Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 14 Feb 2015, 02:29 (Ref:3504742)   #1
Juarez Jed
Veteran

Juarez Jed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridJuarez Jed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Darrell Lea in the news.

http://www.news.com.au/finance/busin...-1227219094720

Tony Quinn is copping some flak in the press today.
Old 14 Feb 2015, 14:40 (Ref:3504859)   #2
TWRv12
Veteran

TWRv12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTWRv12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Bit silly to damage your brand with a stupid argument with six workers
Old 14 Feb 2015, 21:12 (Ref:3504973)   #3
Kingair
Veteran

Kingair should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridKingair should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If that's the case back to Cadbury for my sweet tooth requirements!
Old 14 Feb 2015, 21:20 (Ref:3504976)   #4
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'm sticking with Lindt.
Old 14 Feb 2015, 22:21 (Ref:3504995)   #5
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Umai Naa View Post
I'm sticking with Lindt.
+1

We dont know the full story other than this article. It is something that has happened before, a relocation, disgruntled employees, attempted appeasement, shrinkage of the team because of the move. Some organisations offer a limited time travel allowance, or run buses from the old site to the new for a period of time.

Technically their job still exists, under the same conditions. That the remedy seems to be a significant redundancy would be interesting to test at Fair Work Australia.

We shall see...
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 16 Feb 2015, 11:58 (Ref:3505436)   #6
Cosworth72
Rookie

Cosworth72 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GTRMagic View Post
+1

We dont know the full story other than this article. It is something that has happened before, a relocation, disgruntled employees, attempted appeasement, shrinkage of the team because of the move. Some organisations offer a limited time travel allowance, or run buses from the old site to the new for a period of time.

Technically their job still exists, under the same conditions. That the remedy seems to be a significant redundancy would be interesting to test at Fair Work Australia.

We shall see...
I thought the article said that The Fair Work Commision had already ruled the employees are entitled to the payment?
Old 17 Feb 2015, 05:09 (Ref:3505675)   #7
kittle
Veteran

kittle should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Tony is paying up.
Old 17 Feb 2015, 07:13 (Ref:3505699)   #8
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cosworth72 View Post
I thought the article said that The Fair Work Commision had already ruled the employees are entitled to the payment?
Being 'entitled' and being 'ordered to pay' are actually two different events at Fair Work Australia...

The process often sees employees' claim recognised in the first proceeding.

Somewhere along the way that either happens or it doesnt happen.. and they go back in front of the commission, where an official order may be proclaimed, and then the monies identified are due and payable within a non-negotiable period, under the threat of significant fines or worse if the matter is not concluded.

Often times, there is a third proceeding to confirm all has been concluded as it should have been.

Presumably, these discussions are somewhere between #2 and #3...
Old 17 Feb 2015, 10:56 (Ref:3505754)   #9
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Most important thing here is the union is responsible for both of those articles so they are basically propoganda, I've been party to some union disputes myself and they are masters at stretching the truth and putting up a good sob-story.

I've personally seen an article just like this which was a hatchet job against a manager who fired a forklift driver on the spot for turning up to work... Completely stoned on hashish.

More than 5000 forklift drivers went out on strike and the guy got his job back... Rubbish.
Old 17 Feb 2015, 11:04 (Ref:3505756)   #10
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixer View Post
Most important thing here is the union is responsible for both of those articles so they are basically propoganda, I've been party to some union disputes myself and they are masters at stretching the truth and putting up a good sob-story.

I've personally seen an article just like this which was a hatchet job against a manager who fired a forklift driver on the spot for turning up to work... Completely stoned on hashish.

More than 5000 forklift drivers went out on strike and the guy got his job back... Rubbish.
Clearly didnt work for Linfox or Toll. No excuses. One fail, OUT! They regularly test everyone from truck drivers to warehouse pickers to paperwork jockeys to account managers...

