Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 14 Mar 2006, 12:04 (Ref:1547895)   #1
Andrew2001
Veteran

New Zealand
Christchurch, New Zealand
Andrew2001 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Kimi and M.Schu VS the rest? (other silly rumours included)

The latest is that Kimi has apparently already signed a deal that would see him partner M.Schumacher at Ferrari from 2007, through to 2008? Coincidentally, MS has signed another 2 year deal to see him through until end of 2008? None of the above is confirmed, but no parties are commenting....
Would Schumacher really risk having such a formidable driver alongside him after all these years?
I doubt it, but evidently Ron Dennis has already said he has other drivers that he would be more than happy to sign should Montoya or Kimi 'decide to leave'. Who could they be? I hope one of them is Wurz, for starters. Perhaps they could take Heidfeld on as well, afterall....
I hope Raikkonen stays at McLaren, but if he doesn't then I hope the Ferrari is a dog next year.

My bet?

If Kimi and MS are team mates, MS won't have the last say.
Old 14 Mar 2006, 12:35 (Ref:1547922)   #2
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
A link.
Old 14 Mar 2006, 13:06 (Ref:1547954)   #3
QuickSilver
Racer

QuickSilver should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew2001
If Kimi and MS are team mates, MS won't have the last say.
Are you on crack? MS will always have the last say.
Old 14 Mar 2006, 17:11 (Ref:1548141)   #4
Russ-Turner
Racer

England
Motorsport Valley.
Russ-Turner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by QuickSilver
Are you on crack? MS will always have the last say.
Old 14 Mar 2006, 17:27 (Ref:1548165)   #5
arthurive
Rookie

United States
Michigan, USA
arthurive should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Is this the official 2007 Silly Season thread?
It looks as though Michael has indeed re-signed with Ferrari, through 2008.
Will Raikkonen join him there? I would say that if Ferrari has the chance to
get Raikkonen on board, they will not hesitate. One issue could be the cost.
Is Ferrari willing to pay two massive salaries?
At any rate, this would seem to put an end to Rossi's chances at Ferrari.
Old 14 Mar 2006, 17:30 (Ref:1548170)   #6
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!Marbot is going for a new lap record!
Going by Ferrari's current form i wouldn't be at all surprised to see TGF and KR as race drivers and VR as third driver.
Old 14 Mar 2006, 17:31 (Ref:1548171)   #7
Knowlesy
20KPINAL

Knowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameKnowlesy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
VR could be posted off to Red Bull of course...

Can't see it happening, mind you.
Old 14 Mar 2006, 17:37 (Ref:1548177)   #8
Marbot
Retired
20KPINAL

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowlesy
Ah yes,RedBull,very hip.
Old 14 Mar 2006, 17:45 (Ref:1548187)   #9
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
the real question is can Ferrari afford to pay for two number 1 drivers?

but as far as MS willing to have someone as talanted as KR their with him i dont see why not. this is a company he loves so his need for being number one is probably less than his disire to ensure the team has a suitable replacement for when he does decide his time is done. ie he cares about the future.
personally i would love to see it, and if MS does get the upper hand than his greatness becomes all the more obvious.
Old 14 Mar 2006, 18:14 (Ref:1548210)   #10
Silk Cut Jaguar
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bath, UK
Silk Cut Jaguar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridSilk Cut Jaguar should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by knowlesy

Can't see it happening, mind you.
I suppose that would depend on Mateschitz finally buying Ferrari. Then again, one of the Red Bull teams is bound to be eligible for a third car next year so it might not be so far fetched seeing Rossi in it as a favour to their engine partner.
Old 14 Mar 2006, 18:37 (Ref:1548236)   #11
krt917
Veteran

krt917 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkrt917 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl
personally i would love to see it, and if MS does get the upper hand than his greatness becomes all the more obvious.
Indeed, though if they were partnered together I think it would be asking a lot from Schuey to see off Kimi. The Schuey of a few seasons ago may well have been able to show KR a thing or two, but at that time he still had something to prove so he wanted as perfect a situation in the team for himself as he could get. Now, if he does partner KR, I think he could have more trouble as he isn't getting any faster and Kimi will be soooo hungry when (if) he joins Ferrari, especially if he fails to win the title again this year.
Having said that, Kimi might provide just the sort of motivation Schuey needs to hang around even longer!

Ultimately though, the young guy will always beat the older one. Just as Schuey would eventually have beaten Senna, so Alonso and (possibly) Kimi will eventually surpass him, if they haven't already.

As an aside, I was amused to see that the above link said that Kimi would 'possibly' be Schumacher's toughest team-mate should they end up together!
Old 14 Mar 2006, 18:57 (Ref:1548257)   #12
Russ-Turner
Racer

England
Motorsport Valley.
Russ-Turner should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Who is more likely to get the flick from Toyota if Kimi doesn't go to Ferrari or Massa suddenly starts to perform?
Old 14 Mar 2006, 20:12 (Ref:1548866)   #13
marzF1rocks
Racer

England
Derbyshire
marzF1rocks has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
So what if kimi has signed up for a new deal...

I dont think it would matter wot team he drove for ....

that boys got skills, i dont no how he does it but any1 who can get from last place to a podium positon....

