Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > National & International Single Seaters

Old 4 Jun 2021, 14:14 (Ref:4054616)   #1
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
F2 Baku rounds - 3 races again!

Liam Lawson was fastest in qualy, ironically for the reversed grid first race! Hopefully he will bee infingement free this weekend!

Vips, Piastri, Pourchaire, Ticktum were next up.

Marcus Armstrong was fastest for most of the session but couldn't improve and dropped to 6th.

Lundgaard had been in the top 4 for a long time too but ended up a lowly 12th

Shwartzman once again disappointed only netting 10th quickest but will start from pole. This gives him a real chance to get his expected title challenge back on track.

So the grid for race 1 is:
Shwartzman
Deruvala
Zhou
Boschung
Armstrong
Ticktum
Pourchaire
Piastri
Vips
Lawson
Old 5 Jun 2021, 08:10 (Ref:4054675)   #2
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
tux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
DRS is a nonsense, thanks.
Old 5 Jun 2021, 14:05 (Ref:4054707)   #3
skells22
Veteran

skells22 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
As we know f2 is in a delay due to f1
Old 6 Jun 2021, 06:27 (Ref:4054798)   #4
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Great win for Vips, especially after losing a win to gearbox problems in Bahrain
Old 6 Jun 2021, 11:41 (Ref:4054821)   #5
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
If Tantrum could develop a racing brain, he’d be really quick.

I hope Carlin are charging him extra for being troublesome. They have a very quick car being wasted at the moment.
Old 7 Jun 2021, 04:30 (Ref:4055044)   #6
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by peebee2 View Post
If Tantrum could develop a racing brain, he’d be really quick.

I hope Carlin are charging him extra for being troublesome. They have a very quick car being wasted at the moment.
Boneheaded move imto T3 in the feature race that took Theo and Marcus out. He deserves a further penal for whinging on and on about it.

A few guys didn't make the most of the weekend. Vips, Piastri and Shwartzman certainly did though.

I can't help but feel that once Lawson connects all the dots he will be a regular winner.

Zhou was very ordinary across the weekend and not looking great for Lundgard either.
Old 7 Jun 2021, 17:58 (Ref:4055198)   #7
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
tux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Théo Pourchaire fractured his arm/wrist (depending which source you read) in the first lap of race 3 after the collision with Ticktum/Armstrong. Fortunately for him the next round isnt until July 16th at Silverstone & Dr Google tells me it takes 6-8 weeks to recover from a fractured arm/wrist so hopefully he wont have to sit out.
Old 8 Jun 2021, 13:35 (Ref:4055298)   #8
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by tux View Post
Théo Pourchaire fractured his arm/wrist (depending which source you read) in the first lap of race 3 after the collision with Ticktum/Armstrong. Fortunately for him the next round isnt until July 16th at Silverstone & Dr Google tells me it takes 6-8 weeks to recover from a fractured arm/wrist so hopefully he wont have to sit out.
Hope so, he's a cracking driver! (excuse the pun)

Bizarre that we are having such long gaps between rounds - 3 races a weekend is great but i'd prefer 2 a weekend at most of the euro tracks.

I know the pandemic was the reason the calendar is how it is but surely one or two events could still have been added in?

If it's ok for F1 to go to France and Austria, surely it is for F2 as well.
Old 11 Jun 2021, 22:23 (Ref:4055790)   #9
gomick
Race Official
Veteran

Australia
Gobur 3719...
gomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridgomick should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Isnt Austria having fans back as well?
Old 11 Jun 2021, 22:32 (Ref:4055794)   #10
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post
Hope so, he's a cracking driver! (excuse the pun)

Bizarre that we are having such long gaps between rounds - 3 races a weekend is great but i'd prefer 2 a weekend at most of the euro tracks.

I know the pandemic was the reason the calendar is how it is but surely one or two events could still have been added in?

If it's ok for F1 to go to France and Austria, surely it is for F2 as well.
It’s nothing to do with Covid. It’s about not having F2 and F3 on the same weekends to save money.
Old 11 Jun 2021, 23:10 (Ref:4055803)   #11
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by peebee2 View Post
It’s nothing to do with Covid. It’s about not having F2 and F3 on the same weekends to save money.
Covid has been a convenient excuse in that case!