Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Closed Thread

Old 4 Feb 2010, 20:07 (Ref:2626787)   #676
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Well, one would guess with RML if they are back it could be with Cruze's as the Lacetti's are for sale in Autosport.

Twitter seems to be a minefield at the moment. Although it's the same with a lot on the internet, once it's been published there is no going back. It would be a shame if this puts drivers, teams off twitter as there's a lot of potential there for them.

As for the Turkington to Bamboo rumours, I can't see that happening. I would be a bit apprehensive jumping to such a young team, but you never know.
Old 4 Feb 2010, 20:31 (Ref:2626806)   #677
Hazard
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Hazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by touringlegend View Post
Well, one would guess with RML if they are back it could be with Cruze's as the Lacetti's are for sale in Autosport.

Twitter seems to be a minefield at the moment. Although it's the same with a lot on the internet, once it's been published there is no going back. It would be a shame if this puts drivers, teams off twitter as there's a lot of potential there for them.

As for the Turkington to Bamboo rumours, I can't see that happening. I would be a bit apprehensive jumping to such a young team, but you never know.
You'd think they'd have spare Cruze's

At the very least, they may even be able to secure a bit of GM backing/support for their BTCC programme now that Vauxhall are gone - also, plugging the Lacetti's nearly pointless now it's so near the end of the line.

Aren't even Top Gear phasing it out!
Old 4 Feb 2010, 20:55 (Ref:2626823)   #678
davyboy
Veteran

davyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
This week's Autosport Mag mentions that Rob Collard's on the verge of signing with Motorbase after having had discussions with WSR.
Old 4 Feb 2010, 21:31 (Ref:2626842)   #679
PDS
Veteran

England
Medway Towns
PDS should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by davyboy View Post
This week's Autosport Mag mentions that Rob Collard's on the verge of signing with Motorbase after having had discussions with WSR.
I love that statement davyboy!!!

Nothing technically wrong with it, totally true, it's just my sense of humour...

Collard's on the verge of signing with Motorbase after having had discussions with WSR.

WHAT did WSR say to Collard for him now to be on verge of signing for Motorbase?????
Old 4 Feb 2010, 22:08 (Ref:2626869)   #680
touringlegend
Race Official
Veteran

Panama
touringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtouringlegend should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by PDS View Post
I love that statement davyboy!!!

Nothing technically wrong with it, totally true, it's just my sense of humour...

Collard's on the verge of signing with Motorbase after having had discussions with WSR.

WHAT did WSR say to Collard for him now to be on verge of signing for Motorbase?????
Two words, 3 f's ?
Old 6 Feb 2010, 17:27 (Ref:2627948)   #681
mickeyc
Rookie

mickeyc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just had a couple of messages from Neil Hudson (writer on toruingcartimes) on Twitter, in his words:

"Big #BTCC news soon. Changes the championship dramatically."

News could come today or the next couple of days, when I asked whether it was good or bad news:

"supposed it depends on your point of view, but for most I reckon it'll be good."

Pretty ambiguous I know but thought it might make life a little more exciting.

ps. also a good interview with Steve Neal on btccpages, again telling us everything whilst saying nothing!
Old 6 Feb 2010, 17:59 (Ref:2627961)   #682
trebor901
Racer

trebor901 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Volvo with TD? or maybe TD pulling out which would be sad, there are so many possibilties to this, i guess it will be Monday before we find out
Old 6 Feb 2010, 18:29 (Ref:2627970)   #683
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeyc View Post
Just had a couple of messages from Neil Hudson (writer on toruingcartimes) on Twitter, in his words:

"Big #BTCC news soon. Changes the championship dramatically."

News could come today or the next couple of days, when I asked whether it was good or bad news:

"supposed it depends on your point of view, but for most I reckon it'll be good."
Changes championship dramatically, good/bad depends on you pov. Hmmm, let me think. Punting off other cars will be punished from now on?
Old 6 Feb 2010, 18:34 (Ref:2627973)   #684
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
24 hours at Silverstone will become a championship round?

Obviously just kidding here, but I really envy the Aussies for their enduros, every touring car series should have one or two of those.
Old 6 Feb 2010, 18:38 (Ref:2627974)   #685
mickeyc
Rookie

Glad to see that has injected some much needed fun into this thread, although I have just had a worrying thought.

