Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 19 Jun 2022, 16:01 (Ref:4116319)   #2751
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Ah that makes sense. To be fair it's easy to find holes in Horner's logic a lot of the time, so I can see why Croft did it. Maybe I need to see the interview myself

Horner does have a point though, but he maybe fails to realise it's about keeping the drivers safe. So he's not completely right here
Old 19 Jun 2022, 20:28 (Ref:4116368)   #2752
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Was thinking during today's telecast that Sky must really think that their Sky Q and Sky Glass customers are really dumb - otherwise why feel the need to remind them over and over again about being able to press the red button.

Coverage in Canada has been good - personally I think that Danica is good in the role and the direction through the race was pretty good.
Old 20 Jun 2022, 10:30 (Ref:4116413)   #2753
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourer View Post
Was thinking during today's telecast that Sky must really think that their Sky Q and Sky Glass customers are really dumb - otherwise why feel the need to remind them over and over again about being able to press the red button.

Coverage in Canada has been good - personally I think that Danica is good in the role and the direction through the race was pretty good.
The positive aspect of Danica Patrick and Naomi Shiff is they actually know what they are talking about The likes of Natalie Pinkum have clearly been hired for other attributes and are there just to supply pointless fluff. I have to say the way some of the female presenters flirt with the drivers and senior Team members makes my flesh crawl
Old 20 Jun 2022, 15:11 (Ref:4116437)   #2754
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Button and Patrick brought a lot to the broadcast specifically i thought while on the pre race grid. their cache among the drivers and guests in attendance...maybe its where they had positioned themselves on the grid but they seem much better at getting people to talk to them.

no disrespect to Brundle and while i used to love this part of the race buildup, but for me his grid walks have become a complete disaster. imo he is far better at commentary, his track walks, and set features where he has time to act in a far more composed way because he really does have a lot of knowledge to pass on.

an old guy running around chasing people stammering out obtuse questions in a noisy atmosphere...they need to rethink that bit imo.
Old 21 Jun 2022, 03:21 (Ref:4116490)   #2755
Skam85
Veteran

Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!
Martin's grid walk is iconic
Natalie Pinkham is a quality presenter
Old 22 Jun 2022, 08:38 (Ref:4116602)   #2756
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by billy bleach View Post
The likes of Natalie Pinkum have clearly been hired for other attributes
She's hired as a presenter not an expert. She's there to link everything together and move things along as needed. It's the same role Steve Jones does on C4 (and does well). A good presenter doesn't need to be an expert in the subject - and the difference a good presenter can make to the coverage overall is huge.
Old 22 Jun 2022, 10:13 (Ref:4116610)   #2757
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by BertMk2 View Post
She's hired as a presenter not an expert.

As much as many sports viewers want to see current / former competitors in front of camera, there is also a strong need for the right presenter to work alongside any analysts.

Her career started behind the camera as a researcher and producer before she moved into presenting.
Old 22 Jun 2022, 13:19 (Ref:4116629)   #2758
Casper
Veteran

Casper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCasper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourer View Post
Horner's point? Porpoising or bouncing is due to car designs that the teams have control over and can change. High inflationary rate is impacted on teams' budgets and is something that they can't influence or control.
As has been pointed out by other TP's the budget is totally controllable but Horner wants to game the system and do it his way and I suspect Toto is in full agreement. Horner & Toto are the consummate politicians/lobbyist within F1 and I doubt they like being told they can't have anymore money. Rather than toe the line like all the other teams have agreed to do they want to do it their way.
Old 2 Jul 2022, 13:03 (Ref:4117804)   #2759
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
billy bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridbilly bleach should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Might be handy if the Formula W commentators swatted up on the rule book rather than bluffing through the commentary ..?
Old 3 Jul 2022, 16:42 (Ref:4117973)   #2760
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
Nice work Motorsport UK the Chief Marshall infront of Martin Brundell who was polite but bemused only to see her on the podium presenting at the end of the race and clearly felling embarrassed at not knowing who she was before. Wouldn’t have killed Motorsport UK to have briefed him would it?……. Still run like a Gentelmens club….
Old 3 Jul 2022, 19:14 (Ref:4118017)   #2761
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
My only live race of the season and I thought C4 did a pretty good job.
Old 3 Jul 2022, 19:21 (Ref:4118018)   #2762
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Same for me, and I agree.

