Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 26 Jul 2021, 12:50 (Ref:4063236)   #1276
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Just had an email from My contact at the ACO and she has confirmed that there will be testing available on Friday at le mans, although she thinks not french residents may have to pay something for it
Old 26 Jul 2021, 13:18 (Ref:4063239)   #1277
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AstonGeoff View Post
Definitely a glass half empty type of guy aren't you!
Hopefully not from rosé to red......
Old 26 Jul 2021, 13:24 (Ref:4063243)   #1278
vincegail
Veteran

Netherlands
Antwerp, Belgium
vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!vincegail has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
My glass usually doesn't stay full long, no
Old 26 Jul 2021, 13:47 (Ref:4063246)   #1279
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Vince's glass is either full or empty, one minute it is full and the next it is empty and he is looking at you with that "Your Round look" in his eyes or he is at the bar ordering the next round himself.
Old 26 Jul 2021, 14:20 (Ref:4063257)   #1280
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
Just had an email from My contact at the ACO and she has confirmed that there will be testing available on Friday at le mans, although she thinks not french residents may have to pay something for it
For foreign tourists : 49 € for PCR, 29 € for antigen. (It could have been 49.99 and 29.99 )
Old 26 Jul 2021, 15:19 (Ref:4063265)   #1281
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
pascal, is that a flat rate for all of france?

big queue outside my local pharmacy for tests this afternoon which isn’t promising…
Old 26 Jul 2021, 16:06 (Ref:4063273)   #1282
PascaLM
Race Official
Veteran

France
Near Blois, France
PascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FamePascaLM will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
pascal, is that a flat rate for all of france?

big queue outside my local pharmacy for tests this afternoon which isn’t promising…
According to what I have read in several medias, it's a single price everywhere.
Old 26 Jul 2021, 16:22 (Ref:4063276)   #1283
Bentley03
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Bentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameBentley03 will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by vincegail View Post
Pays de Loire now Orange on the EU map:
https://reopen.europa.eu/nl/map/DEU/7011
For now the Sarthe department itself remains green, but there's no doubt case numbers are about to rocket.
Old 26 Jul 2021, 17:45 (Ref:4063287)   #1284
Michel Vaillant
Racer

France
Le Mans, Sarthe
Michel Vaillant should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMichel Vaillant should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Cases are increase, but hospitalisations and intensive care units are not under water at the moment... Probably because large part of aged and fragile persons are now fully vaccinated. I hope the way will be the same for the future.
If peoples on the circuit are vaccinated or healthy (PCR), i think authorities will not make difficulties...
Old 26 Jul 2021, 19:46 (Ref:4063307)   #1285
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by PascaLM View Post
According to what I have read in several medias, it's a single price everywhere.
thank you, i’d got a similar impression but it didn’t seem to be the case previously so there were some mixed messages! i’ll report back when i eventually find somewhere without a massive queue or a really awkward booking system…

what i like about the french at the moment is they’re fully committed to making life as normal as possible for those who are vaccinated. in the uk they’re desperately trying to pander to the people who won’t get the jab and won’t accept that they will need to prove they’re safe for other to be around.
Old 27 Jul 2021, 04:11 (Ref:4063337)   #1286
sunny_hi
Rookie

United States
sunny_hi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Just curious does clubaco@lemans.org actually works? Sent an email to them with a question for a while now. Got a standard "Thank you for your enquiry." with a ticket number. Then nothing.
Old 27 Jul 2021, 06:51 (Ref:4063343)   #1287
Anyopenroad
Veteran

England
London
Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!
In a predominantly online world, France in general and the ACO in particular are wonderful throwbacks to an age when people phoned each other to get things done. Call them! I know, charming right?
Old 27 Jul 2021, 08:09 (Ref:4063354)   #1288
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Charming or not, middle age or modern world, go for any solution that would produce results, only the result matters if I'm right.
Carrier pigeon anyone?
Old 27 Jul 2021, 08:34 (Ref:4063362)   #1289
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunny_hi View Post
Just curious does clubaco@lemans.org actually works? Sent an email to them with a question for a while now. Got a standard "Thank you for your enquiry." with a ticket number. Then nothing.
It works for me, but then I've emailed them quite a bit over the last few years. Address your message to Hélène......

