Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Closed Thread

Old 12 Dec 2022, 11:46 (Ref:4136864)   #1601
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Elwin View Post
We are all missing dear old Bob!
Not sure the moderators are.
Old 12 Dec 2022, 13:49 (Ref:4136874)   #1602
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
I was going to Brands today to test Dr Bobs latest car. Marcos 1800 GT.Got cancelled late last night so I have booked again for Thursday this week.Might see you Gordon ?
Percy keeps me updated on our Bob. I am sure he is watching over us.
Old 12 Dec 2022, 14:46 (Ref:4136882)   #1603
BertMk2
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Nr Maidstone, Kent
BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!BertMk2 is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
I was going to Brands today to test Dr Bobs latest car. Marcos 1800 GT.Got cancelled late last night so I have booked again for Thursday this week.Might see you Gordon ?
I'm sure Brands would have been "interesting" today if they've got as much snow as we have here (I'm about 40 minutes from Brands).
Old 12 Dec 2022, 15:01 (Ref:4136883)   #1604
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
No snow at Croix en Ternois, Iain. Blue sky, sunshine & only -3 here.
Old 12 Dec 2022, 17:09 (Ref:4136898)   #1605
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Quote:
I would have thought that unless there is a thaw Brands would be off this week ? Being higher up than where I live it normally gets it worse!
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 12 Dec 2022, 17:13 (Ref:4136901)   #1606
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Nice car the Marcos 1800, I remember it was homologated with either a live axle or independant rear suspension. May be the Volvo engine is not a devil but it's almost bulletproof.
Old 12 Dec 2022, 17:47 (Ref:4136909)   #1607
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
What's it like in the Midlands? I'm supposed to be just north of Silverstone on Wednesday

Sent from my AC2003 using Tapatalk
Old 12 Dec 2022, 18:16 (Ref:4136911)   #1608
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post
What's it like in the Midlands? I'm supposed to be just north of Silverstone on Wednesday

Went to Stoney Stratford via A43 today, an inch or maybe 2 at most of snow in places. All roads clear.
Old 12 Dec 2022, 19:16 (Ref:4136919)   #1609
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Sounds OK. Hopefully they'll have cleared the track as I've a number of karts out.

Old 12 Dec 2022, 20:07 (Ref:4136923)   #1610
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Enough snow for now, back to camembert!
Old 12 Dec 2022, 20:49 (Ref:4136933)   #1611
midgetman
Veteran

Camembert? That's a cheesy subject.

Old 13 Dec 2022, 04:09 (Ref:4136959)   #1612
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
Nice car the Marcos 1800, I remember it was homologated with either a live axle or independant rear suspension. May be the Volvo engine is not a devil but it's almost bulletproof.
And very tunable ,as Alan Tice and Chris Conoley have proven in the past.Car was once protested after one of the three hour races here.Option to remove the head was given,which Chris gladly did.Guess what??
Old 13 Dec 2022, 06:48 (Ref:4136963)   #1613
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
andy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridandy97 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
An acquaintance of mine has an FIA one for sale with an HTP for less than £40k, seems a good price but it’s been up for sale for quite a while and is still up for sale afaik.

Last edited by andy97; 13 Dec 2022 at 07:05.
Old 13 Dec 2022, 09:46 (Ref:4136981)   #1614
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Quote:
Originally Posted by terence View Post
And very tunable ,as Alan Tice and Chris Conoley have proven in the past.Car was once protested after one of the three hour races here.Option to remove the head was given,which Chris gladly did.Guess what??
Compliant, Your Honor! There are not many B18's engines around running the original capacity, many are B20's and sometimes rebored. But removing the head after a race or having the capacity checked by an official scrutiner putting seals after rebuilding is a good thing imo. This is an important point to check when buying a race car.

Andy, the price seems good of course strange it does not go (this one seems avalaible: https://www.carandclassic.com/car/C1433981).
Old 13 Dec 2022, 10:47 (Ref:4136987)   #1615
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by terence View Post
I had several protests over the years regarding cc, I made sure mine was ok by building it 10cc under the limit, otherwise if it was made "close" a bit of bore wear would take it over.
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 13 Dec 2022, 11:00 (Ref:4136988)   #1616
andy97
Veteran

United Kingdom
Castle Donington
Quote:

Andy, the price seems good of course strange it does not go (this one seems avalaible: https://www.carandclassic.com/car/C1433981).
Thats the one.
Old 13 Dec 2022, 13:45 (Ref:4137007)   #1617
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Brands this Thursday cancelled as well . That’s it I give up for 2022
Old 13 Dec 2022, 15:20 (Ref:4137025)   #1618
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Ah well, let's enjoy the snow. It's more beautiful than rain and keeps the sky not so dark at night
Old 14 Dec 2022, 02:13 (Ref:4137093)   #1619
Lancsbreaker
Veteran

England
Padiham, Lancashire
Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!Lancsbreaker has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Brands this Thursday cancelled as well . That’s it I give up for 2022

Fair's fair, Iain - you've probably done a lot more this year than most! Enjoy the break and here's to 2023!
Old 14 Dec 2022, 07:21 (Ref:4137100)   #1620
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancsbreaker View Post
Fair's fair, Iain - you've probably done a lot more this year than most! Enjoy the break and here's to 2023!
I know but just wanted to get out one last time. Thanks lanky. ,Yes looking forward to 2023.
Old 14 Dec 2022, 07:23 (Ref:4137101)   #1621
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
BTW what are you doing up at 2 am.
Old 14 Dec 2022, 07:40 (Ref:4137104)   #1622
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Iain, your question could bring a lot of different answers here…
Old 14 Dec 2022, 10:22 (Ref:4137122)   #1623
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
I know but just wanted to get out one last time. Thanks lanky. ,Yes looking forward to 2023.
I gave up on 2022 in February this year! However I've booked my medical for Race Retro on Friday 24th Feb 2023 and I've got a place on the HRDC trackday at Goodwood 27th March. Looking forward to a run out at Donington with the HRDC end of April too.
Old 14 Dec 2022, 10:52 (Ref:4137131)   #1624
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Not being a football fan by any means, I do often like to watch the internationals and even if England are knocked out, I'd usually watch the semi finals and final of the World Cup. This tournament has done nothing to make me change my mind about football but I just haven't watched any of it. I was in Qatar the night they were "awarded" the tournament and I've got friends who have worked on the entire project from day one. But frankly I could care less. Anyone else the same?

I wonder if the time of year has something to do with it as much as the location.
Old 14 Dec 2022, 10:58 (Ref:4137132)   #1625
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Not watched a single minute of it, but then I don't like football!

Sadly, for those who do, it seems to have been hijacked by all the shouty weirdo groups wanting to make a political point. The Qatari's must be looking forward to the peace & quiet of F1 & Moto GP!
Closed Thread