Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Clubmans Rallycross Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Rallying & Rallycross

Old 14 May 2007, 17:36 (Ref:1913361)   #26
chris cake
Racer

England
LYDDEN HILL
chris cake should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I made a no show due to Cxxk UP with International Licence

So Tom drove instead !!!

I was gutted so stayed at home in a !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

All weekend .
Old 14 May 2007, 21:23 (Ref:1913516)   #27
:) RallyX
Racer

:) RallyX should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
So what was the final position of George Tracey and Chris Evans??
Old 14 May 2007, 22:52 (Ref:1913543)   #28
Christopher E
Rookie

Christopher E should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I finished 18th, i had qualified for a final after the second heats but due to a ECU fault the car failed to re-start on the dummy grid as we went for the start of the 3rd heat,so i went from 14th to 18th after the 3rd heats, which only the top 16 qualify. George finished 28th. 39 starters in Division 1. 4 hours of Practice given!

Last edited by Christopher E; 14 May 2007 at 22:59.
Old 15 May 2007, 10:00 (Ref:1913756)   #29
zac510
Veteran

zac510 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That's promising!
Old 15 May 2007, 10:01 (Ref:1913759)   #30
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Fair play to you all, given the shoddy decisions made in BRC in general over the past few months i hope more drivers try and make the step up to ERC, the driving is amazing, the damage is also i should think.
But i would think that if Chris and George raced in ERC for a few rounds then came back to teh UK they would be much faster than they were before.
Do a John Smith and only race in Europe!!
Old 15 May 2007, 11:09 (Ref:1913812)   #31
Mad Mark Watson
Racer

England
barnard castle
Mad Mark Watson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
We are 90% sure we are going to europe next year!!!
see how we fair in the BRC this year but after rebuilding the car 3 times this year already and inflated tyre and entry costs we worked out providing we have time that the ERC isnt a lot more expensive and much more prestige and spectacle!!

I hope fans will follow us across the water.

I dont think we can physically fit in any events this year would like to do Poland because of my connections but il announce this later.
Old 15 May 2007, 11:49 (Ref:1913849)   #32
bigted
Veteran

bigted should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You got loads of new chamber maids?
Old 15 May 2007, 13:50 (Ref:1913931)   #33
schanche
Veteran

England
5OUTH E4ST
schanche should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Would like to see you in belguim great track there Mark where ever you go there be english fans cheering!keep the speed and form going you could be a surprise this year!
Old 15 May 2007, 20:16 (Ref:1914199)   #34
Mad Mark Watson
Racer

England
barnard castle
Mad Mark Watson should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
My girlfriend is Polish thats the connection you will have seen here at events she takes most of our pics and designed our team logo.
With having a translator would be good to visit and return favour seeing as their drivers come over here.

As for Belgium right in middle of season planning for nest now though.

Will keep the progression going as we learn the car at last.
Old 15 May 2007, 20:19 (Ref:1914202)   #35
bigted
Veteran

bigted should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
yes a tanslator is a good idea, makes things much easier! doesnt it Hal
Old 15 May 2007, 23:17 (Ref:1914312)   #36
StockHatch782
Racer

StockHatch782 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I would have thought that, with his multi-talented approach to life - university studies, car preparation and hire, emergency mechanic, rallycross encyclopedia and general paddock playboy - Hal wouldn't bat an eyelid at holding a full technical discussion in French! Or at least being able to say hello...

I don't know how to make those winking face things come up on the screen, but if I did, there would be one placed suitably here!
Old 16 May 2007, 07:41 (Ref:1914444)   #37
Rallycrossfreak
Rookie

Rallycrossfreak should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
You can say:
- Tracey was held up by the other 307 in the first heat
- Tracey was held up by Belgium driver Tom Geenen in the second heat
- Tracey was held up by Belgium driver Tom Geenen in the third heat

But that was not the reason why George Tracey couldn't reach the finals. The reason is that he is just not good enough! And also is Christopher Evans with his Opel Astra! I think when you see the results, than it's clear that the European championship is just another level.

Sorry ... to put some dreams broken
Old 16 May 2007, 08:06 (Ref:1914457)   #38
rx-guru
Veteran

European Union
Western Lower Rhine area of Germany
rx-guru should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The grapes are hanging high in the ERC. In 2006 Per Eklund did not reach any A final. Rustam Minnikhanov is driving the 2006 Hansen C4, a car to win the ERC with, but no points in France. Triple European Autocross champion Ayrat Shaymiev owns the 2006 Jernberg Focus now, but no points in France. Jani Paasonen, third overall of the 2004 WRC (Group N), tried hard with an ex-Koutný Å*koda Fabia, but no points in France. All these guys need a little time to acclimatize themselfs. So would you mind to let them practise a bit…?
Old 16 May 2007, 08:06 (Ref:1914458)   #39
PhergAthor
Racer

Belgium
Maasmechelen, Belgium
PhergAthor should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rallycrossfreak
You can say:
- Tracey was held up by the other 307 in the first heat
- Tracey was held up by Belgium driver Tom Geenen in the second heat
- Tracey was held up by Belgium driver Tom Geenen in the third heat
Tracey is only half way in changing a WRC into a RX-special. Mind you that this was his 3rd event, and is still in full developpement. The test on monday and tuesday together with official Peugeot sport people and the Paillier competition team should be a big leap in the progress of the car. The 307 was a lot faster than in Lydden, and if it makes a simular progression now, it could get close to reaching a ERC final.

