Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 29 Nov 2017, 15:01 (Ref:3784051)   #226
Backagain
Racer

Backagain has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fomoco View Post
Hi Tourer, my point exactly, as a Marshall, we call in to race control, RD and CoC confer, They then send it to the stewards.
Stewards cannot walk in and start giving out penalties.

simple
That clarifies what happened last weekend, "RD (Roland Dane) and CoC confer".............
Old 29 Nov 2017, 23:00 (Ref:3784184)   #227
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
just realised 48 points between 6th and 10th in the champiosnhip, that is amazingly close
Old 30 Nov 2017, 11:04 (Ref:3784279)   #228
sizzle
Veteran

Australia
Darwin
sizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
It was how our group could find the entry gate with the complete lack of signage pointing us there.

A shame to lose it
That massive body of water everyone walked along didn't guide you at all???

Te run down the hill from 2 and the run down to the hairpin were superb viewing
Better still in the garage.
Old 30 Nov 2017, 11:05 (Ref:3784280)   #229
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
Originally Posted by sizzle View Post

We sat in the hairpin, Water on 3 sides, like we were on an island
Old 30 Nov 2017, 11:11 (Ref:3784282)   #230
sizzle
Veteran

Australia
Darwin
sizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsizzle should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
We sat in the hairpin, Water on 3 sides, like we were on an island
I had a look there Saturday.

If you could ensure a good position the run down the hill from 2 is by far the best.
Old 30 Nov 2017, 11:21 (Ref:3784284)   #231
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
I had a look there Saturday.

If you could ensure a good position the run down the hill from 2 is by far the best.
I didnt get around there. Was there a screen?

I did enjoy the hairpin, especially when the people in front left on saturday and we could move to the fence. We had a big screen as well
Old 30 Nov 2017, 11:52 (Ref:3784287)   #232
blaarg
Racer

blaarg should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Was I the only one to notice Lowdnes' bump on McLaughlin's left rear qtr-panel on the lead up to turn two, a couple of seconds before the 'title deciding' incident?

It makes you wonder if Lowndes would have passed McLaughlins C pillar by the incident scene, if he hadn't have made that little bump....
Old 30 Nov 2017, 19:51 (Ref:3784359)   #233
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:

The water was fine, finding an entrance gate was the complicated part. Sunday better than Saturday but no logical reason exists to not label Gate 1 as Gate 1..
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 30 Nov 2017, 22:30 (Ref:3784399)   #234
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Full rundown of how the penalties against 17 were done from the DSA: Bairdo speaks

All makes sense to me I have to say.
Old 1 Dec 2017, 00:07 (Ref:3784417)   #235
Axeman444
Veteran

Australia
Calling a spade a spade...
Axeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAxeman444 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourer View Post
Full rundown of how the penalties against 17 were done from the DSA: Bairdo speaks

All makes sense to me I have to say.
As a long time DJR supporter, I agree with everything that he says, unfortunately
Old 1 Dec 2017, 00:12 (Ref:3784420)   #236
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
The penalties were always ther in my opinion

Im a bit concerned by his justification of the difference between J Dub at NZ and Scott at Newcastle though.

If you run someone out of track then surely there has to be a penalty
Old 1 Dec 2017, 01:27 (Ref:3784432)   #237
mayhem
Veteran

Aruba
On that Island in LOST.
mayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmayhem should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Maybe environmental considerations are taken into account, ie: grass verge v concrete wall?
Old 1 Dec 2017, 02:00 (Ref:3784445)   #238
ford71
Veteran

Australia
Adelaide
ford71 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridford71 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thank you Baird for putting the explanations out there.

Monday would have been better though
Old 1 Dec 2017, 03:49 (Ref:3784464)   #239
sizzle
Veteran

Australia
Darwin
Quote:
The water was fine, finding an entrance gate was the complicated part. Sunday better than Saturday but no logical reason exists to not label Gate 1 as Gate 1..
The support paddock gate made it easier, still had the queue over the bridge though.
Old 1 Dec 2017, 05:34 (Ref:3784477)   #240
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
...other than vast amount of signage that had to be placed and low priority for labelling a gate as 1 (or 2 or 3 or whatever).