I guess they're pretty busy right now.
Old 27 Jul 2021, 09:43 (Ref:4063374)   #1290
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
https://www.reuters.com/world/uk/uk-...es-2021-07-25/

This would be a big boost if it happens for UK returnees. Fingers crossed it gets sorted soon as per reports.
Old 27 Jul 2021, 10:48 (Ref:4063382)   #1291
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
Quote:
Originally Posted by PascaLM View Post
further to this, it’s not universal unfortunately. at an unnamed french airport i’ve got an antigen test for 29€, but they’re charging 69€ for a pcr. no special timeframe, just the standard 24hrs. my antigen paperwork looks shady, and specifies that they’re for those displaying symptoms only (lol) but nobody cares. the lady from the orange peril confirms that they’re accepted for angleterre.
Old 27 Jul 2021, 10:49 (Ref:4063383)   #1292
Anyopenroad
Veteran

England
London
Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!Anyopenroad has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
This would be a big boost if it happens for UK returnees. Fingers crossed it gets sorted soon as per reports.
Apparently the original and irrational decision to continue forcing vaccinated returnees from France to quarantine was down to the new UK Health Secretary misunderstanding and overreacting to data on the Beta variant in France (or rather, on Réunion island in the southern Indian Ocean ).
Old 27 Jul 2021, 11:21 (Ref:4063391)   #1293
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by Anyopenroad View Post
....on Réunion island in the southern Indian Ocean.
Darn it. I'll cross that one off my holiday list then......
Old 27 Jul 2021, 11:42 (Ref:4063399)   #1294
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Darn it. I'll cross that one off my holiday list then......
Well if you can't go there could i suggest a week in Le mans in August, i believe there is a race on there you might enjoy Andrew
Old 27 Jul 2021, 15:18 (Ref:4063435)   #1295
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
It will be so good to have the atmosphere of the crowd back. Last year it did well without them, but it wasn't quite the same
Old 27 Jul 2021, 18:22 (Ref:4063453)   #1296
24hrmans
Rookie

24hrmans should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitemr2 View Post
I have downloaded this TAC app (tous anti covid). scanned my Duch QR code and it displays my name, date of birth and like you said a green hook (V) with the word 'valide'.
Now I'm confused, is this app to check if my Dutch QR code van be scanned by the French government?

How did you do this? Can you print the QR code to paper and scanned that one or copy from one phone to another?
Old 27 Jul 2021, 18:30 (Ref:4063454)   #1297
Anyopenroad
Veteran

England
London
Quote:
Originally Posted by 24hrmans View Post
How did you do this? Can you print the QR code to paper and scanned that one or copy from one phone to another?
Yes. Either print it out and scan it, or use a different phone. I guess the first is easier. You might also be able to mail it (or a screenshot of it) to a PC from your phone then scan it off the PC screen.
Old 27 Jul 2021, 19:06 (Ref:4063461)   #1298
whitemr2
Veteran

Netherlands
Holland
whitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwhitemr2 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by 24hrmans View Post
Screenprint is not possible, I took a picture with another phone and scanned that picture with the TAC app,I also printed the foto I took and will bring the print with me. It looks like this TAC app is the scan tool to be used at the gate, it does not generate a QRcode (please correct me if I'm wrong).Best thing for me is, my Dutch QR code can be read at the gate.
Old 27 Jul 2021, 19:35 (Ref:4063466)   #1299
Anyopenroad
Veteran

England
London
Quote:
Originally Posted by whitemr2 View Post
Screenprint is not possible.
If you have a printer connected to the same wifi as your phone, you can print anything from the phone just by taking a screenshot and printing that.
Old 27 Jul 2021, 20:52 (Ref:4063473)   #1300
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
It’s easy as pie, you can print anything you need these days