Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Clubmans Rallycross Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Rallying & Rallycross

Old 22 Oct 2018, 10:03 (Ref:3858378)   #101
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by crossfades View Post
According to local newspaper VF, Höljes is in the closing stages of finalising a deal.
Fingers crossed: I am yet to go there and would like to make it before any potential move elsewhere!

Given that the introduction of electric was delayed to allow more manufacturers time to get involved, I wonder if the decision of Peugeot is indicative that no more manufacturers have - or look likely to - sign on the dotted line, thus meaning that the introduction of electric is going to slip back again until such time when they can get enough manufacturers committed?

Guess we'll know soon enough if any further press releases follow about electric rallycross.
Old 22 Oct 2018, 11:06 (Ref:3858387)   #102
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
The way I see it, if WRX said deffo electric in 2019, Peugeot would still be here.

But the others maybe not. Why peugeot are so keen on spending millions developing a car for a minor series like WRX I dont know.

Coz whatever you say its a minor series, it is not WRC, WEC, CART, F1, NASCAR, they are worldwide big series.

The others all pulled out for other reasons, and VW seem happy to hang around, although I would personally not mind of they disappeared aswell, maybe might make IMG rethink their strategy on WRX a bit, but I doubt it!!
Old 22 Oct 2018, 11:49 (Ref:3858398)   #103
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
tbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridtbtstt should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunder View Post
The way I see it, if WRX said deffo electric in 2019, Peugeot would still be here.

But the others maybe not. Why peugeot are so keen on spending millions developing a car for a minor series like WRX I dont know.
From what has been said in the Peugeot press release(s) it seems they are pushing electric across their car range: World Rallycross could potentially allows a direct connection between an electric showroom model and something out on a track.

WEC, CART, F1 and NASCAR definitely can't offer that. WRC potentially could but, for now at least, that is electric free.

Quote:
The others all pulled out for other reasons, and VW seem happy to hang around, although I would personally not mind of they disappeared aswell
It certainly might help the racing. In terms of speed I personally don't think the gap between the PSRXVW, Peugeot-Total and EKS cars is that great this year: it's reliability and consistency that have kept the Polo out front.

With continued works support the PSRXVW Polo will surely improve again in the off season, where as Hansen and EKS may struggle to match the same pace. If VW did throttle back with the support they are providing it might make a difference next year.
Old 22 Oct 2018, 16:09 (Ref:3858449)   #104
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
It depends on the actual type of thing Peugeot wanted.

Teams doing FE say they are using it to develop engineers etc, I think that is a facade, it is just cheaper and looks better to the boardroom.

Peugeot might want to go electric, but the car would bear no relation to anything you could buy, just like WRC car doesn't. But if it was electric at least you have that, rather than simply a bodykit, which is all you have now, so I can understand their decision totally.

I only hope it shakes up IMG to do something, but I doubt it
Old 22 Oct 2018, 16:50 (Ref:3858453)   #105
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
Quote:
Peugeot might want to go electric, but the car would bear no relation to anything you could buy, just like WRC car doesn't. But if it was electric at least you have that, rather than simply a bodykit, which is all you have now, so I can understand their decision totally.
Oh yeah, the connection would be tenuous at best (especially as it looks like the electric rallycross cars will be based on a generic chassis), but you would at least have the silhouette of a car on track that looks like the one in the showroom.
Old 23 Oct 2018, 07:56 (Ref:3858561)   #106
SnoodyMcFlude
Veteran

United Kingdom
SnoodyMcFlude should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSnoodyMcFlude should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by tbtstt View Post
It certainly might help the racing. In terms of speed I personally don't think the gap between the PSRXVW, Peugeot-Total and EKS cars is that great this year: it's reliability and consistency that have kept the Polo out front.

And tactics, EKS had a win in the bag at Loheac but for reasons best known to themselves didn’t joker at the obvious time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 23 Oct 2018, 08:02 (Ref:3858562)   #107
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoodyMcFlude View Post
And tactics, EKS had a win in the bag at Loheac but for reasons best known to themselves didn’t joker at the obvious time.
Yeah, I should have included that as well: I personally think that EKS gave away wins in Portugal and Loheac with poor joker lap tactics.

Given what happened in Portugal I was very surprised that they seemed to make the same mistake in Loheac.
Old 24 Oct 2018, 17:02 (Ref:3858913)   #108
crossfades
Veteran

Sweden
crossfades should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Bruno Farmin, head of Peugeot Sport, addressed Peugeots withdrawal on a live video on Facebook citing the reasons (the automotive industry and environmental) for the withdrawal.

