Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 27 Mar 2006, 11:39 (Ref:1562227)   #1
The Hrt Kid
Racer

The Hrt Kid should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
setting a bad example

after getting back early this morning and only now having the chance to report on my weekend. First off im very dissapointed in the city of adelaide. Now its only a small minority of adelaidians but i was left quite disturbed on the weekend. Walking down the street at night i saw heaps of people passed out or sleeping on the side of the road. This was in rundle and hindley and it wasnt a stupid hour. Then getting to the track on saturday i was asked by 3 people if i had any money to give them, why dont you bloody get a job! But what really really made me very extremely mad was what i saw on sunday walking to the track. Im not a racist person here, but i saw two aboriginal girls with paint all over there face spaced out, still with the paint in there hand walking down one of the busiest streets. Then one of them walked past a cafe and just took a customers drink and kept walking. After going to 3 clipsals now i was left a little dissapointed in that ascpect. However its only a small crowd that is wrecking it for the rest of you adelaidians. For the bulk of them they go more then out of there way to help you, whether you need help for a bus time table or just with food or accomodation.

Other than that i had a fantastic time and will still go next year but i had to get that off my chest.
Old 27 Mar 2006, 11:49 (Ref:1562241)   #2
Aarrgh8
Veteran

Aarrgh8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So, where are you from, Kid? It can't be Sydney, or Melbourne, or Brisbane, or Darwin, or Alice Springs, or Dubbo, or Newcastle, or Wollongong, or London, or New York, or Chicago - or almost any other place of any size or population that I can think of.

I really hope that having to put up with people who, through their own problems - or the deficiencies of the place they choose - or are forced, to live in, didn't wreck your weekend of motorsport.

BTW, some of the worst quotes I know of start with "I'm not a racist person, but..."
Old 27 Mar 2006, 23:17 (Ref:1562824)   #3
S_Doctor
Rookie

S_Doctor should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aarrgh8

I really hope that having to put up with people who, through their own problems - or the deficiencies of the place they choose - or are forced, to live in, didn't wreck your weekend of motorsport.
Everybody has choices in life, and people put themselves in these positions because of the choice they make in life. I deal with needy people a fair bit, and it is no good feeling sorry for them or trying to help them, they have to help themselves, its called empowerment.
Old 28 Mar 2006, 00:54 (Ref:1562891)   #4
Vanilla Dice
Veteran

MagnetON
Hope Island Resort
Vanilla Dice has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Since they took the concert out of the Sat nite at Bathurst, and only run that carnival, most of the carp The HRT Kid talks about isnt at our great race. In town anyway, they are usually at the top of the mountain destroying rental cars and burning beds, chairs, tents, beercans and anything else worth burning... usually OP's of course...

666 posts... over... and OUT..!
Old 28 Mar 2006, 01:56 (Ref:1562923)   #5
rustyinsthoz
Veteran

Australia
Adelaide
rustyinsthoz should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Some of the so called V8 fans leave a bit to be desired, never mind the local street people.