Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 27 Oct 2004, 08:39 (Ref:1137439)   #1
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
TKR... the way forward...

All change seems the flavour of the day at TKR...

It seems the new driver for TKR has been secured, a new car for the new year, a technical assistance partnership has come to fruition, and a new workshop location has been found.

In terms of driver, I am reliably informed that Mr Paul Radisich has agreed to terms to drive for TKR, for a number of seasons.

The driver sorted, a new car was required for the new season, one equipped with an Aurora engine, as the Supercar technical regulations have mandated a change to this powerplant (Finally!) for all VY Commodores.

Mr John's crew will apparently have Mr Morris' 2004 #29 "Daisy" chassis at their disposal for 2005. Brand new after Pukekohe, this car has been very quick, and will run similar specifications in chassis and PMM-supplied Aurora engines to the 2005 #29 PMM car.

By inference, this (more than!) suggests that there will be technical assistance & support from PMM to TKR for the preparation and operation of this car.

Rumours in the motorsport press that TKR was looking to move to Queensland appear to be well founded, with workshop space inside the PMM complex at Norwell apparently being made available to the TKR team.

As part of the technical support, I have been led to understand that the Sandown/Bathurst enduro pairing for 2005 is likely to be #29 with Mr Morris and Mr Radisich aboard (reliving a shared experience in an Audi SuperTourer way back in 2000 for BJR). This would partner two very experienced operators, and arguably give Mr Morris his best chance at the Bathurst success with his own team.

It seems Mr Gurr is not out of the PMM picture as was much touted 'round here. The plan seems to be for this driver to continue to run in V8Lites for Smiths Trucks in their ex-PMM VY, again with PMM technical assistance, to add to the experience bank, with the payoff of leading the TKR car in the Sandown/Bathurst enduros. Additional support for a talented kid in a similar car to that he will use in the enduros shows PMM still has confidence in the guy.

It also appears that Mr Porter's involvement in the team is downscaled. It was suggested that Holden played some part in bringing the new driver to the team, so presumably this is why the Hyundai sponsorship is not likely to reappear at TKR.

All in all, this seems like a very strong result for Mr John and the TKR supporters. Congrats to all who worked hard to finalise the deal...

“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 27 Oct 2004, 08:45 (Ref:1137446)   #2
pete55
Veteran

pete55 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sounds like good news for TKR. Hopefully they will get rid of all the prominent TKR signs off of the car and replace them with paying sponsors, enabling them to run the car to it's obvious competiveness.
Old 27 Oct 2004, 08:46 (Ref:1137447)   #3
DAVID PATERSON
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Qld, Australia
DAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
So TKR and their sponsors are happy to lend their driver out for the biggest race of the year, the one with the huge audience and TV ratings?????
Old 27 Oct 2004, 08:47 (Ref:1137449)   #4
DAVID PATERSON
Veteran

Australia
Brisbane, Qld, Australia
DAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDAVID PATERSON should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I thought Alan Gurr was an Australian. Does that preclude him from driving for the team? If not, are the sponsors happy about having an Aussie in THEIR car?
Old 27 Oct 2004, 08:50 (Ref:1137451)   #5
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
TKR as a marketing concept remains intact... presumably another Kiwi of note will be conscripted to take the second seat in the enduros to help share the load, and Kiwi-ise the operation.

This should be a very strong team next year..
Old 27 Oct 2004, 08:52 (Ref:1137452)   #6
pete55
Veteran

pete55 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
It might also improve the Morris car as well now that there will be extra data to sort through.
Old 27 Oct 2004, 10:37 (Ref:1137576)   #7
retro
Veteran

Australia
....Qld....
retro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridretro should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
If the *rat* can get some speed out of that car I am looking forward to seeing him bounce it off the walls. ;-)

»-(¯`v´¯)-»........................The retro report........................©®»-(¯`v´¯)-» ê¿~

Disclaimer; the above is pure speculation and only posted for entertainment purposes!!!
Old 27 Oct 2004, 10:43 (Ref:1137580)   #8
Mattracer
Veteran

Mattracer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Not literaly I hope.

As an aside, wih the (slightly) new VZ range out and about, (new tailight detail, squarer headlights), will there be an update in 2005 to VZ cosmetically? In prevous seasons, the updated tailight detail has been incorporated for the Ford examples eg, 96/97 EF/EL updates.

Permanent circuits- the life blood of motorsport
Old 27 Oct 2004, 21:40 (Ref:1138269)   #9
Evomike
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland, New Zealand
Evomike should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Of course we would wlcome Ratty! Oh I hope this is true sounds almost too good to be true I can't wait until some sort of announcement
Old 28 Oct 2004, 00:32 (Ref:1138400)   #10
nicko
Racer

nicko should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Great News, I think. I would rather see Paul race for team kiwi at the enduros. I hope they also keep some sort of HQ in NZ.

