Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > ACO Regulated Series

Old 10 Sep 2022, 10:50 (Ref:4125503)   #476
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Good to see WEC have continued with their FP3 streaming - https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rTAVwlzi4Zg

Might actually be able to watch the Bahrain one live.
Old 10 Sep 2022, 13:14 (Ref:4125523)   #477
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Toyota's 1-2 in qualifying but not as far ahead as I think some assumed. 2 tenths away from the Alpine. Peugeot about 7 or 8 tenths back on Toyota. 1:29.2's for the top 2. Thats some 3+ seconds slower than current GT500 cars in Super GT.
Old 10 Sep 2022, 13:43 (Ref:4125533)   #478
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
That Alpine time was quite interesting given their straight line speed deficit. Those hypercar barges will naturally struggle a lot through the second sector so let's see for the race.
Old 10 Sep 2022, 15:08 (Ref:4125537)   #479
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Alpine's time was surprising. They may have a hard race passing traffic through the twisty bits.
Old 11 Sep 2022, 12:57 (Ref:4125663)   #480
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Not a word on the race haha

Not a classic it's fair to say. P2 and GT-Am contests were decent but a brutal lack of anything in the top class.

Peugeot without pace or reliability right now. The #7 Toyota appeared to go the wrong way on set-up. Ferrari surprised a bit with their dominance in GT-Pro.

P2 doing its best to hold the attention but next season can't come soon enough.
Old 11 Sep 2022, 13:00 (Ref:4125664)   #481
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Give us a chance. I’ve only just got up!

Although I have been told the result. So maybe I’ll watch it bit by bit over he week rather than today. It’s a big chunk of a day.
Old 12 Sep 2022, 08:02 (Ref:4125799)   #482
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
The level of disinterest in the race is quite telling though, isn't it....?
Old 12 Sep 2022, 09:12 (Ref:4125809)   #483
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!
I would have watched it if the race was available somewhere.

I had no plans to get up in the middle of the night and then not find a stream.
So I decided to stay in bed...
Old 12 Sep 2022, 11:43 (Ref:4125815)   #484
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Very true. And Audi wants to go to F1 - madness

I watched an hour and a bit and it was the only Motorsport I watched this weekend. That might be telling too!
Old 12 Sep 2022, 11:45 (Ref:4125817)   #485
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Yeah this was my thought. If sportscar fanatics aren't actively seeking it out and discussing it then it's a tough sell for the casual fan. Especially given it's one of just five WEC races outside of LM.

Hopefully that will all be rectified in the coming years. Probably doesn't help that Peugeot have arrived and added nothing to the show beyond two more cars on track. Not complaining, I'm glad they're here - just saying.

I was able to record it on Eurosport and woke up at 5am to start watching it. Then was able to box it off by lunchtime, pausing for F3 season finale.

Right now the ELMS is, for me, a far more enjoyable product. You can watch it on YouTube live or as live. Better competition levels and wheel to wheel racing. More digestible events too at four hours.
Old 12 Sep 2022, 13:02 (Ref:4125823)   #486
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
tux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I watched an hour on Sunday morning but it just doesnt interest me as much as it used to anymore. No point going into the wheres and whys because its been done to death and nothing i say will change anything. Sorry.
Old 12 Sep 2022, 13:04 (Ref:4125824)   #487
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
Right now the ELMS is, for me, a far more enjoyable product. You can watch it on YouTube live or as live. Better competition levels and wheel to wheel racing. More digestible events too at four hours.
Yeah that.

I haven't missed an ELMS race for the last 2 years I think.
Good racing and easily accessible (youtube and via link on their website)
Old 12 Sep 2022, 14:25 (Ref:4125838)   #488
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
I think the long gaps between races don't help. The season finally isn't until November now???

On paper we should be interested, close title battle in Hypercar, active bop, you know the stuff we like!
Old 12 Sep 2022, 18:55 (Ref:4125880)   #489
Gingers4Justice
Veteran

United Kingdom
Highbury, London
Gingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGingers4Justice will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I think it’s hard to be excited for this race when it feels like every WEC race since 2018 has been the same race.

I really enjoyed Monza, but that’s been the only one that’s been memorable since Porsche left for me.

We have Toyota to thank for keeping the series on life support for what’s to come but sheesh, there’s barely anything that we’re going to miss from the last few years.
Old 13 Sep 2022, 10:32 (Ref:4125949)   #490
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
I think the long gaps between races don't help. The season finally isn't until November now???
I think that's a good point. The series just doesn't hold the interest. Mind you, if Peugeot had been quick and reliable out of the box and Glick had stayed for the rest of the season.......
Old 13 Sep 2022, 10:59 (Ref:4125954)   #491
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I didn't pay it much attention because it started at 3am and I usually watch it on the app but you can't rewind the app video stream. Watching ELMS on YouTube is so much easier.

And for all the fanfare of Peugeot arriving the top class is still very thin because we lost one or two Glickenhauses. Roll on next year.
Old 13 Sep 2022, 12:33 (Ref:4125960)   #492
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Quote:
Originally Posted by joeb View Post
Yeah they can't get it back up to 8 events quick enough IMO. All the momentum just falls out of the season currently. Add extra European rounds for simplicity and make them 4 hours if you need to.
Old 13 Sep 2022, 12:36 (Ref:4125961)   #493
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I know I'm a Brit, but the loss of the Silverstone race was a huge body blow as far as I'm concerned.... Like many others, I've found far more enjoyment in watching the ELMS (as well as the much greater ease of doing so too).
Old 13 Sep 2022, 13:54 (Ref:4125970)   #494
RL17
Racer

United Kingdom
Maidstone, Kent
RL17 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRL17 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRL17 should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Pretty good race - surprisingly crash damage and puncture free. Some good racing and not the best race in the world but watching series makes next June lots more enjoyable for me.

After BT dropped Eurosport, so Discovery + incl Sport tried out and pretty good for month for a price of a beer+cup at LM. Eurosport with no adverts plus replay/rewind etc via our Firestick and would appear pretty good access to all shows on in recent days.
Watched all Fuji over 30 hours or so.
Old 13 Sep 2022, 19:17 (Ref:4126003)   #495
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Not really sure what thread to put this in but interesting - https://euroweeklynews.com/2022/09/1...ey-laundering/
Old 13 Sep 2022, 21:48 (Ref:4126010)   #496
Mike E
Veteran

Quote:
Not really sure what thread to put this in but interesting - https://euroweeklynews.com/2022/09/1...ey-laundering/
Whoops
Old 14 Sep 2022, 09:09 (Ref:4126037)   #497
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Toyota really dominated on home ground, no surprise there. Hopefully the final round in Bahrain will be a closely fought contest.
Old 14 Sep 2022, 10:27 (Ref:4126040)   #498
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
No Glickenhaus at Bahrain.

https://storage.googleapis.com/fiawe...List_11_09.pdf

This is not my surprised face.
Old 14 Sep 2022, 10:55 (Ref:4126041)   #499
REmvs
Rookie

REmvs should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
No Glickenhaus at Bahrain.

https://storage.googleapis.com/fiawe...List_11_09.pdf

This is not my surprised face.

I don't get the ACO.

There is a hypercar wanting to race (Bykolles Vanwall) not alowed to race (yes yes yes, i know the new rules carmaker etc.) and there is a Hypercar which is allowed to race, not willing to race --> Glickenhaus

Old 14 Sep 2022, 12:07 (Ref:4126051)   #500
joeb
Race Official
Veteran

United States
Baton Rouge, LA
joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!joeb is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
That can't be good for racing sponsorship.....