Related Sites: trackrooms.co.uk Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Racing Talk > Trackside

Old 6 Jul 2020, 15:59 (Ref:3986281)   #1
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Petit Le Mans 2020

Just ordered my ticket and parking pass. I thought it might be a good idea to get this done early in case they limit tickets as they have done for Le Mans.

I am not sure if I can get my brother to come along this year, he is super busy in Colorado but I know my dad would like to attend. Getting him there is going to be tricky logistically unless he comes here first and rides with me.

Speaking of rides, I will hopefully not be taking my old Mazda 3 this year. It has done the last 7 Petits but I said last year it was going to be its last trip. I thought it would be because I had a new 3 to take, but alas that isn't happening.
Old 6 Jul 2020, 23:49 (Ref:3986363)   #2
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
It’s annoying that this has ended up so close to Sebring now.
Old 6 Jul 2020, 23:54 (Ref:3986364)   #3
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
It’s annoying that this has ended up so close to Sebring now.
That is why I was never able to make the wec race in Texas, it was only 2 weeks before Petit and I couldn't make it work.

But that being said, will you make both?
Old 7 Jul 2020, 00:36 (Ref:3986370)   #4
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I can’t really justify it. Maybe next year. Perhaps Petit and not Sebring. Although one of the advantages is I have a friend who comes over as he works for one of the WEC teams. It was always good to catch up with him at Le Mans and I hoped to do the same at Sebring. But if they are seven months apart and I do need to justify the tent I bought.
Old 10 Jul 2020, 18:36 (Ref:3987275)   #5
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
Just ordered my ticket and parking pass. I thought it might be a good idea to get this done early in case they limit tickets as they have done for Le Mans. .
Hmmm, yeah, maybe that's a good idea. broad has a annual pass and has only seen two broke F1 Ferraris and maybe Boris Said turn a few laps. Maybe a comp for next year? Same with buying PLM tix now?

I'm still not getting any hopes up for anything and then if it happens; YAY!

Quote:
I am not sure if I can get my brother to come along this year, he is super busy in Colorado but I know my dad would like to attend. Getting him there is going to be tricky logistically unless he comes here first and rides with me.

Speaking of rides, I will hopefully not be taking my old Mazda 3 this year. It has done the last 7 Petits but I said last year it was going to be its last trip. I thought it would be because I had a new 3 to take, but alas that isn't happening
I've been hoping my brother comes back and sleeps in his coffin again, but unless shat happens or something drastically changes with my job, the van, with 50 yr anniversary IMSA sticker, rides again!
Old 22 Jul 2020, 12:22 (Ref:3990167)   #6
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!fieldodreams79 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
The SCCA event at the end of this month is closed to spectators. MotoAmerica will allow folks as normal justa wekk after. Seems this would be backwards, ATM, but perhaps it's an SCCA policy?

https://www.roadatlanta.com/events/event-schedule

Ugg, just looking at the ticket sale site, they're calling it MPLM, not PLM...and it looks like they've gone up in tent camping prices, again. Come on, Bib! Pay your bills!

Old 4 Aug 2020, 13:56 (Ref:3992917)   #7
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
We could change to the title of the thread to 2020 Atlanta GP Plus MPLM @ Michelin Raceway Road Atlanta....

I'm not sure I'm gonna make the Labor day event or not. Already have family plans. We'll see, but one thing is for sure; it's gon' be hot on Labor day weekend!!
Old 20 Aug 2020, 15:02 (Ref:3996689)   #8
scottypinthemix
Racer

United States
atlanta
scottypinthemix should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
we'll be heading to the 6 hours sat/sun.
not sure yet how many of us.
A lot of our GA bunch live an hour'ish from the track so we'll prolly drive up early each morning.

Haven't even given any thought to PLM yet.
We just pushed our RV rental for Sebring from November out to 2021 in March. Not sure if we'll be making the trip down for November or not.

This year is sh!t.
Old 20 Aug 2020, 15:13 (Ref:3996694)   #9
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottypinthemix View Post
we'll be heading to the 6 hours sat/sun.
not sure yet how many of us.
A lot of our GA bunch live an hour'ish from the track so we'll prolly drive up early each morning.

Haven't even given any thought to PLM yet.
We just pushed our RV rental for Sebring from November out to 2021 in March. Not sure if we'll be making the trip down for November or not.

This year is sh!t.
I think the labor day event will be a good dress rehearsal for Petit. I'm guessing fan count will be down, but maybe some will choose the first event over the second potentially keeping Petit numbers lower too.
Old 20 Aug 2020, 15:29 (Ref:3996697)   #10
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
The fam booked a weekend at the lake well before the GP was announced so I'm likely gonna miss it. Sounds like camping is minimal at the GP and the schedule is a little funky but I may drive over for a day, get a ticket at the gate, ride my bike around the track and watch cars.

But yeah, Scotty, this year has been the pits but at least the weather is likely our least concern, amirite? Hope you and yours are well!!
Old 30 Aug 2020, 18:06 (Ref:3999035)   #11
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Going through a closet and found a tub full of old T shirts. Check these out
Old 30 Aug 2020, 22:58 (Ref:3999132)   #12
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
They are brilliant.
Old 1 Sep 2020, 16:06 (Ref:3999469)   #13
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Those shirts are in good shape. All my old shirts are in tatters.

