Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Clubmans Rallycross Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Other Motorsports > Rallying & Rallycross

View Poll Results: Who is your championship vote for?
Will Gollop 2 22.22%
Dermot Carnegie 4 44.44%
Pat Doran 3 33.33%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Old 9 Sep 2003, 14:39 (Ref:713193)   #1
Peter S
Veteran

England
Durham
Peter S should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
2003 British Rallycross Championship

So who do u think will win the championship with two rounds to go?
Old 9 Sep 2003, 14:45 (Ref:713202)   #2
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Hopefully Carnegie will win it, I don't think Doran will win purely based on reliability and I'm not a fan of Mr Gollop.
Old 9 Sep 2003, 14:48 (Ref:713204)   #3
Stevie A
Racer

United Kingdom
Leicestershire
Stevie A should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
As much as i would love to see an English driver win, Dermot is looking like the man to beat. That's where my money would go anyway.

It would be great to see Pat win the championship though just to finally lay his RS200 to rest and Gollop to win the GP to let the rest of Europe know that he's well and truly back.
Old 10 Sep 2003, 12:37 (Ref:714044)   #4
moyzer
Racer

United Kingdom
Aldermaston, Berks
moyzer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yeah, what Stevie A said!!!

I voted for Pat, rightly or wrongly, cos I love the RS200. It was watching the TVS Shell Oils Classic in 88'(I think it was 88!!) and seeing Rennie's machine that got me hooked on both the car and the sport. Get it back on TV thats what I say. Let the nation have their own hero's and champions again!!
Old 10 Sep 2003, 13:29 (Ref:714085)   #5
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
There are reason to want all three of them to win:

Doran - Send the RS200 into retirement on a high.
Carnegie - Send the rapid old codger into retirement on a high.
Gollop - Most likely to be the front running British driver against the european boys - so send him out fighting as champion.

It's a shame Carnegie is quitting at the end of the season, he really knows how to drive that car, watching him throw it round the devils elbow at Lydden was incredible, 4 wheel drift, 4 black stripes and a big blast up the hill - it made everyone else look a bit pedestrian round there. The only person who came close to looking as spectacular was Lawrence Gibson in the 6R4.
Old 11 Sep 2003, 19:17 (Ref:715495)   #6
Cryos
Veteran

MagnetON
Cryos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCryos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
In a few words "IRish rule uk rallycross"

To keep the national IQ higher, we prevent links in the signatures. Its clearly in the notice, but that doesn't stop some people moaning about it..
Old 11 Sep 2003, 20:28 (Ref:715591)   #7
Stephen H
Veteran

England
East Sussex
Stephen H should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridStephen H should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridStephen H should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
They`ve all been such great assets to Rallycross, its a shame two have to lose.

The new layout at Brands is a question mark, hope there are no new teething troubles with the layout that mess up the final round. For the first time they will be using almost the full length of Brabham straight, so its will probably favour the most powerful car.

As much as I am a Gollop fan, it would be nice to see either that retiring car or retiring driver get it.
Old 11 Sep 2003, 22:07 (Ref:715688)   #8
Peter S
Veteran

England
Durham
Note that the Brands Hatch event is now a two day meeting.

And for the championship......it can only be one - GOLLOP!

the best there is, the best there was and the best there ever will be!
Old 11 Sep 2003, 22:15 (Ref:715696)   #9
Cryos
Veteran

MagnetON
Cryos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCryos should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Gollop, nahh moneys on carnegie that focus has a nice gearbox and a powerfull engine to propell it up the strieght, gollops yolk will detonate an engine (1 race lifespan on his engine gollop, and if its a 2 day event )

To keep the national IQ higher, we prevent links in the signatures. Its clearly in the notice, but that doesn't stop some people moaning about it..
Old 12 Sep 2003, 08:10 (Ref:715986)   #10
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
Quote:
Originally posted by Peter S
Note that the Brands Hatch event is now a two day meeting.
So what's happening on each day? Is the Saturday just practice or are there heats as well?
Old 12 Sep 2003, 11:07 (Ref:716177)   #11
Peter S
Veteran

England
Durham
It seems like the approach now being taken is to run practice for all and then the first heats for Stock Hatch, Junior and Minicross on the Saturday, meaning that spectators can still get full value for there money from the Supercar and Modified categorys which will have all 3 heats on the Sunday.......that is what will be happening at Blyton next weekend as well - so i am told.
Old 12 Sep 2003, 14:47 (Ref:716503)   #12
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
That sounds almost like a bit of common sense being applied! I suppose that by the time of the Brands round the light will be failing towards the end of the day so the time factor is more critical.
Old 12 Sep 2003, 19:12 (Ref:716829)   #13
winnie
Racer

winnie has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Sounds good for the spectator but not so good for the supercar or modified competitor who has to be at Brands at 9am Sat and has to wait until Sun for his first race and then has to wait until its nearly dark for his last race.
Old 12 Sep 2003, 19:24 (Ref:716839)   #14
bigted
Veteran

bigted should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
HMmm, heats on saturday, I know alot of competitors who wont like that.