Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Closed Thread

Old 14 Mar 2020, 09:40 (Ref:3964137)   #801
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Elwin View Post
Will we be in the sh1t?
I think you dont want to know. Look: brutal increasing demand will lead the quality of this product going down to the toilets. Because you're supposed to buy it brand new, even in France, its covered by a warranty. In case of troubles, should you send back: 1 the inner tube; 2 the remaining paper; 3 the faulty part; send a picture of the product in action to the online help?
For those experiencing issues, please take direct contact with John E, in his area the most famous brand for HQ toilet rolls is… LOTUS!
Old 14 Mar 2020, 09:50 (Ref:3964139)   #802
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
I think you dont want to know. Look: brutal increasing demand will lead the quality of this product going down to the toilets. Because you're supposed to buy it brand new, even in France, its covered by a warranty. In case of troubles, should you send back: 1 the inner tube; 2 the remaining paper; 3 the faulty part; send a picture of the product in action to the online help?
For those experiencing issues, please take direct contact with John E, in his area the most famous brand for HQ toilet rolls is… LOTUS!
It's obviously light & fine! It's the re-cycled stuff you want to worry about.
Old 14 Mar 2020, 14:36 (Ref:3964185)   #803
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
No, only the re-fund thingy!
Old 14 Mar 2020, 16:41 (Ref:3964197)   #804
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Had a nice and very quite lunch with the two Yorkies in a famous chinese restaurant near Champs Elysées. The dogs improvised a race under the tables and between the chairs hunting a frightened Chihuahua…
Meetings of more than 1000 people are forbidden so why could we see at least three times this in Gendarmes and other special forces? They were waiting for protestants, gilets jaunes and hooligans! Normal in this country where you are encouraged to stay at home but encouraged to go to the poll station. Like risks? Go and vote!
Old 14 Mar 2020, 19:14 (Ref:3964219)   #805
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
We're different over here - we've been told that our local elections due in May are being postponed to next year......time to go electronic voting
Old 14 Mar 2020, 19:18 (Ref:3964220)   #806
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Well I have just Had a pleasant couple of hours at an impromptu visit to a wine tasting at the recently opened “The honest wine shop” in Castle Donington, followed by a couple of real ales at “The Chequered Flag” bar. It was pretty busy in the wine shop which is good to see for a very recently opened business, particularly at this time.
Feeling very mellow now! Afternoon drinking, very pleasant, hic!
Old 14 Mar 2020, 19:22 (Ref:3964221)   #807
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
What a nice afternoon you had Andy, le bon vin ça tue les microbes!

Richard, we're far ahead from you in terms of protection. Go and vote but please wash your hands and bring your own pencil!!! Cant believe it…
Old 14 Mar 2020, 20:40 (Ref:3964229)   #808
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
What a nice afternoon you had Andy, le bon vin ça tue les microbes!

Richard, we're far ahead from you in terms of protection. Go and vote but please wash your hands and bring your own pencil!!! Cant believe it…
I've just had quite the best fish 'n chips in years in a restaurant in Arras. Definetely beats your Chinese bats wing soup, Gerard!!

It was superb.
Old 15 Mar 2020, 06:03 (Ref:3964271)   #809
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
I can't recommend enough "les toasts de Madame Butterfly" at Diepp. Tout Ã* fait exquis et quelque peu décadent je l'avoue…
Old 15 Mar 2020, 09:21 (Ref:3964289)   #810
morninggents
Veteran

England
Up north, near York.
morninggents should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
They were waiting for protestants, gilets jaunes and hooligans!

Are you sure you meant what you said, Gerry, or did you mean protesters?
Old 15 Mar 2020, 10:47 (Ref:3964307)   #811
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Quote:
Originally Posted by morninggents View Post
Are you sure you meant what you said, Gerry, or did you mean protesters?
OF course its my bad, many apologies, no pun no joke intended. Sorry again.
Old 15 Mar 2020, 11:22 (Ref:3964312)   #812
morninggents
Veteran

England
Up north, near York.
morninggents should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
No need to apologise as I doubt anyone here would be offended. Your english is excellent and I thought the slight spelling error made the comment amusing.
Old 15 Mar 2020, 14:40 (Ref:3964338)   #813
Colin McKay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Colin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridColin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The earliest smutty playground joke I actually understood was about the potato farmer who rang his local knocking shop.

