Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 15 Jun 2022, 07:19 (Ref:4115680)   #1
WestHam92
Rookie

European Union
WestHam92 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Taxi to and from Silverstone

Hi,

Apologies for such an early post about the British Grand Prix, but I'm looking to book train travel to Silverstone with some friends and wondered about taxis.

We're planning to get the train to Wolverton and a taxi to the track, but where should we ask the driver to take us and where do we go to get a taxi back? I imagine we need to pre-book for both journeys!

Thanks very much
Old 15 Jun 2022, 09:41 (Ref:4115707)   #2
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Hope you enjoy the British GP. Have to confess I've never known of people getting a taxi there, especially considering the traffic that comes into the circuit. I'm not sure where's the furthest you can walk from to the circuit realistically
Old 15 Jun 2022, 09:59 (Ref:4115709)   #3
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
There are a few options, including the following:

'Virgin Trains has negotiated a special deal with Silverstone for fans traveling to the circuit on race day. Extra trains run to Milton Keynes and Banbury, with shuttle bus transfers to the circuit included in the ticket price.'
'Stagecoach runs regular buses on British Grand Prix weekend from the train stations in Northampton and Milton Keynes to Silverstone. Single day return tickets cost £20-25, 3-day tickets are £37-40.'
'Choose the flexibility of Megabus. With 20KG baggage allowance and up to 21 cities departing for Silverstone across the weekend, Megabus coaches gets you right to the entrance gate and back again with little fuss. '
'Taxis are also readily available to take you from the train station to the circuit – you shouldn’t pay more than £35 GBP for a one-way trip between from Silverstone and Banbury, Northampton or Milton Keynes train stations. Stick to licenced vehicles and steer clear of private minicabs if possible.'
Old 16 Jun 2022, 02:30 (Ref:4115832)   #4
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Depends on the line and where your coming from I suppose, but as crmalcolm quotes, Milton Keynes is the station to get to for Silverstone.

I’ve been to evening events at Silverstone and needed a taxi to get home which was past MK. £35 seems fair.

But, reading crmalcolm’s post, you could get the Megabus. This wins because it is called Megabus. It must be Mega!