He says that Peugeot Sport will keep serving racing cars and that they will keep organising customers racing programmes, mentioning a further upgrade of the R2 car and the recently launched TCR car.

https://www.facebook.com/peugeot.spo...bOzOIg&__xts__[0]=68.ARB0KhUnNQMq36oxIMyhEL9Sjc4gwBqKHGxWTUW9e-S9ESfE9qj8z0GYXaLAu2fhGqMSE-wPV76KQS0DKKWUSA1k8G_pUCiVJYE9ad63Nn2GdMID1t61JevsuzRWHcPWeSXe3EpB96Zde9tYWJnwEzXhPDSOG_VfGJFMyBKmwk XpP3qu6nsgQUtUNxi5vFUfVwwnwhdwJgb8ATf92CLl3Bu_1meW5mjLjzYy8TV696xq-MxA0-ItuNXVW3QlZXVpoCC0VA&__tn__=FC-R
Old 25 Oct 2018, 08:37 (Ref:3859051)   #109
crossfades
Veteran

Sweden
Höljes announced this morning that they have signed a five-year deal with IMG and WRX.

https://www.facebook.com/holjes.rx/p...type=3&theater
Old 25 Oct 2018, 08:53 (Ref:3859053)   #110
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
No Olsbergs MSE team in WRX for 2019 either - withdrawing "to prepare for the electric era".

Who actually will be running? VW and Chicerit?
Old 25 Oct 2018, 08:53 (Ref:3859054)   #111
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
Quote:
Höljes announced this morning that they have signed a five-year deal with IMG and WRX.

https://www.facebook.com/holjes.rx/p...type=3&theater
Excellent news!

Just seen that OMSE have confirmed they won't be in World RX in 2019.

EDIT: Barcelona confirmed to return as well.

Last edited by tbtstt; 25 Oct 2018 at 09:08.
Old 25 Oct 2018, 09:44 (Ref:3859065)   #112
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
Lol, not looking good is it.

IMG have all these venues but hardly a series left to run at them, it's hilarious, sorry to be cruel, but you have to laugh.
Old 25 Oct 2018, 11:37 (Ref:3859078)   #113
crossfades
Veteran

Sweden
As of right now VW, GCK and one or two Skodas from ES Motorsport are the ones "confirmed" or that have at least said that they will be there. Scheider had some exciting plans according to him in June, tagging BMW Motorsport on social media posts, but it has been quite since then.

Given the fact that many go complete 180 and/or withdraws, I'm not sure about anything in WRX.

Audi, showed interest for electric cars: went for DTM and Formula E instead.
Peugeot, "big plans" for next year and committed to electric cars: their uncertainty about electric cars leaves them out.
Ford, apparently a five-year plan from the start: a lack of direction and clearance according to them makes them withdraw.

DA Racing, Albatec, MJP, Marklund Motorsport, JRM, Münnich Motorsport and Gigi Gallis Kia project are some teams that either opted for other championships, stopped their full WRX commitment or stopped entirely.
Old 25 Oct 2018, 13:31 (Ref:3859103)   #114
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
2019 World RX Calendar:

WRX R1. Abu Dhabi – Yas Marina – 5/6 April
WRX R2. Spain – Barcelona – 27/28 April
WRX R3. Belgium – Spa-Francorchamps – 11/12 May
WRX R4. Great Britain – Silverstone – 25/26 May
WRX R5. Norway – Hell – 15/16 June
WRX R6. Sweden – Höljes – 6/7 July
WRX R7. Canada – Trois-Rivières – 3/4 August
WRX R8. France – Lohéac – 31 August/1 September
WRX R9. Latvia – Riga – 14/15 September
WRX R10. USA – Austin – 28/29 September
WRX R11. South Africa – Cape Town – 30 November/1 December

2019 Euro RX Supercar Calendar:

ERX R1. Great Britain – Silverstone – 25/26 May (WRX R4)
ERX R2. Norway – Hell – 15/16 June (WRX R5)
ERX R3. Sweden – Höljes – 6/7 July (WRX R6)
ERX R4. Germany – Buxtehude – 17/18 August
ERX R5. France – Lohéac – 31 August/1 September (WRX R8)
ERX R6. Latvia – Riga – 14/15 September (WRX R9)

2019 Euro RX Super1600 Calendar:

S1600 R1. Spain – Barcelona – 27/28 April (WRX R2)
S1600 R2. Belgium – Spa-Francorchamps – 11/12 May (WRX R3)
S1600 R3. Sweden – Höljes – 6/7 July (WRX R6)
S1600 R4. Germany – Buxtehude – 17/18 August
S1600 R5. France – Lohéac – 31 August/1 September (WRX R8)
S1600 R6. Latvia – Riga – 14/15 September (WRX R9)

So the first standalone European round has happened.

