Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Clubmans Rallycross Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Rallying & Rallycross

Old 19 May 2013, 11:57 (Ref:3249773)   #1
AlamakiRX
Racer

AlamakiRX should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
BTRDA 75th Anniversary Rallycross Event - Croft

The DDMC (Darlington and District Motor Club) is bringing grass roots Rallycross back to Croft on Sunday 24th November with an event just for two wheel drive club competitors.

As part of the BTRDA 75th Anniversary celebrations, the event aims to give the competitor, and spectator, close racing, full grids and a quick turn round.

Every competitor will get a chance of a Final and all the races will be run without classes, ensuring that 90% of the races start with a full 8 car grid. This returns rallycross to a format last used for the GP events at Brands Hatch.

Who's going? Who's racing?
Should be a good event.

Check out;
www.clubmansrallycross.weebly.com
www.btrda.com
www.darlington-motor-club.org.uk

For more info
Old 22 May 2013, 19:10 (Ref:3251810)   #2
silver bullet
Race Official
RallyCross Legend and Scourge of Top Gear Presenters
Veteran

United Kingdom
silver bullet should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsilver bullet should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsilver bullet should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlamakiRX View Post
Every competitor will get a chance of a Final and all the races will be run without classes, ensuring that 90% of the races start with a full 8 car grid. This returns rallycross to a format last used for the GP events at Brands Hatch.
I don't like being a pedant but, DDMC used this format when they ran a winter series in the early 2000's

Anyway more importantly you guys out there with the 205's, your cars will be eligible for this one so dust them off and get entered
Old 29 May 2013, 12:04 (Ref:3254967)   #3
AndyS
Veteran

England
N Yorks
AndyS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Surprised there hasn't been more comment on this thread as I know from posts on here that people were very unhappy about the lack of clubman rallycross this year. Surely this is great news for rallycross in the UK and Croft for that matter. Have the track management seen the light and realised that rallycross is one of their biggest draws after the BTCC and HSCC events or have they just found themselves with a spare noisy day?

Anyway entry already looks healthy and I for one shall try to make the effort to get there as I am 50/50 as to whether I can get to the GP for the second year on the trot!
Old 29 May 2013, 12:41 (Ref:3254984)   #4
silver bullet
Race Official
RallyCross Legend and Scourge of Top Gear Presenters
Veteran

United Kingdom
silver bullet should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsilver bullet should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridsilver bullet should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyS View Post
or have they just found themselves with a spare noisy day?
It's actually a quiet day, under 100db IIRC.
Most of the two wheel drive cars have no problem with this. I asked what my car was last time out, and it came in at a very quiet 94db.

I could be wrong but I think the Saturday of the GP weekend used to be a quiet day, hence the minimal running of the buggys on the Saturday.
Old 29 May 2013, 13:54 (Ref:3255004)   #5
TimRTC
Racer

TimRTC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I certainly hope to be there, went to the GP last year and really enjoyed it. Going to be a full wet weather and thermals day I imagine!
Old 30 May 2013, 07:33 (Ref:3255311)   #6
AndyS
Veteran

England
N Yorks
Quote:
Originally Posted by TimRTC View Post
Going to be a full wet weather and thermals day I imagine!
Yeah, that's the only downside. The weather has turned by mid November in this part of the World. Having said that looking out the window I think it may have turned already!
Old 1 Jul 2013, 20:31 (Ref:3272612)   #7
leonidas
Veteran

England
Coventry
leonidas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridleonidas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Is there any more news on this at the moment - or on whether there will be a clubmen's championship in 2014? Thanks.
Old 1 Jul 2013, 20:37 (Ref:3272616)   #8
AlamakiRX
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by leonidas View Post
Is there any more news on this at the moment - or on whether there will be a clubmen's championship in 2014? Thanks.
Lots of news including an entry list so far can be found on;

http://clubmansrallycross.weebly.com...-nov-24th.html

Entry list already on 35 cars which is great 5 months before the event, expected to be around 50-60 cars by November.

Keep an eye on www.clubmansrallycross.weebly.com for more information and also www.BTRDA.com on this event and the planned 2014 season.
Old 1 Jul 2013, 21:11 (Ref:3272627)   #9
Distracted
Racer

United Kingdom
Distracted should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I love Croft. Don't get to visit as often as I should even though it's only about 30 miles from me.

