Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 2 Jul 2004, 21:13 (Ref:1024095)   #26
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
He hasn't made the racing any worse.

There's no less overtaking now than in the 80s and 90s.
Old 2 Jul 2004, 21:23 (Ref:1024103)   #27
Tweed
Veteran

Wales
North Wales
Tweed should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Okay, he's not taken the opportunity to make it BETTER then, has he?
Old 2 Jul 2004, 22:54 (Ref:1024174)   #28
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
I would strongly dispute that claim, "Kicking - back".
Old 4 Jul 2004, 22:49 (Ref:1026201)   #29
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Back to the topic.

Who will replace him? There will be an election if there is more than one candidate. In most things like this there are manoeuvrings. We haven't seen any so far. Perhaps this is an indication that it really is a surprise. Additionally there have been little serious conjecture from the press (is it easier to make up a story about fanciful driver changes?).

Could it be some one from the UK MSA? The Chairman John Grant? I know little of how likely this is to be fair. I also know little of the other ASNs, other than Jacques Regis who speaks up occasionally - was last weeks out-burst manoeuvring? Speaking generally a guy like John Grant would be good for motorsport across the board and would certainly put the case of the club competitor out there.

This is so difficult because of the scope of the FIA. Can anyone fulfil that role?

Who's to say that the guy won't come from an organisation that isn't motorsport based?

Other useful links:
FIA Structure
MSA
UK FIA member clubs (as an example of the range)
Index to all clubs worldwide - see how many there are!
Old 5 Jul 2004, 01:46 (Ref:1026282)   #30
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Briatore is a good candidate... for the next president of FOCA.
Old 5 Jul 2004, 08:09 (Ref:1026432)   #31
Attila
Racer

Attila should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mekola Briatore does not car for FIA only for business. Motorsport is not his passion and he will openly addmitt it. According to him it is a form of business and he deals with his team as if it was a company. And he is doing a damn good job of it.

I think the best candidate would be Stewart. He cares he is highly respected he knows other sides of the job not just F1. He is well known advocate for road safety, etc.. He would be perfect.

Tamás I told to many people before that I used to work for the company that managed Zsolt. I was the one responsible for Zsolt getting into F3000. He is still a good friend of mine, even though I will addmitt his shortcomeings.

Cheers,
Old 5 Jul 2004, 10:19 (Ref:1026500)   #32
Pete Fenelon
Racer

Pete Fenelon should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
As I posted elsewhere a few days ago...

Quote:
I have identified the ideal candidate to replace Max.

He's got extensive negotiating experience at the highest levels.
He's popular in Europe and North America.
He's out of work at the moment.
He's used to dealing with vast budgets, monstrous egos and insane
legislation.
He's been investigated a lot. And nothing ever sticks.
He's an accomplished public speaker.
He's just finished writing his autobiography and the PR tour will be
mostly over by the time Max steps down.
He and his Mrs can't stand each other any more so he can move to Paris
or Geneva to run the FIA, no sweat.

Ladies and gentlemen, I commend unto you, perhaps not entirely
seriously, William Jefferson Clinton....

A friend points out that he's popular with the ladies too - always willing to splash out on a new dress ;P
Old 5 Jul 2004, 10:56 (Ref:1026525)   #33
spider
Veteran

England
London
spider should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridspider should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think Brundle would be a great man for the job. Respected, an ex-racer, and in-tune with what the fans want. He has many connections down the pitlane, and I honestly feel he'd do a superb job. Ok, it does mean he'd leave the ITV commentary booth with a vacancy, but Ted Kravitz could step in...imagine an Allen/Kravitz combo - lethal!
Old 5 Jul 2004, 13:12 (Ref:1026697)   #34
Kicking-back
Veteran

Kicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridKicking-back should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
People are thinking of this too much from an F1 perspective, rather than the actual job of FIA president.
Old 5 Jul 2004, 14:46 (Ref:1026808)   #35
mark_l
Veteran

England
mark_l should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridmark_l should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think the French Motorsport Federation boss Jacques Regis is in line for the job.
Old 5 Jul 2004, 16:38 (Ref:1026917)   #36
Super Tourer
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
East Anglia
Super Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Regis has said he is not planning to stand, not that this is exactly the same as not going to stand, as any political commentator will know!

http://www.grandprix.com/ns/ns13171.html
Old 5 Jul 2004, 16:45 (Ref:1026922)   #37
alesi95
Veteran

alesi95 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Has Jackie Stewart commented on the current situation.
I imagine he would be qualified but turn down the job.
He partly jacked in Stewart Gp because he wanted to spend more time with his family and he has his plate full with trying to save the British Gp.
Old 5 Jul 2004, 17:24 (Ref:1026978)   #38
Super Tourer
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
East Anglia
Super Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridSuper Tourer should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
and representing the Royal Bank of Scotland!
Old 5 Jul 2004, 17:57 (Ref:1026995)   #39
Phoenix1
Veteran

Phoenix1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I hope it is someone who is a fan of motorsport and not just F1 because they will be the FIA (not F1) president and do not forget that includes safety in cars with Euro NCAP etc... they should have a background where they have held there own and take no cry baby tactics from anyone and know are willing to hurt a formula in the short term for a long term gain. I hope they have never worked for or been associated with a F1 team, it avoids confict of intreast/unconcious bias, but have worked at some point in a motorsport enviroment be it supplying oil to formula lawnmower or racing there car on a sunday afternoon for fun.
Old 5 Jul 2004, 18:00 (Ref:1026997)   #40
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Nigel Mansell!
Old 7 Jul 2004, 18:13 (Ref:1029494)   #41
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Autosport have some suggestions. Their six are:
  • Tony Purnell
  • Herman Tomczyk
  • Michel Boeri
  • Charlie Whiting
  • Gerhard Berger
  • Jackie Stewart
Well Tomczyk and Boeri have backgrounds in ASNs (Germany and Monaco respectively) so these seem natural choices to me.

Stewart, has been discussed a lot here already. Berger? Surely he doesn't want it?

Purnell? Interesting. He comes from a commercial background, has been invloved with several teams (from the outside in some cases) and loves the sport and motoring. Interesting.

Whiting? Well that is surprising for me. His role now isn't really one htat develops into the presidents role. Although he has dealt with a lot of the aspects that concern the president.
Old 7 Jul 2004, 18:28 (Ref:1029508)   #42
Super Tourer
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
East Anglia
I think Berger would qualify on calling a spade a spade!