Evans was right where I expected him to be: just outside the finals.

I'm waiting for Andrew Jordan to come out and play. I had a little chat with him in Essay, and he seems to be very eager to race in Europe. He is the only driver from the UK who can reach finals on a regular basis IMHO.
Old 16 May 2007, 10:17 (Ref:1914545)   #40
Roundy Mooney
Veteran

Ireland
Roundy Mooney should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Evans has shown that he can live with Hansen the last to years at croft and in anyones book thats good enough to reach ERC finals. He does have the pace just not the experience of the european tracks.

Bring the ERC to any British/Irish Track and Evans would Probably make the A Final.

I would agree however that there is more to come from Jordan but just at present if Evans returned to a BRDA round you would have to think he would still edge all the rest.
Old 16 May 2007, 11:19 (Ref:1914587)   #41
Rallycrossfreak
Rookie

Rallycrossfreak should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roundy Mooney
Bring the ERC to any British/Irish Track and Evans would Probably make the A Final.
Christopher Evans will NEVER DRIVE A-finals at the ERC with his Opel Astra! Neither on a British/Irish track. That's really not realistic. He did twice France (Alençon), and the Netherlands (Valkenswaard) without any result.

You really don't want to see the difference? The Norwegians and Swedisch drivers have the A and B final for their own. And the other country's can be happy if they have a C final perhaps.

All respect for the IRC and BRC, but please feel the difference ... !

Last edited by Rallycrossfreak; 16 May 2007 at 11:28.
Old 16 May 2007, 11:43 (Ref:1914608)   #42
chunder
Veteran

England
Stevenage
chunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridchunder should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Give the guy a break will you! At least he is out there trying, I say fair play to anyone who gets out to Europe. I remember talking to Will and Pat during 92 and they said that it really is a while noew level, crazily intense and very very hard.

George and Chris are not really full timers and you are up against Andreas, Kenny, Per all with workd backing and probably full time mechanics and people working on the car.

As for Mad MArk, get out there mate, you will be amazed I am sure, only leave a little space on the bus, would be great to come along!!
Wouls also make greatreading about exploits on ERC 24, you drivers, get a blog going on there, its a great idea.
Old 16 May 2007, 12:00 (Ref:1914620)   #43
Roundy Mooney
Veteran

Ireland
Evans was well on course for a b final in Valkenswaard when he had that rush of blood to the head by missing the chicane on the start/finish straight. The Astra is well up to the pace of the more modern cars and you do need the rub of the green at ERC events to make an A final as there is so much more competition in the heats compared to National events.
I would still maintain that if you brought the erc to lydden/ mondello etc that Evans or Jordan would have every chance of making an A final. I would however conseed that neither of them are ever likely to run at the sharp end of the erc for a whole season and are chances of a out right win are slim, but I still think that an A final result is obtainable.
Old 16 May 2007, 12:33 (Ref:1914636)   #44
zac510
Veteran

zac510 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Finals or not I'll be waving an Irish flag for them at the ERC. and I've got nothing to do with Ireland!
Old 16 May 2007, 12:52 (Ref:1914654)   #45
PhergAthor
Racer

Belgium
Maasmechelen, Belgium
Quote:
I wish they do bring a round to the UK, and I sure would like for non-scandinavians to reach A-finals, but in this years championship, there are 2 French guys who can make an A-final, the rest is racing for the last 6 places on the finals grid. Even if there was a round in the UK.

Last weekend was on French ground, the second best national championship behind Sweden, and besides the ERC regulars Anne and Pailier, only Laboulle (the titel favorite in France) could squeeze into the C-final.

I'm not bashing on UK or Irish drivers, nor any other for that matter, but I just do not agree that they could reach an A-final (even in the UK).
Old 16 May 2007, 12:57 (Ref:1914656)   #46
Roundy Mooney
Veteran

Ireland
On a different subject what spec are the DIV3 cars ??
Old 16 May 2007, 14:13 (Ref:1914691)   #47
PhergAthor
Racer

Belgium
Maasmechelen, Belgium
Quote:
On a different subject what spec are the DIV3 cars ??
All tubular, with plastic body on top. V6 engines, 4WD, anything goes.
Old 16 May 2007, 14:18 (Ref:1914694)   #48
rx-guru
Veteran

European Union
Western Lower Rhine area of Germany
rx-guru should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
http://www.erc24.com/Default.asp?Show=News&c=0&ID=411

Not to forget: mid-engines.
Old 16 May 2007, 15:08 (Ref:1914715)   #49
schanche
Veteran

England
5OUTH E4ST
George and Evans

George did particualry well in France I thought! car was vast improved just needs to adjust to the European way, my guess is with the sort of money George can throw at his car and the team I think he could progress somewhat faster than many others within the ERC although the 307 may not be the easiest of cars to reach that goal.As For Mr Evans GB1 Im not a fan of his but since he did not start the third heats due to problems its fair to say he could well of been higher placed in the finals his speed was gradually improving and he faired well at Essay 2 years ago!
Old 16 May 2007, 19:33 (Ref:1914902)   #50
schanche
Veteran

England
5OUTH E4ST
For the Guru!

Mr Eddie can you answer a question for me?
What was the the trouble with Hansen's car after the 1st heats he stopped on the far side of the circuit and there was fire and ambulance swarming all over the car .We left to go to the Hotel shortly after the race ended.The next day hansen car and driver were fine?