Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Closed Thread

Old 18 Mar 2020, 13:25 (Ref:3965246)   #876
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
And in the real world..... Glastonbury has been cancelled!
Presumably because most of the old folks who go will be confined to quarters??
Old 18 Mar 2020, 14:01 (Ref:3965252)   #877
justracing
Veteran

United Kingdom
West Sussex
justracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridjustracing should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by GORDON STREETER View Post
Oh No, worse than Motorsport being banned, EastEnders are cutting back on their broadcasting !!!!!!!!!!!!
Thank the lord for small mercies
Old 18 Mar 2020, 14:27 (Ref:3965254)   #878
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
When I took the decision to retire I had planned to be able to attend various race meetings, exhibitions and classic car stuff. To date I've only managed Race Retro. We have a holiday booked in June/July and of course I've got my trip to Le Mans in June. Both of which are looking increasingly perilous. So it's been a tad tedious to say the least.

However a quick chat with a mate today and I'm now looking forward to 2021! And every cloud etc. if they do re run the 78MM this year I doubt that the Rover will be sold and I may even get an invite.
Old 18 Mar 2020, 15:12 (Ref:3965263)   #879
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by justracing View Post
Thank the lord for small mercies
Now, this IS serious- no Eurovision this summer!
Old 18 Mar 2020, 15:28 (Ref:3965271)   #880
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Now, this IS serious- no Eurovision this summer!
With so many of life's bugbears being cancelled there is a serious danger of many of us having heart attacks.
After all where will we be able to take out our frustrations once there is a lack of 'footie' to cuss, soaps to rail against, song contest to abuse, and all of the other pressure relief outlets we rely on to swear at?

Why I might not even have to buy a new TV every week for several months.
Old 18 Mar 2020, 17:06 (Ref:3965332)   #881
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Id anyone is feeling the beginnings of withdrawal symptoms from having no timing screens to watch, try this instead.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qgylp3Td1Bw
Old 18 Mar 2020, 17:09 (Ref:3965335)   #882
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
We have a holiday booked in June/July and of course I've got my trip to Le Mans in June.
May be you'd better consider your trip to Le Mans to be in September, sir… I'd say on the 20th. Would be good to see you and the Rover on the track again.
Old 18 Mar 2020, 17:12 (Ref:3965337)   #883
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Yup, I've already picked up on that.
Old 18 Mar 2020, 18:52 (Ref:3965389)   #884
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Nice to see how cancellations and black out act on people's mind, many race cars just sold and others are in the building process. There will be a tomorrow for historic cars. As always.
Old 18 Mar 2020, 20:12 (Ref:3965404)   #885
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Yesterday, I went to my local supermarket to buy a bag of food for my dogs.

Already in line, a woman behind me asked me if I had a dog.

I stared at her ...but then why would I be buying dog food...right?

So on impulse I told her no, that I didn’t have a dog, that I was starting the dog food diet again, and that I probably shouldn't because I ended up in the hospital the last time, but at least I did weigh a stone less!

I told her that it was the perfect diet and that all you had to do is carry a few biscuits in your pocket and eat one or two every time you feel hungry (I have to mention that practically everyone in line was interested in my story).

Frightened, the woman asks me if I ended up in the hospital because the dog food had poisoned me.

I answered...of course not! I was admitted because I bent down to sniff the bum of a German Shepherd and I was hit by a truck.

I thought the man behind her in the queue was going to have a heart attack...he was laughing so hard!
Old 18 Mar 2020, 20:19 (Ref:3965405)   #886
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Harte View Post
Yesterday, I went to my local supermarket to buy a bag of food for my dogs.

Already in line, a woman behind me asked me if I had a dog.

I stared at her ...but then why would I be buying dog food...right?

So on impulse I told her no, that I didn’t have a dog, that I was starting the dog food diet again, and that I probably shouldn't because I ended up in the hospital the last time, but at least I did weigh a stone less!

I told her that it was the perfect diet and that all you had to do is carry a few biscuits in your pocket and eat one or two every time you feel hungry (I have to mention that practically everyone in line was interested in my story).

Frightened, the woman asks me if I ended up in the hospital because the dog food had poisoned me.

I answered...of course not! I was admitted because I bent down to sniff the bum of a German Shepherd and I was hit by a truck.

I thought the man behind her in the queue was going to have a heart attack...he was laughing so hard!
The old ones are the best Mike
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 18 Mar 2020, 20:31 (Ref:3965407)   #887
Alfaholic
Veteran

England
Felixstowe
Alfaholic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAlfaholic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I can't even pop up to Foxhall Heath to catch some short oval racing as this has also been suspended by the govening body: http://www.spedeworth.co.uk/news.php
Old 19 Mar 2020, 10:12 (Ref:3965483)   #888
PeterMorley
Veteran

United Kingdom
Belgium
PeterMorley should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPeterMorley should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brian A View Post
Can anyone explain what's behind the ridiculous panic buying of toilet rolls....

