Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 21 Jun 2018, 01:41 (Ref:3832238)   #1
FAS33
Veteran

Australia
1st - 6th gear
FAS33 User had had their licence endorsedFAS33 User had had their licence endorsed
Renault sign the Honey Badger

Cmon Mclaren you can do better then that.

My Man Dan is the F1 Market King.

to stay or to go for F1’s best driver.

decisions......decisions.
Old 21 Jun 2018, 06:53 (Ref:3832264)   #2
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Why not Ferrari?
Old 21 Jun 2018, 08:00 (Ref:3832274)   #3
F1Guy
Veteran

Antarctica
Driving dangerously
F1Guy User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Ferrari? Nope.

Mercedes? Nope.

McLaren? Unlikely.

Renault? Possible, but unlikely.

So what other choice does Ricciardo have other than the above?

Only one, Red Bull.

Yep, I cannot realistically see DR with any other team other than Red Bull in 2019. I think he waited too long to make a definitive decision. The rumoured pre-contract with Ferrari runs out in a few days. And as part of that apparent contract, he was to not talk to any other team. So I doubt he is on either of the top two teams radar now. DR will once again be playing second fiddle to Verstappen in 2019, because RB have openly admitted that they'll do whatever it takes for MV to be the youngest WDC.

But I could be wrong. It has happened in the past.

Old 21 Jun 2018, 08:00 (Ref:3832275)   #4
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Houston Texans....
Old 21 Jun 2018, 08:07 (Ref:3832278)   #5
F1Guy
Veteran

Antarctica
Driving dangerously
Oh... and I hope and pray DR doesn't end up driving for Ferrari. Ever!

A waste of a good, talented and much liked driver, who's name will probably be tarnished just as most others who have driven for them in the past.

Old 21 Jun 2018, 08:08 (Ref:3832279)   #6
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
How interesting...
Old 21 Jun 2018, 08:13 (Ref:3832282)   #7
F1Guy
Veteran

Antarctica
Driving dangerously
McLaren have apparently made an offer to Ricciardo. But I doubt he will take that risk.

Ricciardo the new Alonso?

Old 21 Jun 2018, 08:17 (Ref:3832284)   #8
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Ricciardo is not that dumb.
Even I see Lando Norris' debut in the team before that.
Old 21 Jun 2018, 09:50 (Ref:3832295)   #9
snailpace85
Rookie

United Kingdom
Midlands
snailpace85 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
He's between a rock and a hard place. Red Bull not a great option with Max there? Lewis probably staying at Mercedes for a little longer. Vettel at Ferrari. Hmm. He could always just go for the money! McLaren probably place a lot of value on his Honey Badger mentality to replace Alonso who must surely be off to Indycars now. I reckon McLaren might just be his best option but he'll need serious assurance that they've got a plan.....
Old 21 Jun 2018, 11:09 (Ref:3832303)   #10
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by F1Guy View Post
McLaren have apparently made an offer to Ricciardo. But I doubt he will take that risk.

Ricciardo the new Alonso?

Pretty much, $20M per year!

https://www.planetf1.com/news/mclare...r-deal-report/
Old 21 Jun 2018, 13:44 (Ref:3832328)   #11
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I think it's about time we had a shake up in driver line up with the top teams. Ricciardo will be the one key to that, let's see how the rest of his season goes till then
Old 22 Jun 2018, 00:42 (Ref:3832426)   #12
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
Unless, Hambo retires (might be likelier possibility than people think) or Merc decides to oust the competent Bottas, the aussie with the rictus grin and bad podium hygiene will be at RBR for the foreseeable. I don't know why people are saying that he'd go to Mclaren.
Old 22 Jun 2018, 02:32 (Ref:3832430)   #13
dsg
Veteran

Thailand
Chonburi
dsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Paradise City View Post
I don't know why people are saying that he'd go to Mclaren.
Can't blame McLaren for trying. Looks like they are losing Alonso and want a popular (decent) driver to attract sponsors and publicity.
Old 22 Jun 2018, 04:32 (Ref:3832432)   #14
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
They haven’t got any sponsors now with a double WDC!
Old 22 Jun 2018, 04:50 (Ref:3832433)   #15
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by peebee2 View Post
They haven’t got any sponsors now with a double WDC!
They have Kimoa, the surfwear company!
Oh wait, that is Alonso's own business, so a freebie......
Old 22 Jun 2018, 06:27 (Ref:3832437)   #16
gouldo
Rookie

gouldo should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
Houston Texans....
1 year, 7 mill. Hope he can drive....

But I see what you did there...
Old 22 Jun 2018, 07:36 (Ref:3832444)   #17
F1Guy
Veteran

Antarctica
Driving dangerously
DR has commented on the McLaren and Renault rumours.

Daniel Ricciardo: "If you’re saying those two teams, they are not quite in that position yet. But could they be? Maybe. The thought of that, it has some appeal. I wouldn’t say it’s top of my list now. But I wouldn’t dismiss it also. I’ve said with Red Bull, I’m also careful not to, just from a personal point of view, burn and bridges because you never know where the sport will take you.

"If I do move on from Red Bull, I never want to criticise them. I’ve had it pretty good there and it’s been really fun. McLaren and Renault aren’t there today but maybe they will be there in a year or three years time. You never know."

Old 22 Jun 2018, 07:42 (Ref:3832445)   #18
Armco Bender
Llama Assassin and Sheep Botherer
Veteran

New Zealand
International Sheep Ambassador
Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!
He's past his use by date off to V8 Super Cars...
Old 22 Jun 2018, 07:48 (Ref:3832447)   #19
FAS33
Veteran

Australia
1st - 6th gear
FAS33 User had had their licence endorsedFAS33 User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armco Bender View Post
Agreed. Brandon Hartley hasn’t done anything in F1.
Old 22 Jun 2018, 09:49 (Ref:3832461)   #20
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
It doesn't look like he will be going to Ferrari, if this article is to be believed.

http://classic.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/136898
Old 22 Jun 2018, 11:12 (Ref:3832477)   #21
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
Houston Texans....
I thought the same thing!
Old 22 Jun 2018, 11:50 (Ref:3832487)   #22
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
So Ferrari finally ready to take a punt on a young driver? It certainly could increase the battle up front to have Leclerc instead of Raikkonen
Old 22 Jun 2018, 14:24 (Ref:3832506)   #23
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
It's the choice I'd make......
Old 24 Jun 2018, 16:57 (Ref:3832888)   #24
Dixon9
Rookie

Dixon9 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridDixon9 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armco Bender View Post
He might die from the shock of racing in an interesting series with relatively even cars and passing
Old 27 Jun 2018, 05:36 (Ref:3833278)   #25
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
V8SC are as interesting is Super TC2000 (or what TRV6 tried to be), and with that...
Problem there isn't enough PR to be that clear on it.

Back to DR, it seems... Why not Force India for him?
Swapping his place with Ocon.