Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 24 Apr 2001, 02:23 (Ref:84261)   #1
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
so we now have out own forum...yeeeehhhhh

but what do we want to discuss here?

it has been classed as Aussie V8's and other Australasin classes...so do we want to talk about every class in Australia here?

of course we have V8's, Konica V8's, super borers and most other V8 classes but are we going to talk about formula Ford or Formula holden here?
or are we going to leave this exclusivly for the touring car series that are around and leave the openwheelers and other classes for the Junior forum?

come on lets get a bit of discussion going on this one so we can work out what we want posted here or in another forum!!
Old 24 Apr 2001, 02:33 (Ref:84268)   #2
thompson_fan
Racer

thompson_fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
we can also talk about the Aussie F1 GP, and the CART race in QLD
Old 24 Apr 2001, 04:11 (Ref:84285)   #3
Ray Bell
Veteran

Ray Bell should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Formula Holden is the most Australasian of all series, I think... the number of Kiwis who race them, all that...

And it's time to show the world that we don't just have Touring Cars here, surely?
Old 24 Apr 2001, 05:12 (Ref:84304)   #4
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Well we already have the Junior Formula forum, Cart and F1 forums, so I'd topics on that sort of thing should be posted there. Remember this is in the Touring Car forum.

I'd say V8s, STs, FT's, Production Car Racing, Nations Cup, Ute Muster (?) and how about Sports Sedans? I run the National Sports Sedan website, and it would take nothing for me to sign them up here. What do you guys think?
Old 24 Apr 2001, 07:28 (Ref:84327)   #5
DAVID PATERSON
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Qld, Australia
DAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'm with Crash, this Aussie forum is a subdivision of the Touring Car Forum and therefore should be exclusively for Touring Cars. Racing & Sports Cars are already catered for in other forums.
Old 24 Apr 2001, 14:33 (Ref:84453)   #6
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
yep i agree..this is a touring car forum and should stay that way..all talk of f Fords and the like belong in the junior formula forum.

just thought I would ask to see what people feel.

on with the touring stuff then
Old 22 May 2001, 07:26 (Ref:95084)   #7
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
But hey- have a look at the response to the Formula Holden thread. I don't think that would have gotten half the response it did if it were burried in the junior formula section.

So I'll be cool about you guys posting what you like in here.

Carry on then
Old 22 May 2001, 07:47 (Ref:95085)   #8
Ray Bell
Veteran

Ray Bell should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Thought about that one for a while...

I agree, it says 'Australasian series'... maybe it shouldn't be a subdivision of Touring Cars but a totally separate forum?