"I've been told you've got some whores there, I need a dozen for tomorrow".

"Sir," replied Madame sniffily, "we have prostitutes".

"I don't care what religion they are so long as they can use a hoe"

Well, it was funny in 1960
Old 15 Mar 2020, 14:50 (Ref:3964339)   #814
The Fat Clerk
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Bishopscourt
The Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridThe Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This reminded me of the Two Ronnies, have you got any O's?
Old 15 Mar 2020, 18:08 (Ref:3964368)   #815
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin McKay View Post
Well, it was funny in 1960
Still works, thanks Colin! :https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qwwwwhgHyLA
Old 16 Mar 2020, 08:03 (Ref:3964447)   #816
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fat Clerk View Post
This reminded me of the Two Ronnies, have you got any O's?
Part of the four-candles sketch, an absolute classic...... https://multimedia-english.com/video...o-ronnies-5670
Old 16 Mar 2020, 08:57 (Ref:3964452)   #817
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
another classic from them, one of my faves
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cc3M1nppd3c
Old 16 Mar 2020, 12:42 (Ref:3964521)   #818
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I hadn’t seen that Swedish one before, very well done.

One of my favourites is the mastermind sketch, answering a question with the previous question’s answer
Old 16 Mar 2020, 13:10 (Ref:3964533)   #819
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
I hadn’t seen that Swedish one before, very well done. One of my favourites is the mastermind sketch, answering a question with the previous question’s answer
Perhaps you could provide a link so we can share.....
Old 16 Mar 2020, 13:23 (Ref:3964539)   #820
mark_l
Veteran

England
mark_l should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmark_l should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
Perhaps you could provide a link so we can share.....
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y0C59pI_ypQ
Old 16 Mar 2020, 14:36 (Ref:3964554)   #821
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Thanks, I was hoping to prompt the OP into providing one!

Got an email from JS this morning about ‘panic buying’ and showing consideration and moderation when shopping. So I go into the local store (for a pot plant and bottle of squash ) and it’s chaos! Empty shelves everywhere and fighting to get to the tills....

Obviously those shopping weren’t on the mailing list?
Attached Thumbnails
BF95AF91-527A-42D9-A9B3-8A9A8DE8542F.jpeg  
Old 16 Mar 2020, 15:08 (Ref:3964559)   #822
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
Thanks, I was hoping to prompt the OP into providing one!

Got an email from JS this morning about ‘panic buying’ and showing consideration and moderation when shopping. So I go into the local store (for a pot plant and bottle of squash ) and it’s chaos! Empty shelves everywhere and fighting to get to the tills....

Obviously those shopping weren’t on the mailing list?

Seems to be a popular day for such mails.

I got one from Clarks shoes (not so much about panic buying ...) swiftly followed by another from the head honcho at Aldi (must be after I bought an electric rotovator on line about a year ago).

Disappointed not to have more ...
Old 16 Mar 2020, 16:05 (Ref:3964578)   #823
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
If you need loo roles or paracetamol pop down to my local corner shop, like many others they have plenty of both. It seems only the supermarkets are being raided by paranoid, hoarders. I only hope they are overstocking with short sell by date stuff.
Old 16 Mar 2020, 16:18 (Ref:3964585)   #824
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by bauble View Post
If you need loo roles or paracetamol pop down to my local corner shop, like many others they have plenty of both. It seems only the supermarkets are being raided by paranoid, hoarders. I only hope they are overstocking with short sell by date stuff.

Judging by the people I saw tipping the contents of the last box of Fusilli pasta on the shelves at a Sainsbury store last Saturday straight into their large shopping trolley I think I might guess where some of the corner shops are getting their stock.
Old 16 Mar 2020, 16:38 (Ref:3964593)   #825
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
We seem to be remarkably free of obsessive shoppers here. As I said before,Auchan in Arras even has toilet paper on promo, & likewise my local Lidl, where I have just been. It was quite busy but nothing dramatic.
Closed Thread