November's usually a busy month for me but I'm going to try to get there for this!
Old 28 Aug 2013, 18:42 (Ref:3295358)   #10
AlamakiRX
Racer

The latest entry list for this event can be found here:

http://clubmansrallycross.weebly.com...ntry-list.html

Currently 49 cars.
Maximum entry is 64
Only 15 spaces remaining, any drivers looking to do the event should enter asap

Great to see Clubman Rallycross so strong, and a great entry with 3 months still to go.

All the signs are great for a good event and 2014.
Old 30 Aug 2013, 08:58 (Ref:3296071)   #11
leonidas
Veteran

England
Coventry
leonidas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridleonidas should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes, entry looks very promising for a November meeting!

I'm guessing the autocrossers will run on the rallycross track?
Old 30 Aug 2013, 23:44 (Ref:3296404)   #12
Spectator
Racer

United Kingdom
East Sussex
Spectator should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Looks like a really good entry list.
Good to see a lot of the 'old' regulars who for one reason or another are missing from current RX are entered.
Am tempted to make the long haul north (so long as there is no drifting or mayhem!!!)
Old 31 Aug 2013, 15:02 (Ref:3296550)   #13
AlamakiRX
Racer

There are NO classes within this event, all cars including Autocross cars will race together with grids formed from times set.

Finals will all be mixed A final right through to a H Final.

First 2 in each final go through to the next one.

The definately will be NO Mayhem, drifting or stunt shows.

Just full grids 8 cars per race, every race, non stop rallycross action from around 9am until it gets dark....

Should be a great event, with a maximum entry of 64 top 2wd cars.
Old 15 Sep 2013, 11:38 (Ref:3304195)   #14
AlamakiRX
Racer

Entry now full

BTRDA 75th Anniversary Rallycross – Croft Circuit – November 24th

Having received a full 64 car entry two months before the event, Darlington & DMC have decided to take a further 8 reserves which, if necessary, would equate to a further grid.

Club Chairman and event Secretary, Terry Wright, commented ‘ I always felt that there was a demand for a true clubmens event aimed specifically at the two wheel drive competitor. The entry filling up so quickly has proved this. All we have to do now is provide a slick event to compliment the competitors faith.’

The event is designed to reflect the early days of Rallycross, something the DDMC is familiar with, with races run classless, a quick turn round and everyone in with a chance of an award. Every competitor will have the opportunity of a Final, something started by the late Bill Chesson, and the class awards will be extracted from the overall results.

Old 15 Sep 2013, 21:31 (Ref:3304429)   #15
flying flynn
Racer

flying flynn should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
looking FORWARD TO THIS ONE, BE GOOD TO SEE MANY OLD BOYS OUT, CONOR OUT IN HIS RALLY CAR, SO INTO MODIFIED, IT WONT BE QUICK ENOUGH BUT IF ITS WET HE WILL GO WELL, NOVEMBER USUALLY IS WET, CATCH UP WITH YOU ALL THERE I HOPE, CHEERS PAT
Old 21 Oct 2013, 11:25 (Ref:3320954)   #16
AlamakiRX
Racer

Only 5 weeks to go

BTRDA 75th Anniversary Rallycross – Croft Circuit – November 24th

Having received a full 64 car entry two months before the event, Darlington & DMC have decided to take a further 8 reserves which, if necessary, would equate to a further grid.

Club Chairman and event Secretary, Terry Wright, commented ‘ I always felt that there was a demand for a true clubmens event aimed specifically at the two wheel drive competitor. The entry filling up so quickly has proved this. All we have to do now is provide a slick event to compliment the competitors faith.’

The event is designed to reflect the early days of Rallycross, something the DDMC is familiar with, with races run classless, a quick turn round and everyone in with a chance of an award. Every competitor will have the opportunity of a Final, something started by the late Bill Chesson, and the class awards will be extracted from the overall results.
Old 21 Oct 2013, 11:28 (Ref:3320958)   #17
AlamakiRX
Racer

Latest Entry list

Latest entry list, 64 cars, 2 reserves entered;

Great to see the likes of Des Wheatley in his Judd powered Rover Metro coming back out in Rallycross. Add him to the likes of Top Rally driver Mark Gamble, Boak, Emery, Dixon, Ewin, McCann, Foster and the racing looks like it will be superb.