Stockpiling food stuff in a panic is one thing (although I still disapprove), but why bog rolls?

Perplexed of West Sussex

Apparently Australia imports its bog rolls from China.
So there might have been a shortage in Australia.

Therefore it is perfectly logical to stockpile in a country the other side of the world that is (for once) self sufficient in producing bog rolls!!!
Old 19 Mar 2020, 11:33 (Ref:3965502)   #889
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterMorley View Post
Therefore it is perfectly logical to stockpile in a country the other side of the world that is (for once) self sufficient in producing bog rolls!!!
What is logical those days…
Old 19 Mar 2020, 17:33 (Ref:3965578)   #890
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Been waiting for the results of a CT scan, after being referred following a chest X-ray to investigate a long-standing chest infection.......got a phone call today to advise that no particular issues with my lungs........however apparently I have (or have had) a fracture of the L1 region of my spine..........!

Whatever, at least it means they think I should physically see a doctor so I have an appointment early tomorrow morning. As I have the chest infection and am 69.5 I've been sort-of self-isolating, so when I go out tomorrow it may be a case of "I may be some time...."
Old 19 Mar 2020, 17:35 (Ref:3965579)   #891
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
CSCC being very proactive and promising full refunds for entry fees paid for the first two race meets which have been cancelled.....and I was "just" in time to get my B&B booking cancelled for Cadwell and get a refund......relatively happy days
Old 19 Mar 2020, 18:49 (Ref:3965599)   #892
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Richard, I really hope we can meet I do appreciate your optimism. Good luck for tomorrow.
Old 19 Mar 2020, 19:09 (Ref:3965607)   #893
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancsbreaker View Post
Been waiting for the results of a CT scan, after being referred following a chest X-ray to investigate a long-standing chest infection.......got a phone call today to advise that no particular issues with my lungs........however apparently I have (or have had) a fracture of the L1 region of my spine..........!

Whatever, at least it means they think I should physically see a doctor so I have an appointment early tomorrow morning. As I have the chest infection and am 69.5 I've been sort-of self-isolating, so when I go out tomorrow it may be a case of "I may be some time...."
From one AROC Alfisti to another, best of luck!
Old 19 Mar 2020, 19:16 (Ref:3965608)   #894
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
John, better than any doctor advice if someone suddenly looks very much interested in buying your goods as a viager, its a sign!
Old 19 Mar 2020, 19:47 (Ref:3965622)   #895
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Richard,

I hope your local NHS is in good shape and that your back problem is readily resolved.

Meanwhile, racecars beings perhaps a little too compromised on the comfort front for your back issue, how about a Roller trip wafting around the 'Ring?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FhHlZTIwTQ4
Old 19 Mar 2020, 22:57 (Ref:3965662)   #896
275 GTB-4
Veteran

Australia
South of Sydney NSW, Australie
275 GTB-4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid275 GTB-4 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by PeterMorley View Post
Apparently Australia imports its bog rolls from China.
So there might have been a shortage in Australia.

Apparently you have been fed a line of bulldust!? For example...

http://www.kimberly-clark.com.au/

But here is our REAL problem! Its getting bigger and bigger...

https://fee.org/articles/why-chinese...rice-controls/

https://www.businessinsider.com.au/m...hina-2016-6#x1

ANOTHER problem in this country has been local councils BANNING TRUCK deliveries at night...now being rescinded by State Governments under emergency powers...

Last edited by 275 GTB-4; 19 Mar 2020 at 23:05.
Old 20 Mar 2020, 06:41 (Ref:3965693)   #897
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
It’s the Boss’s birthday today. Many happy returns, Iain!

Old 20 Mar 2020, 06:45 (Ref:3965694)   #898
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
Quote:

Ah. Many Happy Returns, Iain!

Think you're on the same lap as me for a few weeks until I move ahead again.
Old 20 Mar 2020, 08:01 (Ref:3965703)   #899
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Elwin View Post
Ah. Many Happy Returns, Iain!

Think you're on the same lap as me for a few weeks until I move ahead again.
Thank you yes 67. I will celebrate and go for long run then bike home and fall asleep.happy days.
Old 20 Mar 2020, 08:02 (Ref:3965704)   #900
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:

Does this move him into the 'older vulnerable' category?

Next time I wash my hands I will know whose name I will be singing Happy birthday to you, happy birthday dear Iain. Happy birthday to you!

PS; Sorry about the suds.