Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 27 Jun 2002, 12:19 (Ref:322845)   #1
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Procar 02

What do you think of the Procar Champ Series so far this year?

Have you been following it?

Do you watch it on SBS or Fox??

Which classes are the most interesting/least interesting?

What should they do differently??
Old 27 Jun 2002, 21:57 (Ref:323121)   #2
Buckshot
Veteran

Australia
Cambridge Gardens, NSW, Australia
Buckshot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBuckshot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Get SBS to stick to a standard time for Speedeek telecasts. One week it's on 3:30pm Saturday, the next, 10:30am Sunday, then back to Saturday and now this weekend it's 3pm Sunday up against the V8 telecast (real smart).

I'll say it again - get rid of that scraggy, festy old Ally Drower and replace her with Melinda Price.

Cut down on the driver interviews - all lot of the drivers just seem to be personality vaccuums or rich ***** and we don't need to hear from them.

Bring back Luffy and Pendergast for the commentary.

The category I have enjoyed the most this year has been the brUTES. Great to see Luffy out there destroying the field. The other categories other than Nations Cup can't seem to get a decent field.
Old 28 Jun 2002, 00:07 (Ref:323184)   #3
rpolinski
Racer

Australia
rpolinski should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I love the commentary in the Brutes. The one-eyed Ford supporter versus the one-eyed Holden supporter and the poor old third guy stuck in the middle.
Old 28 Jun 2002, 01:28 (Ref:323211)   #4
White Knight

Got to agree with RPOLINSKI. The Brutes telecasts have been brilliant as too its commentary.

Old 28 Jun 2002, 03:14 (Ref:323269)   #5
Flaggie
Racer

Flaggie should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
They are all great. I'd rather watch 16 cars in GT Performance than 32 Supercars any day.

But Melinda Price as co-host would somewhat rule!
Old 28 Jun 2002, 08:32 (Ref:323381)   #6
DAVID PATERSON
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Qld, Australia
DAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Melinda Price is so much better than Ally Drower, in every way.

I think the Brute commentary is some of the worst I've ever heard, I've heard football commentators that are less boof headed.

GT-Performance is my favourite class.

Speedweek need to find a good timeslot and bloody well stick to it. Sunday afternoon is not ideal.

I can't stand Luffy And Prendy, they shout and waffle and sound rather too gay.
Old 28 Jun 2002, 09:42 (Ref:323413)   #7
Morris 1100
Veteran

Morris 1100 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Roy and HG in the commentary box is the only way to go!
Old 28 Jun 2002, 09:58 (Ref:323419)   #8
StuiE
Veteran

StuiE should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
but hasnt speedweek only been shown on those weird times because of the world cup?

anyway the coverage is good, comentators arnt so great tho, and neither is Drower, and about Melinda Price - Put her in a race car!

"I think we broke something.......Traction" -Carl Edwards 19/8/06 MIS

05 - Peter Brock
Old 28 Jun 2002, 10:23 (Ref:323442)   #9
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
went to winton last week (procar round 4)..... it was a great day of racing. crowd was pretty good. nations cup could do with 4 or 5 more cars, brutes are great (hope they stay with procar), formula 3 was brilliant - what a great catergory!, gt performance is a great class too. recommend people check procar out.....
Old 28 Jun 2002, 12:22 (Ref:323532)   #10
mtpanorama
Veteran

Australia
Bathurst (best racetrack in the world)
mtpanorama should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The whole Procar program is great. You get there at 8.30 in the morning and dont leave until about 5pm and there is racing all day. You even get to see cars overtake each other.. The brutes do put on a good show, but they are starting to get themselves into a bit of trouble. Too many big incidents. Gt performance is great, it is hard to pick a winner in that class these days.
Bring on wakefeild park, 20 layers of clothing should do the trick there in august.

I can please only one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow isn't looking good, either
Old 28 Jun 2002, 12:45 (Ref:323557)   #11
DNQ
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Australia
DNQ should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yeah, I love procar stuff, good alternative to the V8 Supercars. Nations Cup, F3 and V8 BRutes are my favs. The SBS coverage is OK, but the commentators are a bit slack, and yes, a consitent time slot would be far better. I do not understand scheduling racing when V8 Supercars are on at the same time on channel 10....
Old 28 Jun 2002, 13:53 (Ref:323618)   #12
racer69
Veteran

Australia
Sydney, Australia
racer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridracer69 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I haven't seen any of the Speedweek telecasts, i watch it all on Inside Speed on FOX Sports on Thursday Nights, i assume it is the same coverage.

What should they do better?
Will Hagan has been a great addition, and i reckon get him and Denyer to call the lot, Damien White i don't think is that good, and although the Brute/GT-P/F3 commentators are ok, i'd prefer the same for the lot.

As already said, get rid of Drower, she doesn't have a clue, even after all these years. Also maybe show the lot in one telecast, or put a couple of classes in each telecast for a bit of variety.

And please, can they make the telecast so it is not so obviously post produced. Although the commentary will never sound proper, the pictures can make it seem a bit better.

I've found all of them pretty interesting, but to find the most, probably the Brutes. As for the least, and i can't believe i'm about to type this as they are my favourite class, it would have to be Nations Cup.

I don't reckon 3 sprint races suit Nations Cup cars, i think the two longer races, like at Symmons, would suit the cars better, and the sooner the Monaro's and rumoured Nissan Skyline is in there, it'll be awesome.