Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 29 Nov 2010, 20:15 (Ref:2797329)   #1
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
ILMC 2011 entries

Any of you people have a list of who wants to do the ILMC please ?

P1
Audi x 2
Pug x 2
Pescarolo x 1 Pescarolo
Oreca x 1 Peg
OAK x 1 Pescarolo

P2
Oak x 1 Pescarolo

Thats about all I know that are definate .

Are there any US teams considering the championship . Be great to see Dyson doing it .

Any Asian teams planning an assault .

Post your info here please .
Old 29 Nov 2010, 20:25 (Ref:2797331)   #2
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
My guess is that Drayson does ILMC instead of a series. Dyson won't. Maybe Jaguar. That's it.
Old 29 Nov 2010, 20:31 (Ref:2797335)   #3
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I think you can add Aston in P1 in some shape or form for 2011.
Old 29 Nov 2010, 20:36 (Ref:2797337)   #4
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Aston Martin all being well. Maybe just one car? Although very little info is coming out from them.

I don't think Henri has the ILMC in mind for his first year. He said recently the LMS was more realistic. But if he can grab a few more sponsors anything is possible.

Not a lot of confirmed prototype interest at the moment.
Old 29 Nov 2010, 21:36 (Ref:2797353)   #5
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!Fogelhund has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
Not a lot of confirmed prototype interest at the moment.

You could say that right across all three series for now, at least in the LMP1 category.
Old 29 Nov 2010, 22:24 (Ref:2797377)   #6
I Rosputnik
Veteran

United Kingdom
Livingston, Scotland
I Rosputnik should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridI Rosputnik should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Any team entering with a Matech Ford LMGT?
Old 29 Nov 2010, 22:50 (Ref:2797392)   #7
theracegypsy
Veteran

theracegypsy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Badger View Post

Are there any US teams considering the championship . Be great to see Dyson doing it .

Post your info here please .
Few ALMS teams will want to, the schedule does not blend well with ILMC, and it's going to be bad enough for me marshalling some of them, let alone the logistics of teams getting cars and staff back and forth across the pond.
Old 29 Nov 2010, 23:04 (Ref:2797395)   #8
LeMans.pt
Veteran

Portugal
London, UK
LeMans.pt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:

P1
Audi x 2
Pug x 2
Pescarolo x 1 Pescarolo
Oreca x 1 Peg
OAK x 1 Pescarolo

P2
Oak x 1 Pescarolo
- Pescarolo is not certain!
- OAK is between 1-2 cars
- Aston Martin will do some races (Sebring, Spa, Le Mans most probably) but is not definitive.
- Hope PoleVision announced full ILMC with their Oreca Lehmann Hybrid
- Dyson Racing will also do ILMC most probably, and is between 1-2 cars
Old 29 Nov 2010, 23:21 (Ref:2797399)   #9
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I can't see Rebellion going down the Toyota route if they didn't have ambitions grander than the LMS title.

Pescarolo said 2011 could be the last year for the LMS, not sure if that will have a bearing on any teams plans.
Old 30 Nov 2010, 00:54 (Ref:2797423)   #10
LeMans.pt
Veteran

Portugal
London, UK
LeMans.pt should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAG View Post
I can't see Rebellion going down the Toyota route if they didn't have ambitions grander than the LMS title.
They have said in 2010 that the ILMC was a strong possibility but they haven't said nothing yet. They were at Portimão testing with Dunlop, and as far as i could see, the Toyota connection is not that innocent as they want to people think!

Quote:
Pescarolo said 2011 could be the last year for the LMS, not sure if that will have a bearing on any teams plans.
Pescarolo may think that he can get the money for a world wide tour with the ILMC but most of the current LMS teams don't. If the LMS ended, 90% of the current engaged teams would also disappear or move to other series.
Old 30 Nov 2010, 01:16 (Ref:2797428)   #11
rich07
Veteran

Australia
Victoria
rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!rich07 has a real shot at the podium!
GT
Larbre Corvette-definitely as they have announced it.
Ferrari ? (AF Corse?-at least 1)
Porsche? (Felbermayer?)
Old 30 Nov 2010, 01:26 (Ref:2797433)   #12
Fogelhund
Veteran

Canada
Binbrook, ON Canada
Quote:
Originally Posted by LeMans.pt View Post
- Dyson Racing will also do ILMC most probably, and is between 1-2 cars

Where did you get this idea?
Old 30 Nov 2010, 01:49 (Ref:2797438)   #13
Asa
Veteran

Hong Kong
Disneyland
Asa should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Lotus should be entering the China race in Nov with their new LMP2 car, according to their own announcements.
Old 30 Nov 2010, 01:55 (Ref:2797440)   #14
The Badger
Veteran

