Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 8 Sep 2018, 14:11 (Ref:3848865)   #276
Casper
Veteran

Casper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridCasper should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tourer View Post
Third team say "no" to a talented driver due to his Benz affiliation. Could strengthen Williams position for 2019 if Mr Wolff is getting a little desperate to find a seat for Mr Ocon.

I do wonder though if the issue the 3 teams (so far) have had is the idea of having a driver from a rival team's stable in general or if the problem is more about the driver being from Mr Wolff's stable and a reflection on their views of dealing with him?
RB's position might have been more negotiable if Mercedes had let them use their PU's so maybe what goes round comes round so to speak but they have always had a policy of using their own driver program to supply the main team so maybe not.
Old 8 Sep 2018, 14:29 (Ref:3848869)   #277
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
You would hope that Red Bull are professional enough not to do something like that out of spite, but human nature is what it is.
Old 8 Sep 2018, 20:47 (Ref:3848922)   #278
Tourer
Veteran

Australia
Sideways
Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!Tourer is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BSchneiderFan View Post
You would hope that Red Bull are professional enough not to do something like that out of spite, but human nature is what it is.
Agree. It may not be out of spite though, it could be that RB has had enough dealings with Mr Wolff to not feel a level of trust in him, hence my question previously.

Of course it's not just RB, 2 other teams have said the same thing publicly. As much as anything else, it might simply be that negotiations on drivers when they are part of another team's junior stable get too messy and complicated - perhaps meaning that at least some teams don't want to do it anymore.
Old 8 Sep 2018, 20:49 (Ref:3848925)   #279
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Maybe Red Bull are afraid Merc will poach him from them at a crucial time
Old 8 Sep 2018, 21:14 (Ref:3848932)   #280
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Maybe Red Bull are afraid Merc will poach him from them at a crucial time
Yes, but that’s my point; if they went into it with their eyes open, they could benefit from his ability to rack up points while Ticktum and the other Red Bull juniors mature and get towards qualifying for a superlicence.
Old 11 Sep 2018, 08:13 (Ref:3849302)   #281
F1Guy
Veteran

Antarctica
Driving dangerously
F1Guy User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Bye bye Kimi. Thanks, and all the best. At least you knew what you were doing.

Last edited by F1Guy; 11 Sep 2018 at 08:24.
Old 11 Sep 2018, 08:23 (Ref:3849303)   #282
karting
Racer

karting should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
As per Kimis Instagram account he has signed for Sauber for the next 2 seasons
Attached Thumbnails
688F8E46-7D6D-41BD-AC0A-E23DDA0207B5.png  
Old 11 Sep 2018, 08:31 (Ref:3849305)   #283
F1Guy
Veteran

Antarctica
Driving dangerously
F1Guy User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Official Sauber F1 Team announcement HERE.

Kimi will be swapping seats with the driver announced HERE, and soon to be Ferrari's number one driver.

Old 11 Sep 2018, 08:44 (Ref:3849311)   #284
P38 in workshop
Veteran

P38 in workshop has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
So Kimi will still be sitting in front of a Ferrari engine and if his replacement cracks under the pressure (which I doubt will happen) they could be switched back.I suppose we can guess who will be in the other Sauber.
Old 11 Sep 2018, 08:46 (Ref:3849313)   #285
karting
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by karting View Post
I’m going to make some predictions as per “F1Guy” rules.

Le Clerc to Ferrari
Le Clerc to Haas
Le Clerc to stay at Sauber

I have no proof of any of them but if one of them is right then I can tell everyone I predicted it.

Nothing official yet though and Maldonado could be there, or Kyvat or Romain or still Kimi or etc etc
I confirmed it here look. I knew if I said enough teams one would be right. Just like the forums favourite predictor. Mention enough and one will be right. Le Clerc to be Vettels number 2
Old 11 Sep 2018, 09:13 (Ref:3849318)   #286
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Kimi 2 years at Sauber?!!

Waaaaaat?