Deserves to work for any team, think he'll be driving for ferrei though onces schumachers days are up
Old 14 Mar 2006, 20:24 (Ref:1548881)   #14
Dutton
Veteran

United Nations
Not Much North of Montana
Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!Dutton has a real shot at the podium!
Michael-Kimi for 2007-2008.

That would be immense.
Old 14 Mar 2006, 20:57 (Ref:1548938)   #15
01Mclaren-fan
Rookie

01Mclaren-fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Kimi also linked to Toyota

http://www.autosport.com/news/grapevine.php/id/50115
Old 14 Mar 2006, 23:17 (Ref:1549022)   #16
Dixie Flatline
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne
Dixie Flatline should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Russ-Turner
Who is more likely to get the flick from Toyota if Kimi doesn't go to Ferrari or Massa suddenly starts to perform?
Trulli, IMO. Ralf has got a long term contract in his pocket.

I'm going to start it now - JV to McLaren!
Old 14 Mar 2006, 23:24 (Ref:1549031)   #17
joe rossi
Veteran

United Kingdom
uk
joe rossi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjoe rossi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I would be amazed if Kimi went to Ferrari with MS still there. He will never get an even deal, regardless of what the contract says, and if MS did beat him the general opinion would be that Kimi was "nobbled" by the team.

It's a lose/lose situation in my opinion, Kimi won't be allowed to beat MS, and if MS beats him he will be denigrated by the onlookers.

Still, money talks, eh?
Old 16 Mar 2006, 02:19 (Ref:1549980)   #18
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by krt917
Indeed, though if they were partnered together I think it would be asking a lot from Schuey to see off Kimi. The Schuey of a few seasons ago may well have been able to show KR a thing or two, but at that time he still had something to prove so he wanted as perfect a situation in the team for himself as he could get. Now, if he does partner KR, I think he could have more trouble as he isn't getting any faster and Kimi will be soooo hungry when (if) he joins Ferrari, especially if he fails to win the title again this year.
Having said that, Kimi might provide just the sort of motivation Schuey needs to hang around even longer!

Ultimately though, the young guy will always beat the older one. Just as Schuey would eventually have beaten Senna, so Alonso and (possibly) Kimi will eventually surpass him, if they haven't already.

As an aside, I was amused to see that the above link said that Kimi would 'possibly' be Schumacher's toughest team-mate should they end up together!
And why is that? The piece about the young guy will always beat the older guy..IMHO I believe that Michael can still toast the lot of them to be honest, time will tell..
Old 16 Mar 2006, 04:26 (Ref:1550018)   #19
Gt_R
Veteran

Gt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridGt_R should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I think people tend to assume and dramatise the mentality of Michael.

If Kimi comes to Ferrari, it's because Ferrari wants Kimi as their future replacement to MS.

If Michael just wantsto be bothered about "ego" and stuff, he would have retired instead of hanging around.

In short, if Kimi comes to Ferrari, it's with the understanding and blessing from Todt, Brawn, Luca, Byrne and Schumacher. If Kimi and Schumacher teams up, it's not for the sake of either guys pitting against each other... Schumacher has everything to lose, and nothing to lose. He has "everything" to lose only in the eyes of people who are desperate to see someone beat him. But to many others, he has nothing to lose, he has won 7 WDC, countless records, wins and poles... beating Kimi is a bonus, but losing cause no harm. Afterall, it's not that difficult to understand that MS is a generation of driver ahead. (exaggerate abit, you think it's a big deal should Massa beat Prost now? Does it make Prost a worse driver than Massa?)
Old 16 Mar 2006, 11:55 (Ref:1550181)   #20
krt917
Veteran

krt917 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridkrt917 should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremySmith
And why is that?
I assume that's a question about my Kimi comment. I'm amused about the phrase because it's surely obvious that KR would be Schuey's toughest F1 team-mate, should they end up together. And that isn't a criticism of Brundle, Irvine, Barrichello, or anyone else who has partnered Schuey.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeremySmith
The piece about the young guy will always beat the older guy..IMHO I believe that Michael can still toast the lot of them to be honest, time will tell..
He may still be able to (though it's now got to the point where I'm not sure if that's true when it comes to Alonso). All I am saying is that there has to be a time when the 'new' great, on their upward curve, surpasses the 'old' great on their downward curve. The incredible thing about Schuey is that he managed to stay on - or near - a peak 'plateau' for so long, and thus far his downward curve has been very shallow.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gt_R
Beating Kimi is a bonus, but losing cause no harm. Afterall, it's not that difficult to understand that MS is a generation of driver ahead. (exaggerate abit, you think it's a big deal should Massa beat Prost now? Does it make Prost a worse driver than Massa?)
Good point, except that I don't think there would be much point from Schuey's point of view to hang around just to get beaten by Kimi. If he stays, he'll want to show everyone that he can beat a topline team-mate, one of the few things that he hasn't really proved yet (at least, not in a Prost Vs Senna way). MS may be a generation ahead, but if he stays in F1, then he is still asking to be compared to other people in F1, whatever their age, and that would mean a comparison with Kimi.