The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!The Badger has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Pescarolo may think that he can get the money for a world wide tour with the ILMC but most of the current LMS teams don't. .
I get the impression that sponsorship wont be too hard for Henri ..... I think a lot of people got a surprise when he almost went belly up , and so far its looking good for a team for 2011 .
Old 30 Nov 2010, 02:01 (Ref:2797442)   #15
The Badger
Veteran

Quote:
P1
Audi x 2
Pug x 2
Oreca x 1 Pug
OAK x 1 Pescarolo

P2
Oak x 1 Pescarolo
Mariantic are suggesting :

P1
AMR
Drayson Lola B09/60
Sbarta Oreca/Nismo

P2
Level 5 Lola
Libra Racing Radical SR9

Question : Is the WFR-01 eligable for 2011 . It didnt race in 2010 , so Im not sure if it recieves grandfather rights ?
Old 30 Nov 2010, 06:23 (Ref:2797491)   #16
Victor_RO
Veteran

Romania
Cluj-Napoca, Romania
Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!Victor_RO is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Question : Is the WFR-01 eligable for 2011 . It didnt race in 2010 , so Im not sure if it recieves grandfather rights ?
It doesn't, unfortunately, so it's not eligible for 2011.
Old 30 Nov 2010, 16:57 (Ref:2797718)   #17
The Badger
Veteran

Quote:
I get the impression that sponsorship wont be too hard for Henri ..... I think a lot of people got a surprise when he almost went belly up , and so far its looking good for a team for 2011 .
MOTUL just joined Pescarolo .
Old 30 Nov 2010, 16:57 (Ref:2797720)   #18
JAG
Veteran

England
JAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridJAG should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Pescarolo may think that he can get the money for a world wide tour with the ILMC but most of the current LMS teams don't. If the LMS ended, 90% of the current engaged teams would also disappear or move to other series.
As it stands they'd need to find sponsorship for three fly away races if they do a full season but on the flip side would be guaranteed a Le Mans entry and be competing in events with potentially significantly more media exposure than the average standalone LMS race.
Old 30 Nov 2010, 16:59 (Ref:2797724)   #19
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
As it stands they'd need to find sponsorship for three fly away races if they do a full season but on the flip side would be guaranteed a Le Mans entry and be competing in events with potentially significantly more media exposure than the average standalone LMS race.
I think simply being Henri Pescarolo implies a guaranteed LM entry...
Old 30 Nov 2010, 17:16 (Ref:2797736)   #20
courageous
Veteran

United Kingdom
Chatham, Kent
courageous should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcourageous should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
That is an interesting problem with including le mans itself in the championship...

I want to race at Le Mans - I get 2 other gentlemen to join in & rent a cannibalised rubbish prototype then lodge an ILMC entry... Do the ACO risk a small AsLMS (and Imola IMO) grid for the sake of giving a more deserving LMS but non ILMC entry a run in the 24?
Old 30 Nov 2010, 17:57 (Ref:2797753)   #21
jc_nl
Racer

Netherlands
Dedemsvaart
jc_nl should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by courageous View Post
That is an interesting problem with including le mans itself in the championship...

I want to race at Le Mans - I get 2 other gentlemen to join in & rent a cannibalised rubbish prototype then lodge an ILMC entry... Do the ACO risk a small AsLMS (and Imola IMO) grid for the sake of giving a more deserving LMS but non ILMC entry a run in the 24?
This makes me wonder, is entering the ILMC as simple as filling out the form and paying the fee, or is there the famous French "blackbox" one has to go through to get an entry?
Old 30 Nov 2010, 18:03 (Ref:2797754)   #22
Speed-King
Veteran

Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!Speed-King has a real shot at the podium!
You have to compete in all events if you sign up for it... that should weed out many of the lesser-funded teams.
Old 30 Nov 2010, 18:42 (Ref:2797774)   #23
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed-King View Post
You have to compete in all events if you sign up for it... that should weed out many of the lesser-funded teams.
I wonder what the penalty would be for entering the pre-LeMans events plus the 24 then dropping out.
Old 30 Nov 2010, 20:01 (Ref:2797806)   #24
Speed-King
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
I wonder what the penalty would be for entering the pre-LeMans events plus the 24 then dropping out.
Nevereverever getting a Le Mans entry again for once, I'd supposse...
Old 30 Nov 2010, 20:22 (Ref:2797819)   #25
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Speed-King View Post
Nevereverever getting a Le Mans entry again for once, I'd supposse...
I considered that, but if it were just a couple of rich guys who wanted to say they did it, I'd say that is a good way to go!