't perform any worse than A048s, trouble now is that they are about 10 years old so I'll have to ditch them or use them to start a bonfire.
Old 16 Dec 2013, 17:31 (Ref:3344656)   #7
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
No I never used those as they wouldn't fit on my 8" rims or I would have kept them for wets which fully tread they are not bad and they were unused, some like Tim Dodwell love them for wet racing, they are also road legal I believe. In fairness to the Dunlops the Kumhos are a very low profile 16" tyre on a wider rim I also got a fair bit of weight off the front end of the car which helped. A true back to back maybe when I took her out on a worn set of Goodyear Blue Streaks of the same size and same rims and picked up only 3 seconds. Anyhow don't chuck them out they will last forever which is one of their greatest strengths!
Old 16 Dec 2013, 18:11 (Ref:3344674)   #8
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliff Ryan View Post
I'm really looking forward to this, as Bernie will let me race in my V12 XJS

The 'Big Boys Challenge' will resume
Which 4 plug leads are you going to remove? And still claim another magnum....

Old 16 Dec 2013, 18:59 (Ref:3344682)   #9
brands
Veteran

brands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Glad the series is returning to Combe.
Old 16 Dec 2013, 19:21 (Ref:3344689)   #10
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post

He's got to give two of them to me as I'll be joining in as well.
Old 16 Dec 2013, 20:16 (Ref:3344710)   #11
Cliff Ryan
Veteran

Cliff Ryan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCliff Ryan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post

1 & 6 on the near side bank are the one's that keep oiling up, so they'll be first to go

Tim can then pick the next two
Old 16 Dec 2013, 20:46 (Ref:3344719)   #12
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Not quite Bernies V8's then!
Old 16 Dec 2013, 21:02 (Ref:3344735)   #13
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliff Ryan View Post
1 & 6 on the near side bank are the one's that keep oiling up, so they'll be first to go

Tim can then pick the next two
I can't see how they oil up as most of the oil from that side goes over my car as you go past me.
Quote:
Not quite Bernies V8's then!
Not totally, no.
Old 17 Dec 2013, 09:24 (Ref:3344908)   #14
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Needs renaming then, shame as I thought the name was part of the attraction, I went along with V12's as say a minimum V8 and upwards so the name could be retained without looking a bit daft but don't support allowing in 6 bangers but its not my call so see you there..
Old 17 Dec 2013, 19:08 (Ref:3345116)   #15
gt917
Veteran

United Kingdom
Suffolk
gt917 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgt917 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgt917 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid

Al,

I must admit I too was surprised at the V8/SRGT amalgam.

Like the curates egg .... good in parts, but I do not see many of the "smaller fry" mixing it with the big boys as they simply do not stand a chance, me included if I enter the Porsche. My GT40 will be OK.
Old 17 Dec 2013, 19:22 (Ref:3345121)   #16
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Someone had better update the website a bit pronto then!
Old 17 Dec 2013, 20:24 (Ref:3345147)   #17
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by gt917 View Post
Al,

I must admit I too was surprised at the V8/SRGT amalgam.

Like the curates egg .... good in parts, but I do not see many of the "smaller fry" mixing it with the big boys as they simply do not stand a chance, me included if I enter the Porsche. My GT40 will be OK.
It's all a matter of the economies of making up numbers and not really much different to when we raced with the Heritage GTCC a few years back which again helped both series at the time, so you can have a series fail or try and do something about it, or not.
Al, no need to worry as I doubt the six bangers, and four for that matter, will get much of a look in at the speedfest as I reckon Bernie wont have much problem filling a grid with lumbering old yank tanks for that one.

Quote:
Someone had better update the website a bit pronto then!
I've already done it here and here

Last edited by Tim Falce; 17 Dec 2013 at 20:33.
Old 17 Dec 2013, 21:33 (Ref:3345166)   #18
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Oh right well first I have heard of this. I was actually talking about the HVRA V8's website.
Old 17 Dec 2013, 22:32 (Ref:3345190)   #19
Moosehead
Veteran

Moosehead should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Jeez, I go away for a couple of days and come back to find all these changes....
CSCC Swinging Sixties #128 Red/Black Mustang
Old 18 Dec 2013, 10:32 (Ref:3345386)   #20
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Quote:
Oh right well first I have heard of this. I was actually talking about the HVRA V8's website.
I didn't even know they had a site.
Old 18 Dec 2013, 10:38 (Ref:3345388)   #21
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
http://bernieshvra.co.uk/
Old 19 Dec 2013, 10:38 (Ref:3345864)   #22
jacobyte
Rookie

United Kingdom
jacobyte should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Falce View Post
I didn't even know they had a site.
Bingo... and this is why the turnouts aren't great.

I know Bernie's a busy man, but a decent communication strategy would likely result in far greater awareness and bigger grids. Most of the promotion I've seen has come from Al (which is to be congratulated), rather than the series' namesake (which is vital). I've offered my support a couple of times (web and social engagement is my business), but not had a response.

Still, I aim to be there in 2014, ideally with wheels that prefer to stay on the car!
Old 19 Dec 2013, 13:37 (Ref:3345906)   #23
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by jacobyte View Post
Bingo... and this is why the turnouts aren't great.

Most of the promotion I've seen has come from Al (which is to be congratulated), rather than the series' namesake (which is vital). I've offered my support a couple of times (web and social engagement is my business), but not had a response.
That's the crux of the matter, no disrespect to 10-tenths or Al for that matter but posting on here and also p****n h***s only hits a tiny percentage of the possible customers as has already been seen elsewhere. I also think these things are better off in the hands of the clubs that have a far wider target audience so to speak.
Old 24 Dec 2013, 13:55 (Ref:3347594)   #24
David Stallard
Racer

United Kingdom
Basildon, Essex, UK
David Stallard should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDavid Stallard should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDavid Stallard should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Real shame the series doesn't run with the CSCC anymore, lost loads of interested parties when it stopped.

Given up with Bernie, offered my services on several occasions and he couldn't be arsed.

Gutted to be honest as there is something about a V8 that stirs the soul.

.DAVID.

You can sleep in a car BUT you can't race a house!!!