If nothing comes of what Neil said, I'm gonna look a right plank aren't I
Old 6 Feb 2010, 18:38 (Ref:2627976)   #686
Jamesy-18
Veteran

United Kingdom
Derbyshire
Jamesy-18 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Looking forward to hearing what it could be, but I'm not confident if it'll be anything big coming from TcT!
Old 6 Feb 2010, 18:39 (Ref:2627977)   #687
davyboy
Veteran

davyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famedavyboy will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Maybe its a move to the WTCC/WRC 1.6 litre turbo motor ?
Old 6 Feb 2010, 18:51 (Ref:2627982)   #688
redshoes
Veteran

redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!redshoes is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeyc View Post
If nothing comes of what Neil said, I'm gonna look a right plank aren't I
You or Neil, one of the two
Old 6 Feb 2010, 18:53 (Ref:2627983)   #689
mickeyc
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by redshoes View Post
You or Neil, one of the two
Thanks Redshoes (I think)
Old 6 Feb 2010, 19:12 (Ref:2627992)   #690
duke_toaster
Veteran

European Union
Englandland
duke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridduke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
It's probably not 1600cc engines bearing in mind NGTC coming in.
Old 6 Feb 2010, 19:21 (Ref:2627997)   #691
trebor901
Racer

plus no 1600cc turbo road cars will meet the length regs etc for NGTC so i cant see it being that either
Old 6 Feb 2010, 19:22 (Ref:2627999)   #692
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by duke_toaster View Post
It's probably not 1600cc engines bearing in mind NGTC coming in.
Agree but for example RML Chevrolet factory team entering BTCC isn't changing the series dramatically.

Different race format?

I am afraid this news will be a disappointment.

Last edited by FIRE; 6 Feb 2010 at 19:37.
Old 6 Feb 2010, 19:22 (Ref:2628000)   #693
Hazard
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Hazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridHazard should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE View Post
Changes championship dramatically, good/bad depends on you pov. Hmmm, let me think. Punting off other cars will be punished from now on?
There's no good to that perspective at all now is there! Touring Cars without contact is like F1 with overtaking
Old 6 Feb 2010, 19:23 (Ref:2628001)   #694
duke_toaster
Veteran

European Union
Englandland
duke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridduke_toaster should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I think it may well be a race format change - sprint and feature?
Old 6 Feb 2010, 19:36 (Ref:2628007)   #695
stedevil
Veteran

Sweden
stedevil has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazard View Post
There's no good to that perspective at all now is there! Touring Cars without contact is like F1 with overtaking
"No contact" and "punished for putting others off track" is not exactly equivalent...
Old 6 Feb 2010, 19:41 (Ref:2628012)   #696
trebor901
Racer

it better not be back to 2 races cos that will suck, because you can bet your life it will be 2 shorter races to cut costs

maybe return of pitstops? one lap shootout for qualifying?

like i said earlier its absolutely endless as to the possibilities
Old 6 Feb 2010, 19:49 (Ref:2628017)   #697
Jamesy-18
Veteran

United Kingdom
Derbyshire
Jamesy-18 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor901 View Post
it better not be back to 2 races cos that will suck, because you can bet your life it will be 2 shorter races to cut costs

maybe return of pitstops? one lap shootout for qualifying?

like i said earlier its absolutely endless as to the possibilities
Why would it be when ITV4 recently announced they'd be expanding from 6 hours of live coverage to 6 and a half? Surely Mr Gow would have told ITV the changes (if there were any) before they'd come to that deal?
Old 6 Feb 2010, 20:12 (Ref:2628027)   #698
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
Maybe increase to 4 races
Old 6 Feb 2010, 20:53 (Ref:2628050)   #699
trebor901
Racer

4 races would be cool but would make the series look desperate for coverage
Old 6 Feb 2010, 20:56 (Ref:2628054)   #700
Hazard
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by trebor901 View Post
4 races would be cool but would make the series look desperate for coverage
I think it'd be over the top. I think the BTCC's three race a day package is the perfect balance, especially amidst it's previous support packages.
Closed Thread