Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

View Poll Results: What score are you giving it?
10 0 0%
9 0 0%
8 0 0%
7 1 2.70%
6 3 8.11%
5 12 32.43%
4 8 21.62%
3 5 13.51%
2 6 16.22%
1 2 5.41%
Voters: 37. You may not vote on this poll

Old 10 May 2015, 13:27 (Ref:3536100)   #1
Born Racer
Race Official
Veteran

Born Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBorn Racer will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Rate the Grand Prix: Spanish Grand Prix 2015

What score are you giving it?
Old 10 May 2015, 13:45 (Ref:3536102)   #2
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!
2. Utter snorefest. Fell asleep for 10 laps of it, and I never do that.

Worst thing that could have happened was Vettel getting ahead of Hamilton at the start. Killed the race.

DRS was way too heavy, and still not much overtaking happened.

Selby
Old 10 May 2015, 13:54 (Ref:3536106)   #3
Razor
10-10ths official Trekkie
Veteran

Australia
Behind the wheel
Razor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
6. Some good battles, sat down with my old man (first time in ages, spending some off time with the family) and both were in stitches with ice packs on Lotus jackman's....um....areas and the pronunciation of Bottas's last name.

Mind you, the leadership battle could've done with some more quality but some giveth, some taketh.
Old 10 May 2015, 13:56 (Ref:3536107)   #4
TheMightyM
Veteran

TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!TheMightyM has a real shot at the podium!
3. Pretty boring throughout.
Old 10 May 2015, 13:59 (Ref:3536108)   #5
TheNo1F1Fan
Veteran

Denmark
TheNo1F1Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridTheNo1F1Fan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Old 10 May 2015, 14:00 (Ref:3536109)   #6
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
6. Pretty dull, but good sign to see Rosberg winning again.
Old 10 May 2015, 14:18 (Ref:3536118)   #7
brands
Veteran

brands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridbrands should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
No surprise a rubbish circuit for racing produces a dull and boring parade.

A generous 2
Old 10 May 2015, 14:32 (Ref:3536125)   #8
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
Oh, well, yeah, um, "three", I guess, um.

Because it's kinda cool to see the cars..erm..going around a bit.
Old 10 May 2015, 15:37 (Ref:3536144)   #9
stripedcat
Veteran

stripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridstripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
A 5. Okay - it wasn't the greatest of races. Yes - unless it rains - Spain is dull. But - it was nice to see Nico win, Lewis' fightback to 2nd and some of Kimi's overtakes were good.
Old 10 May 2015, 17:31 (Ref:3536174)   #10
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Not a good race gave it 4 to be generous
Old 10 May 2015, 17:57 (Ref:3536183)   #11
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I missed over half of the race first time round, so I had to watch the highlights on the BBC and though highlights aren't the best way by which to judge a race, there wasn't anything that held my attention, apart from Alonso and Grosjean overshooting their pit boxes. 2
Old 10 May 2015, 18:27 (Ref:3536194)   #12
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
5..... Poor track
Old 10 May 2015, 20:44 (Ref:3536243)   #13
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
4. Distinctly average on a really dull circuit.
Old 10 May 2015, 21:19 (Ref:3536261)   #14
craig1
Racer

craig1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Jeez I miss F1
Old 11 May 2015, 02:01 (Ref:3536306)   #15
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Never been a fan of the circuit, not much passing, no real battles, interesting pit stops but not much else to speak of.

Old 11 May 2015, 02:27 (Ref:3536308)   #16
Neil22
Veteran

United States
Nor Cal
Neil22 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
5, Wah!
Old 11 May 2015, 04:08 (Ref:3536325)   #17
ECW Dan Selby
Veteran

England
Essex, England
ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!ECW Dan Selby has a real shot at the podium!
That's the thing, I was thinking about this, and it's really not a BAD circuit.

If Tilke designed this now, I think we'd look at go 'y'know what, this looks FAST'.

It just doesn't tend to produce good racing. I would have thought DRS would work great here, but it was too powerful in the end. But either way, it was never going to produce a classic today, was it?

Selby
Old 11 May 2015, 06:09 (Ref:3536338)   #18
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
5. Nothing to see here, move along please.
Old 11 May 2015, 06:17 (Ref:3536343)   #19
Armco Bender
Llama Assassin and Sheep Botherer
Veteran

New Zealand
International Sheep Ambassador
Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!
I lapsed into a coma watching FP3,but watching the onboard footage the track looked like a glorified go kart track,they only hit flat out on the front straight.
DRS is the devils work.
Old 11 May 2015, 16:25 (Ref:3536495)   #20
stripedcat
Veteran

stripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridstripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by ECW Dan Selby View Post
That's the thing, I was thinking about this, and it's really not a BAD circuit.

If Tilke designed this now, I think we'd look at go 'y'know what, this looks FAST'.

It just doesn't tend to produce good racing. I would have thought DRS would work great here, but it was too powerful in the end. But either way, it was never going to produce a classic today, was it?

Selby
I never thought it was that good a circuit. Like a lot of Tilke tracks - there is no flow to it. The only good thing to say about it, is that before the 2007 remake of it, the last corner was an interesting one - really fast and you had to have commitment to take it. That was probably one of the most interesting corners in F1 at the time. It's also still the big problem with that circuit - you can't follow a car into it, so as to get close enough to overtake on the main straight.
Old 11 May 2015, 18:18 (Ref:3536523)   #21
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
a 4 i guess. thats the lowest i have ever given a race and dont want to go lower.
Old 11 May 2015, 19:18 (Ref:3536541)   #22
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
I watched it on Spanish TV and it was still boring, I woke up for the most exciting part when they were interviewing Alonso for a fair bit of time after he retired explaining why he knocked the jack man over !!!!!! 4 from me
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 15 May 2015, 04:24 (Ref:3537579)   #23
fredd1
Racer

fredd1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A yawn. From the get-go.
Old 15 May 2015, 06:19 (Ref:3537599)   #24
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fredd1 View Post
A yawn. From the get-go.

... to the flag.