No classes, mixed grids, mixed finals, finals for all, good close racing, full grids for every race.
Old 21 Oct 2013, 11:45 (Ref:3320971)   #18
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlamakiRX View Post
Great to see the likes of Des Wheatley in his Judd powered Rover Metro coming back out in Rallycross.
That's a great car - be good to see that more often
Old 21 Oct 2013, 16:31 (Ref:3321135)   #19
AndyS
Veteran

England
N Yorks
Looking forward to this as I couldn't make the GP yesterday so this is my one and only chance to get to a rallycross event this year. Although unlike yesterday its going to be b****y cold. Also good news as it sounds like the BTRDA will be running a full championship in 2014, hopefully if this noise restricted lark works at Croft we may see some more meetings here in the future.
Old 26 Oct 2013, 07:43 (Ref:3323231)   #20
AlamakiRX
Racer

Entry list updated on the clubmans site

Only 4 weeks to go until this event, who's going?
Old 28 Oct 2013, 17:13 (Ref:3324323)   #21
AlamakiRX
Racer

Great News.

Due to popular demand and more drivers than ever wanting to take part in this event the organisers have now increased the maximum entry level to 72 cars.

Should be an awesome event.

Provisional Timetable:
Signing On 7.30
Scrutineering 7.30
Drivers Briefing 9.00
Practice 9.30
Heat 1 will follow
11.30 until 12.30 Lunch Break
Heat 2 will follow
13.45 Finals will follow
Drivers Presentation
Old 30 Oct 2013, 17:32 (Ref:3325208)   #22
Distracted
Racer

United Kingdom
Distracted should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm planning on going. What's the best time to arrive? It's only about 30 miles from me.
Old 30 Oct 2013, 18:48 (Ref:3325228)   #23
AlamakiRX
Racer

Dear Drive, team and spectators,

Join us for a carvery on Saturday evening 23rd November at the Jersey Farm Hotel, Barnard Castle as part of the 75th Anniversary Celebrations.

Mad Mark has set aside a private room near the restaurant and bar for all drivers, supporters, mechanices etc to get together. The large function suite is booked that evening so numbers are limited so early booking is advisable.

Carvery is normal charge of £9.25 for a main course and £4.25 for a dessert. Main Bar is open too as normal. You will just pay for what you would for your food. At the hotel on the evening.

All you have to do is either telephone the hotel 01833 638223 or email: mark@jerseyfarm.co.uk to reserve your places.

Transport Mark has organised a bus to take you to Jersey Farm and back this will set off at 6.30pm on Saturday and return circa 11pm. Cost for this is £5.50 per person seats on the bus must be reserved prior so as to know what size coach etc to confirm.

You can reserve seats up to the 16th of November and will be paid as on the coach in cash.

Total: £19 per head for main course carvery, dessert and return coach to circuit.

If you have transporters or motorhomes and wish to park them at Jersey Farm over night and stay in them this is not a problem.

Accommodation at the Hotel we only have 4 suites available now and these take more than 2 persons if you are interested in staying email your requirements to mark@jerseyfarm.co.uk

We do hope you will join us and come in from the cold and make this a socialable night.

This evening will also see some details announced regarding the 2014 BTRDA Rallycross Championship.
Old 1 Nov 2013, 10:04 (Ref:3325847)   #24
Hawkesfire
Rookie

England
Stockton On tees
Hawkesfire should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Not me engine is still in bits so thats it for the 2013 season now onto my 4th engine rebuild.......
Old 8 Nov 2013, 20:22 (Ref:3329093)   #25
AlamakiRX
Racer

A little over 2 weeks to go until the event.

64 cars entered, current drivers who are joined by loads of new drivers in new cars.

Should be a cracking event.

Plus..... the BTRDA will launch there 2014 BTRDA Championship over this weekend. Firstly at the Anniversary Dinner on 23rd at the Jersey Farm hotel, then at the Croft Circuit on race day.

This will include a draft calender and a full class structure.