Hopefully every thing is sorted out know, so i can go have a chat to David about the 2005 livery
Old 28 Oct 2004, 00:38 (Ref:1138401)   #11
Chappelli
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland
Chappelli should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridChappelli should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hey Nicko, have you got a website or somewhere we can check out examples of your work?
Old 28 Oct 2004, 02:04 (Ref:1138433)   #12
nicko
Racer

nicko should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I run a webdesign business (im a graphic designer) I gave these car liveries a shot but its such a cutthroat and changing industry that ive gone and designed something only to find out that they dont need my services anymore, not worth my time.

But i always have time for TKR (especially now that hyundai logo is gone).
Old 28 Oct 2004, 03:32 (Ref:1138477)   #13
BAZzzzz c
Veteran

United Kingdom
AUCKLAND
BAZzzzz c has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
Oh yes, Ive been away but I'm back now..

Will Paul drive for David? or will Paul drive for Paul? Will they be in a Holden ? Or will it turn out to be a Morris??Will livery be retained or will Nico get his chance? Will Burt get captured by aliens, Did Mary kill Chester and will Chuck get splinters from playing with Bob. Do you want Benson to get that?? Confused? You will be, after this episode of......................
Mr prolificus postus'' GTR Magic, ?? Wherefore dost thy erstwhile information cometh from??
How certain are you that what you scribe is in fact..fact.?
When will an announcement be made, from nearer the canopy, that confirms (or denies) the girth of your trunk. ?
All this.... and much more... in this weeks episode of..............
Old 28 Oct 2004, 03:36 (Ref:1138481)   #14
Bimmerhead
Racer

Bimmerhead should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I see the medicine is working!!
Old 28 Oct 2004, 03:38 (Ref:1138482)   #15
BAZzzzz c
Veteran

United Kingdom
AUCKLAND
swhlowly bit shorlee lol
Old 28 Oct 2004, 03:58 (Ref:1138490)   #16
smithers
Racer

Australia
smithers should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by BAZzzzz c
Oh yes, Ive been away but I'm back now..

Wherefore dost thy erstwhile information cometh from??
This weeks Motorsport News.
Old 28 Oct 2004, 04:35 (Ref:1138499)   #17
BAZzzzz c
Veteran

United Kingdom
AUCKLAND
Thanks Smithers. Is that an Ozz Publication? If so I wont see it. I get AA from Ozz about a week and a half late (More like a History lesson really) so i guess i will have to wait for that. and thanks anyway.
Old 28 Oct 2004, 06:28 (Ref:1138535)   #18
Vee8
Racer

Vee8 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Re: TKR... the way forward...

Quote:
Originally posted by GTRMagic
It also appears that Mr Porter's involvement in the team is downscaled.
What did the world's greatest PR guy, Mike Porter, do to deserve this demotion?

Oh, yeah, right ... there's that other Porter bloke involved in this new marriage as well ...
Old 28 Oct 2004, 10:52 (Ref:1138716)   #19
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Aw well... you knew what I meant...
Old 29 Oct 2004, 01:16 (Ref:1139430)   #20
flyingduck
Veteran

flyingduck should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Good on Team Kiwi getting Rat I think he was the only one who will give them as much of a chance as Baird. It's good to hear the closer association with aul Morris hope they don't get the same gurr treatment
Old 29 Oct 2004, 01:39 (Ref:1139454)   #21
Evomike
Veteran

New Zealand
Auckland, New Zealand
Evomike should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by flyingduck
Good on Team Kiwi getting Rat I think he was the only one who will give them as much of a chance as Baird. It's good to hear the closer association with aul Morris hope they don't get the same gurr treatment
Nothing has been announced yet, It's only speculation.
Old 29 Oct 2004, 02:30 (Ref:1139477)   #22
flyingduck
Veteran

flyingduck should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Sorry Evo well I hope that it is right I'm not a TKR fan but with the Rat there I could start to look better at them if it's Gurr you won't see me buy a black shirt any time soon
Old 31 Oct 2004, 02:23 (Ref:1140955)   #23
Timu
Veteran

New Zealand
Waiuku, New Zealand
Timu should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
TKR was at PMM before the indy, they were in the same block as John Tuelans Ferrari team.

I saw the Hyundai sinage being replaced by BNT.

The strange thing was that I was told at dinner that Alan Gurr was going to run for TKR??

Strategically it is a masterstroke to have PMM as the supplier and partner, they have built their own cars and they have been quick at every track.
Old 31 Oct 2004, 06:17 (Ref:1141003)   #24
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
Mr Gurr probably made the signwriting for TKR
Old 31 Oct 2004, 10:38 (Ref:1141155)   #25
Just Do It!
Veteran

Just Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJust Do It! should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
And, possibly, your source had dipped into the Sirromet product a wee bit, Timu

Last edited by Just Do It!; 31 Oct 2004 at 10:44.