Glad I can catch C4
Old 4 Jul 2022, 01:00 (Ref:4118095)   #2763
dsg
Veteran

Thailand
Chonburi
dsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Unfortunately we only had the Sky coverage and it was extreme cringeworthy from start to finish. Almost spoilt a good race.
Old 4 Jul 2022, 01:58 (Ref:4118098)   #2764
schanche
Veteran

England
5OUTH E4ST
schanche should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
C4 all the way, David and Mark are a great double act but for me Lee McKenzie is the stand out presenter great at her job an popular with the teams and drivers it seems
Old 4 Jul 2022, 08:56 (Ref:4118138)   #2765
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Agreed, even Alex has calmed down plus there was some pretty good banter between them all thoughout the weekend.
Old 4 Jul 2022, 13:17 (Ref:4118193)   #2766
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
Quote:
Originally Posted by schanche View Post
C4 all the way, David and Mark are a great double act but for me Lee McKenzie is the stand out presenter great at her job an popular with the teams and drivers it seems
Indeed She doesn't seem to feel the need to flirt with the drivers Natalie Pinkums piece with Lando Norris was flesh crawling she old enough to be his Mum !
Old 4 Jul 2022, 14:28 (Ref:4118206)   #2767
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Yes it was good to have F1 live for a change and C4 coverage was excellent, they have a good mix on the team and all seem to be enjoying themselves with is good.
Old 5 Jul 2022, 10:58 (Ref:4118302)   #2768
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by GT6 View Post
Yes it was good to have F1 live for a change and C4 coverage was excellent, they have a good mix on the team and all seem to be enjoying themselves with is good.
They were clearly relishing their rare opportunity to cover a race live.
Old 10 Jul 2022, 06:46 (Ref:4118823)   #2769
Derwent
Racer

Derwent is heading for a stewards' enquiry!
Who is the new female presenter or C4's coverage?
Old 10 Jul 2022, 07:00 (Ref:4118825)   #2770
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
They had a clip with Naomi Schiff who is actually employed by Sky, but she's the W Series diversity ambassador and has a connection with the C4 team, since DC is a leading light for that series.
Old 10 Jul 2022, 17:44 (Ref:4118963)   #2771
gary396
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northallerton
gary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Derwent View Post
Who is the new female presenter or C4's coverage?
Ariana Bravo did a couple of driver interviews in Austria - she runs a motorsport podcast I think. ‘Driven by Diversity’
Old 10 Jul 2022, 19:36 (Ref:4118981)   #2772
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
total rant to follow...

but with the exception of Naomi Schiff, was pretty disappointed by the SKY coverage and smaller team they chose (or covid had to) to bring to this race.

Brundle and Crofty did their usual so that is what it is at this point but for me Pinkham (is that her last name?) and Herbert are absolutely dreadful hosting.

Herbert seems to be consistently on the verge of making some obtuse and outdated statement but then, to his credit, thinks better of it and stops himself....problem is though he ends up instead not saying anything of consequence which to me (of course this is subjective) comes across and both Herbert and Pinkham just talking for the sake of talking.

watching them talk to the drivers is equally as painful. awkward conversations with mom and dad in public would be more entertaining.
Old 10 Jul 2022, 19:52 (Ref:4118984)   #2773
GT6
Veteran

England
MAIDSTONE, KENT, ENGLAND
GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!GT6 is going for a new world record!
Well had to watch c4, as no sky f1 but TBH happy with c4
Old 10 Jul 2022, 21:59 (Ref:4119001)   #2774
ScotsBrutesFan
Race Official
Veteran

Scotland
West Lothian
ScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameScotsBrutesFan will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
total rant to follow...

but with the exception of Naomi Schiff, was pretty disappointed by the SKY coverage and smaller team they chose (or covid had to) to bring to this race.

Brundle and Crofty did their usual so that is what it is at this point but for me Pinkham (is that her last name?) and Herbert are absolutely dreadful hosting.

Herbert seems to be consistently on the verge of making some obtuse and outdated statement but then, to his credit, thinks better of it and stops himself....problem is though he ends up instead not saying anything of consequence which to me (of course this is subjective) comes across and both Herbert and Pinkham just talking for the sake of talking.

watching them talk to the drivers is equally as painful. awkward conversations with mom and dad in public would be more entertaining.
Lazenby has school age kids and usually takes time off as it's around the start of the English School summer holidays, dunno if that's the case this time. Chandhock kids are still very young, and so isn't travelling as much this season.

Paul Di Resta was racing the new Peugeot hypercar at the WEC event at Monza.
Ant Davidson is on the WEC commentary team now that he's hung up his driving gloves. And so isn't available for the clashing F1 events for Sky.

I must admit to preferring Rachel Brookes style of presentation and interviewing over Natalie Pinkham. I actually prefer her doing the "non-crofty" FP sessions as well. She seems willing to move around between her bullet point preparation rather than forcing the order.

Pinkham doesn't seem to want to deviate from her pre-set list of questions or points she want's to raise, which comes across as her being very wooden. As such the pundits are often left clearly frustrated as they either want to move the conversation on, or have seen something around them worth mentioning.

Brundle was obviously not on screen as much since he was clearly having to nurse his sore throat and croaky voice.

Herbert to me is a good third, he has experience, but acknowledges his lack of knowledge on on current cars.

Schiff continues to impress both with her knowledge and screen presence.
Old 23 Jul 2022, 15:02 (Ref:4120226)   #2775
billy bleach
Veteran

Ireland
Cork
Is it me or is the “crowd reaction” dubbed on? Weird it sounds the same everywhere…..

Tags
pinks