But I do get your point
Old 17 Feb 2015, 11:16 (Ref:3505760)   #11
Mixer
Veteran

Mixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridMixer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Actually propoganda may be unfair, but the point I was making is we are only being given the facts as presented by someone with an agenda, so we have to be careful making value judgements.
Old 18 Feb 2015, 00:06 (Ref:3505978)   #12
Gaz170
Veteran

Australia
Gold Coast, QLD
Gaz170 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGaz170 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridGaz170 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Paper is now saying Quinn's have agreed to pay the workers.
Old 18 Feb 2015, 04:57 (Ref:3506030)   #13
Bell_End
Racer

Jamaica
Church Tower
Bell_End should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gaz170 View Post
Paper is now saying Quinn's have agreed to pay the workers.

Maybe a couple of headlines in the papers kick negotiations along a little...
Old 18 Feb 2015, 06:01 (Ref:3506038)   #14
Shane001
Racer

Australia
Shane001 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Didn't the Quinns take over the company when it was about to collapse, when all workers would have been out of a job. Probably got it for a good price but they would have had to spend some money to keep it going and revive it as a viable company. To then get hit with a half million dollar redundancy package was probably unexpected, and possibly a bit of a slap in the face.
Old 18 Feb 2015, 08:36 (Ref:3506078)   #15
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Old 18 Feb 2015, 10:08 (Ref:3506111)   #16
Mixer
Veteran

Slap in the face is how unions in Australia work. Trial by press and ever increasing demands, then whining because businesses close because they have become uncompetitive.
Old 19 Feb 2015, 12:09 (Ref:3506614)   #17
Shane001
Racer

Australia
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mixer View Post
Slap in the face is how unions in Australia work. Trial by press and ever increasing demands, then whining because businesses close because they have become uncompetitive.
Yep, don't get me started on this ****. The unions are half the reason so much manufacturing is lost to this country. All they really care about is how much they can line their own pockets. Oh and then there's the stand over thugs.
Old 19 Feb 2015, 12:11 (Ref:3506617)   #18
Shane001
Racer

Australia
Of course half the owners, boards and CEO's of big business are ***** too lol!
Old 19 Feb 2015, 19:52 (Ref:3506765)   #19
mountainstar
Veteran

United States
mountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridmountainstar should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I'm not understanding how people could fault Quinn in this.

You have a bankrupt business or nearly bankrupt(can't remember which) and it and all it's jobs are about to go bye bye for good. Someone comes in, buys it out, brings it back to life, establishes a new factory and now you have to pay people because they don't want to work anymore? Doesn't make any sense. This concept of paying people for work they did not do doesn't make any sense to me.
Old 19 Feb 2015, 22:16 (Ref:3506827)   #20
TWRv12
Veteran

TWRv12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTWRv12 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by mountainstar View Post
I'm not understanding how people could fault Quinn in this.

You have a bankrupt business or nearly bankrupt(can't remember which) and it and all it's jobs are about to go bye bye for good. Someone comes in, buys it out, brings it back to life, establishes a new factory and now you have to pay people because they don't want to work anymore? Doesn't make any sense. This concept of paying people for work they did not do doesn't make any sense to me.
So what to you call leaving them in a shelf company with no assets?

Looks like they paided up and everything should be sweet from now on.
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2015-02-1...yments/6139034
Old 19 Feb 2015, 22:48 (Ref:3506838)   #21
mikuni
Veteran

mikuni should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmikuni should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I have to say, well handled by DL. They saw the issue, the bad publicity and personalised it by saying our boss will cover it.

They also managed to stick the knife in a little bit, sighting the personal remarks people have been putting on facebook. It makes them come off looking like the professional outfit and everyone else (read: Unions) looking at petty as they are.
Old 19 Feb 2015, 23:59 (Ref:3506858)   #22
Umai Naa
Veteran

Umai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridUmai Naa should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Trouble is, not many would have understood the complexities of the matter.

The parent company in this case, has taken on the liabilities of its subsidiary DL Employment, which was liquidated before the Quinns came along.
Old 20 Feb 2015, 00:06 (Ref:3506860)   #23
peckstar
Veteran

Cayman Islands
peckstar has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Dont get why we even need to discuss this
Old 20 Feb 2015, 00:16 (Ref:3506861)   #24
TWRv12
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by peckstar View Post
Dont get why we even need to discuss this
TQ is now free to sort out MSNZ
Old 20 Feb 2015, 01:24 (Ref:3506874)   #25
Umai Naa
Veteran

Here's hoping!