There were maps up around the place and surely anyone who came in via one entrance would at least know how to get back to that place for exit?

I'm struggling to understand the problem GTR?
Old 1 Dec 2017, 05:58 (Ref:3784479)   #241
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
...other than vast amount of signage that had to be placed and low priority for labelling a gate as 1 (or 2 or 3 or whatever).

There were maps up around the place and surely anyone who came in via one entrance would at least know how to get back to that place for exit?

I saw one map, as i was leaving on sunday

I was great suprised they didnt open up the track after the races to let people out
Old 1 Dec 2017, 06:41 (Ref:3784484)   #242
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Quote:
I saw one map, as i was leaving on sunday

I was great suprised they didnt open up the track after the races to let people out
I saw a few maps around - didn't count them though so can't provide an idea of how many.

They did open the track up for people to walk up Wharf Street, think King Street too.

I'd suggest too many gates and too much risk management to open up the whole track.
Old 1 Dec 2017, 09:11 (Ref:3784498)   #243
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:

A group of 10 not from Newcastle, asking them to meet at gate 1 when it doesn’t say Gate 1, and them asking (several) yellow jacketed volunteers along the way where Gate 1 was, and being told the wrong information... more than once... there was hassle and additional walking that didn’t need to be there.

It was sorted primarily only because they found a police officer and asked him..
There were plenty of them around at the weekend.

Easier when you are there, can pin the location, and use the technology to bring you back there the next day...
Old 1 Dec 2017, 18:51 (Ref:3784607)   #244
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Nice track.
Old 2 Dec 2017, 02:57 (Ref:3784659)   #245
old fart
Racer

Australia
a racetrack -wish it was Mt Panorama.
old fart should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridold fart should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
A group of 10 not from Newcastle, asking them to meet at gate 1 when it doesn’t say Gate 1, and them asking (several) yellow jacketed volunteers along the way where Gate 1 was, and being told the wrong information... more than once... there was hassle and additional walking that didn’t need to be there.

It was sorted primarily only because they found a police officer and asked him..
There were plenty of them around at the weekend.

Easier when you are there, can pin the location, and use the technology to bring you back there the next day...
Most likely security in the yellow hi viz vest rather than event volunteers.
All event volunteers and race officials have a little handbook with circuit layout maps included - I am suprised that security didn't have the same booklet or unfortunately chose not to check the map.
Old 2 Dec 2017, 07:28 (Ref:3784693)   #246
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
”It took 3 penalties to beat us..” - Mr Story

Ignores of course the 3 errors made by his pilot...
Old 2 Dec 2017, 08:35 (Ref:3784699)   #247
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
Quote:
”It took 3 penalties to beat us..” - Mr Story

Ignores of course the 3 errors made by his pilot...
I would say 4 errors (the 4th being letting lowndes up the inside)
Old 2 Dec 2017, 09:35 (Ref:3784706)   #248
chavez
Veteran

Australia
The Basin, Victoria
chavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchavez should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
I would say 4 errors (the 4th being letting lowndes up the inside)
I'd add a fifth.

The celebration after the Saturday race.

I can't help but feel they thought that they had done all they needed to do.
Old 2 Dec 2017, 10:38 (Ref:3784709)   #249
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by chavez View Post
I'd add a fifth.

The celebration after the Saturday race.

I can't help but feel they thought that they had done all they needed to do.
I had wondered that too.

The year ain’t over til the last lap of the last race and all penalties are tallied & issued.

Inexperienced at this level?
Old 2 Dec 2017, 10:39 (Ref:3784710)   #250
craig1
Racer

craig1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Only just got around to watching the Sunday race, really no hurry once you know the outcome, great race. There's one thing that I don't seem to see though.

If all that went down was just and fair and all the officialdom decisions were correct, what happened with the Blanchard incident.

After clearly punting Blanchard into a half spin and the tyres to make the pass, Lowndes shouldn't have even been a contender at the end.

Did I miss something?

Wouldn't it be a 15sec time panalty at least.

They even replayed it but it didn't get a mention at all.