Last edited by tbtstt; 25 Oct 2018 at 13:40.
Old 25 Oct 2018, 13:58 (Ref:3859108)   #115
W2Motorsport
Racer

United States
Pennsylvania, USA
W2Motorsport should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
What is the purpose of removing Estering from the WRX schedule? It's great that ERX will have a standalone round, but couldn't it have been done at Lydden, Mettet, or one of the other countless great RX tracks left in the wake of WRX? I really enjoyed Estering, it has provided great racing nearly every year. The loss of Montalegre is big as well, somehow I don't expect that Abu Dhabi is going to end up being better racing.
Old 25 Oct 2018, 14:07 (Ref:3859111)   #116
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
Quote:
Originally Posted by W2Motorsport View Post
What is the purpose of removing Estering from the WRX schedule? It's great that ERX will have a standalone round, but couldn't it have been done at Lydden, Mettet, or one of the other countless great RX tracks left in the wake of WRX?
Not sure on the reasoning behind the selection. I am hopeful this is a sign of things to come though: if the European Championship starts to get standalone rounds at "proper" circuits then, by the time electric comes along, hopefully most of the European rounds will be established.

World electric cars will go to the F1 tracks and the odd original circuit (like Holjes), petrol (i.e. European Championship) cars all run at original rallycross circuits.
Old 25 Oct 2018, 15:03 (Ref:3859117)   #117
crossfades
Veteran

Sweden
Lydden will probably host GRC Europe though so hosting ERX wouldn't make sense anyway.

"A tremendous amount of hard work has gone on behind-the-scenes to put together what we believe is a perfect blend of rallycross tradition and exciting new venues to truly challenge competitors and thrill fans.", Bellamy.

I actually find this quite funny.

http://www.fiaworldrallycross.com/ar...lendar-reveals
Old 25 Oct 2018, 15:12 (Ref:3859119)   #118
SnoodyMcFlude
Veteran

United Kingdom
SnoodyMcFlude should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridSnoodyMcFlude should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Dropped yet another decent track. The way that they’re shitting on the existing fans is remarkable. Haven’t see the FB comments on this news but suspect it’s
more upset people talking about the death of rallycross. I’m starting to believe them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 25 Oct 2018, 15:24 (Ref:3859123)   #119
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
To be honest if you followed the sport as long as some, you know this was coming after the first year, let alone now.
Old 25 Oct 2018, 15:47 (Ref:3859132)   #120
NaBUru38
Veteran

Uruguay
Las Canteras, Uruguay
NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!NaBUru38 is going for a new world record!
That's five F1 racetracks out of 11. What's next, Paul Ricard?
Old 25 Oct 2018, 16:05 (Ref:3859133)   #121
Cinghio44
Veteran

Italy
Abruzzo
Cinghio44 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by SnoodyMcFlude View Post
Haven’t see the FB comments on this news but suspect it’s
Wow the majority of people are really upset!

In my opninion they have completely destroyed the spirit of rallycross and maybe they should go back to the old good status of European Championship and race in the old classic circuits.

Abu Dhabi, South Africa...who cares of Rallycross there!! Cmon
Old 25 Oct 2018, 16:58 (Ref:3859138)   #122
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
The general public doesn't care about WRX so we put some F1 venues on the calender.
Old 25 Oct 2018, 20:46 (Ref:3859176)   #123
crossfades
Veteran

Sweden
According to Montalegre RX on Facebook they were never informed that they wouldn't be on the calendar for next year and found out about it when IMG announced the calendar today. They also claim to have a contract until 2023 and, if I understand the Facebook translation correctly, will prove that such is the case.

The post is in Portuguese.

https://www.facebook.com/MontalegreR...82880298558729
Old 26 Oct 2018, 09:34 (Ref:3859256)   #124
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
Oh, please, please sue IMG, that would be even more hilarious than the last few weeks!
Old 26 Oct 2018, 10:46 (Ref:3859260)   #125
tbtstt
Veteran

United Kingdom
Redhill, England
Quote:
According to Montalegre RX on Facebook they were never informed that they wouldn't be on the calendar for next year and found out about it when IMG announced the calendar today. They also claim to have a contract until 2023 and, if I understand the Facebook translation correctly, will prove that such is the case.

The post is in Portuguese.

https://www.facebook.com/MontalegreR...82880298558729
I am always wary of accusations and claims made on Facebook, but there was an official announcement on the contract extension (until 2022) last year:

https://www.motorsport.com/world-rx/...DDnq3kqQbsniGc

What's happened there I wonder?