I got this email from the track regarding rules for this weekends race. Not sure if the same will apply for Petit

Quote:
As a special note, all guests should be aware of a few measures in place for the safety of all fans, teams and staff in attendance:

All guests will be required to bring and wear face coverings when interacting with those outside of their group
Guests will be screened prior to entering the event gates; initial screening will include questions regarding current health status and potential exposure, as well as a non-contact temperature check
Strict adherence to the CDC-recommended 6’ social distancing will be mandated onsite
Individual bottles of hand sanitizer will be provided to guests upon entry
Multiple handwashing and hand sanitizing stations will be placed throughout the facility
A “Clean Team” of staff will be cleaning and disinfecting restrooms and other public areas throughout the weekend
Both the infield paddock and Tower Paddock are off-limits to guests
No autograph sessions or public gridwalk will be available
No shuttles will be available - all infield parking is free
Old 1 Sep 2020, 20:44 (Ref:3999521)   #14
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
Those shirts are in good shape. All my old shirts are in tatters.
I guess that's what happens when you wear them!

Quote:
I got this email from the track regarding rules for this weekends race. Not sure if the same will apply for Petit
It probably will, if not be even more strict. Numbers here are really odd right now and hard to gauge 2 months, but I think it'll be similar.
Old 3 Sep 2020, 13:07 (Ref:3999807)   #15
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I've been talking with Adam Ellis at the track trying to get a feel for what we'd be allowed this weekend and trying to gauge the safety and reasonable behavior. He claims Petit is still scheduled to have all the usual rules and tickets sold will be honored. There's no plan to refund and lock out fans who've purchased camping passes.

This weekend the full track is open for fans but camping is limited. The mask rule was dialed back from all times in the property to the Daytona rule of outside of your area it seems. He would not let me have anyone outside of my family join my camping area and all campers outside of season pass holders were stuck in the "backstretch" camping areas in your assigned space. The paddocks are closed and they expect again for Petit as well, guess we'll miss the 45 min call to clear the grid this season. Media is even limited and blocked access to the paddock again as per IMSA.
Old 3 Sep 2020, 15:56 (Ref:3999847)   #16
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
I mean, I guess I won't be camping at PLM. I don't mind sleeping in my own bed for a change but hate the coming and going from the track. Such a waste of time.
Old 3 Sep 2020, 19:29 (Ref:3999904)   #17
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
I mean, I guess I won't be camping at PLM. I don't mind sleeping in my own bed for a change but hate the coming and going from the track. Such a waste of time.
I think i read Andrews message different. He was saying the family restrictions were for this weekend and Petit could be different. This weekend there was assigned camping maybe? but Petit not so much. Plus i already purchased my stuff so sounds like that will be honored.
Old 3 Sep 2020, 19:32 (Ref:3999905)   #18
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!broadrun96 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
You should be good for camping but may need your own tent if your host family won't have you for the week. He claimed this morning it's still business as usual, I asked about early entry because the HSR event is the week before and I want to prepare him to ask about leaving my tent and kitchen up Sunday and Monday before I'm back Tuesday afternoon

Exactly what joeb said.
Old 3 Sep 2020, 19:52 (Ref:3999906)   #19
fieldodreams79
Veteran

United States
The Dirty South
I've yet to purchase anything BUT I'm still a bit confused. How are they considering "camping areas"? Per car or per tent pass? How much space is that? Do you have to set up your tent 6 ft from others? Can we be "a group"?

And yeah, I don't think it's the best idea to share a tent with anyone outside my "normal contacts" for a few months.
Old 3 Sep 2020, 20:53 (Ref:3999916)   #20
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Quote:
Originally Posted by fieldodreams79 View Post
I've yet to purchase anything BUT I'm still a bit confused. How are they considering "camping areas"? Per car or per tent pass? How much space is that? Do you have to set up your tent 6 ft from others? Can we be "a group"?

And yeah, I don't think it's the best idea to share a tent with anyone outside my "normal contacts" for a few months.
You don't want to share a tent with peeps, but what about an Apache?

And alcohol kills this virus thing, so i think we'll be safe in any event!
Old 3 Sep 2020, 20:55 (Ref:3999918)   #21
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
From what I was told Morgan could join me this weekend at Turn3/4 even without having the season pass. But you, Bacon's and anyone else would have to be outside along the back.

For Petit no rules have been written yet so you can in theory camp anywhere and infect your host if he's approved of it. The camp site can be combined and I don't think they'd blink a bit about it. I have no problem setting up my usual stuff since we're all outside. Might space ourselves out a bit more when sitting but think we can make it work.

That said, next week we could see new rules and things go sideways. But with the numbers trending the way they are I'm thinking more of this isn't a shtt show we'll see normal Petit. I'm considering buying a roll of caution or whatever tape to fence it off so not cut through. Possibly make a path between us and the neighbors for community access without going through
Old 4 Sep 2020, 13:45 (Ref:4000051)   #22
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
I'm headed north in about an hour or so. If the boss asks I'm still at home on the porch on my iPad, does it really matter where I'm working remotely? I'll check out the craziness for this round. I'm hopeful things go smoothly and they don't enact crazy rules for Petit.
Old 4 Sep 2020, 14:21 (Ref:4000058)   #23
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
Just this
Old 4 Sep 2020, 20:49 (Ref:4000118)   #24
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
Thanks for the updates on the rules, and let us know what the feeling is like at the track after you spend a day there.

I mean after a couple days of no showering I don't try and sit too close to y'all anyways but I will still share my meat.
Old 4 Sep 2020, 21:47 (Ref:4000132)   #25
broadrun96
Veteran

United States
I've mellowed from my initial reaction. There is no enforcement of the stated policy possibly, or high take rate for fan pass holders in 3/4. It's fairly quiet for Friday, lots of drive by looking but it's 90 and humid without any cloud cover so AC is recommended, I'm sitting in the shade of my canopy and a fan going. I would not have wanted to camp, tent could bake bread this evening I think. Think I'll be back at 8 for warm up and the support races to get a feel for race day.

I do think I'll have to be here early on Tuesday for Petit to get our usual spot but what else do I have to do and have almost 100 hours of vacation accrued.