Home Mobile Forum News Cookbook FaceBook Us T-Shirts etc.: Europe/Worldwide. eBay Motorsport Links Advertising Live Chat  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 26 May 2018, 09:17 (Ref:3824721)   #1216
Mike Bell
Race Official
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the podium!Mike Bell has a real shot at the podium!Mike Bell has a real shot at the podium!Mike Bell has a real shot at the podium!Mike Bell has a real shot at the podium!
Not sure if this photo is too gruesome, or will fail the auto sensors- Our Delta sporting a rather black eye at Charade. (Not my fault pic on side ) Suggestions on how he got it, please....
Attached Thumbnails
B2D963C6-0640-4797-A95C-AFA86B188EFF.jpeg  
Old 26 May 2018, 10:47 (Ref:3824735)   #1217
MartinH
Rookie

Luxembourg
Luxembourg
MartinH should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
Not sure if this photo is too gruesome, or will fail the auto sensors- Our Delta sporting a rather black eye at Charade. (Not my fault pic on side ) Suggestions on how he got it, please....
Poked himself in the eye while trying to take a selfy ??

I'm a bit late to the fuel price debate .... I've no idea how much any fuel prices are here in Luxembourg, but l do know its cheaper than my 3 neighbouring counties, sorry countries !
Also, no point in looking for the cheapest garage, as the price at all outlets is the same .... not all things are bad when living in a communist state !!!

Just checked online & diesel is 1.131 & 95ul is 1.282. Worth remembering if you are going on holiday.

Martin
Old 26 May 2018, 21:02 (Ref:3824827)   #1218
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid has a real shot at the championship!MGDavid has a real shot at the championship!MGDavid has a real shot at the championship!MGDavid has a real shot at the championship!MGDavid has a real shot at the championship!
handlebar!
(have to declare inside knowledge...)
Old 26 May 2018, 22:33 (Ref:3824834)   #1219
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Meanwhile, a little further south in Monaco, Max Verstappen has a moment with delta's bit of armco, albeit he also attacked some a little earlier too.

Clearly a trend setter now so I wonder what we we will see next from his followers?
Old 26 May 2018, 23:05 (Ref:3824838)   #1220
morninggents
Veteran

England
Up north, near York.
morninggents should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by MGDavid View Post
handlebar!
(have to declare inside knowledge...)

No, not a handlebar. More like an 'Alf Garnet'.
Old 27 May 2018, 08:07 (Ref:3824871)   #1221
Gerard C
Veteran

France
Paris area
Gerard C should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mon ami Robert there is at least a very nice picture taken yesterday at Charade from the english HF1 grid entering the first left corner. Many people report how much they have been amazed by the shows given. Only few kilometers of the previous track are used nowadays, but the picture looks familiar to many.
Old 27 May 2018, 08:37 (Ref:3824877)   #1222
bauble
Veteran

England
Bedfordshire almost in Pakistan
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
Mon ami Robert there is at least a very nice picture taken yesterday at Charade from the english HF1 grid entering the first left corner. Many people report how much they have been amazed by the shows given. Only few kilometers of the previous track are used nowadays, but the picture looks familiar to many.
Cher Gerard! What is an HF1 grid? Where might one view the photograph?

Regardez,

Le Bauble.
Old 27 May 2018, 08:51 (Ref:3824879)   #1223
Gerard C
Veteran

France
Paris area
Isnt Historic Formula One correct? Sorry. I'll try to catch an easy link for you remaining very careful because I dont know whether they are free viewing or not. There are not so many Le Bauble sharing freely, you know…
Old 27 May 2018, 08:55 (Ref:3824882)   #1224
Gerard C
Veteran

France
Paris area
You could try this: www.ffsa.org; then click on the golden cartouche called 26 mai VHC or Historic Tour de Charade. If doesn't work, let me know. I guess you're not very much interested in a translation of the comments though… VHC means Véhicules Historiques de Compétition. FFSA is equivalent to your MSA I guess.
Mike, if this is the wrong place, apologies.
Old 27 May 2018, 11:35 (Ref:3824908)   #1225
bauble
Veteran

England
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
You could try this: www.ffsa.org; then click on the golden cartouche called 26 mai VHC or Historic Tour de Charade. If doesn't work, let me know. I guess you're not very much interested in a translation of the comments though… VHC means Véhicules Historiques de Compétition. FFSA is equivalent to your MSA I guess.
Mike, if this is the wrong place, apologies.
Gerard, Mon Ami, pas de joie. Unless the picture includes Maserati, Alfa Romeo, Ferrari (1948/1958) BRM 1951/1958) they are not historic, merely less modern.

La B
Old 27 May 2018, 14:11 (Ref:3824929)   #1226
Gerard C
Veteran

France
Paris area
Are you sure you followed the link?
May be you're right but I dont know anyone here who could remember when the last time he could watch three Maserati's 250 racing the same day. In France, its not a grid, its a miracle…
Old 27 May 2018, 16:05 (Ref:3824961)   #1227
bauble
Veteran

England
Quote:
Are you sure you followed the link?
May be you're right but I dont know anyone here who could remember when the last time he could watch three Maserati's 250 racing the same day. In France, its not a grid, its a miracle…
Found it, nice picture of some proper cars with the engine in right place.

Merci,

Bauble
Old 28 May 2018, 07:12 (Ref:3825150)   #1228
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddelta should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddelta should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Me and Alan had nice evening and Diner in Macon . We are now racing along back to pick up Delta truck from Zolder . Question for someone , I want to go to Anderstorp from Riga and then on to Karlskoga . Trying to look at Alan Morgan’s 2004 map 🙃. Looks like the two tracks are only about 150 miles apart . I’ve not booked any ferry’s back yet so was wondering if anyone fancies working out a route for me . Many thanks Iain
Old 28 May 2018, 08:15 (Ref:3825160)   #1229
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
Me and Alan had nice evening and Diner in Macon . We are now racing along back to pick up Delta truck from Zolder . Question for someone , I want to go to Anderstorp from Riga and then on to Karlskoga . Trying to look at Alan Morgan’s 2004 map ��. Looks like the two tracks are only about 150 miles apart . I’ve not booked any ferry’s back yet so was wondering if anyone fancies working out a route for me . Many thanks Iain

Google says there's a ferry from Ventspils to Sweden - lands a little way south of Stockholm. Then you up around some sort of fjord or islands beforejust missing out on Stockhlm and heading south to Anderstorp.

I can't set the map to truck so have no idea if there are any restrictions but the journey from Riga (centre presumably, not looked for a circuit) suggests about 2.5 hours to the ferry.

12+ hours on the ferry.

Then about 5 hours to Anderstorp (town)

Anderstorp (town) NORTH to Karlskoga (town) is about 290kms which Google estimated about 3.5 hours. I assume that's for a car.

If you are coming straight back from Karlskoga a ferry from Gothenberg might be an option. Otherwise it's a long drive down through Denmark or across into Norway and maybe a ferry from there somewhere. Bergen?
Old 28 May 2018, 08:22 (Ref:3825161)   #1230
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddelta should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddelta should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Thanks GP. Guess I will see how things pan out .