They should be replacing Leclerc with another younger driver not someone at the end of the career.
Old 11 Sep 2018, 09:20 (Ref:3849322)   #287
Razor
10-10ths official Trekkie
Veteran

Australia
Behind the wheel
Razor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRazor should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Maybe Kimi can bring results or money.

Seems odd since I heard that he was going back into the WRC. I need to get new sources.
Old 11 Sep 2018, 09:31 (Ref:3849327)   #288
Hawkwood
Veteran

United Kingdom
Warrington
Hawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridHawkwood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Shame for Giovanazzi, but happy Leclerc has got the promotion.
Now his hard work really begins!
Old 11 Sep 2018, 09:33 (Ref:3849328)   #289
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
Quote:
I confirmed it here look. I knew if I said enough teams one would be right. Just like the forums favourite predictor. Mention enough and one will be right. Le Clerc to be Vettels number 2
You, sir, must be a true paddock insider!

Any whispers on the suggestion that Raikkonen/Robertson have taken an equity position in Sauber? And, if so, is he replacing Ericsson while the Ferrari nomination will go to Giovinazzi?
Old 11 Sep 2018, 09:45 (Ref:3849331)   #290
karting
Racer

Quote:
Originally Posted by peebee2 View Post
You, sir, must be a true paddock insider!

Any whispers on the suggestion that Raikkonen/Robertson have taken an equity position in Sauber? And, if so, is he replacing Ericsson while the Ferrari nomination will go to Giovinazzi?
Incorrect. Rich Energy will buy them out and it will be Sowery and Raikkonen at ‘Sauber Rich Energy Ferrari Alfa’.

Giovinazzi will start his own chicken based team with Ericsson.

YOU HEARD IT HERE FIRST!

Or it could be Ericsson and Kimi, or Giovinazzi and Kimi or even at a long shot Fettuccine and Kimi
Old 11 Sep 2018, 10:01 (Ref:3849337)   #291
Skam85
Veteran

Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:

Best news breaker in the business!
Deleting Twitter, Instagram and unsubscribing from Autosport as we speak
Old 11 Sep 2018, 10:11 (Ref:3849341)   #292
52Paddy
Racer

Ireland
Ireland
52Paddy should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm glad Raikkonen has decided to stay in F1, albeit with a fledgling team. He has said himself that he feels like he's no slower than his pace of 10 years ago and his recent race-craft has shown he can still fight at the sharp end. So, in that respect, it'll be interesting to see if that fire is still there in 2019 and if he can haul in some good points for Sauber. It would be a shame if it was a flop decision and he ends his career in lacklustre fashion but I've confidence in him.

Congrats to LeClerc for getting the Scuderia seat. It's always a tough job going into a front-running team for the first time but Charles must be feeling the pressure doubly considering how unpopular a move it was for some in the paddock. He'll have to pull all of his talent out of the bag.
Old 11 Sep 2018, 10:13 (Ref:3849342)   #293
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
I think that this works out best for all parties.

Ferrari give obvious talent a go in their main team, with the hope that they have unearthed a star.

Sauber get a good experienced driver into their very much improving setup, who should help them to bring back the good old days.
Old 11 Sep 2018, 10:36 (Ref:3849347)   #294
Nononsensecapeesh
Veteran

England
Stevenage, Herts, UK
Nononsensecapeesh should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
This has got to be one of the silliest silly seasons ever!
Old 11 Sep 2018, 11:10 (Ref:3849357)   #295
Dixon9
Rookie

Dixon9 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridDixon9 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Strange that Kimi wants to trundle around in a Sauber. Seems like a guy who'd rather go be competitive in something else.
Old 11 Sep 2018, 11:42 (Ref:3849360)   #296
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
He just wants to go to a team where he can consume his ice creams in peace, without the media thronging around him trying to interpret his actions and usually coming to the wrong conclusions.
Old 11 Sep 2018, 11:47 (Ref:3849363)   #297
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Kimi does do quite well in underdog cars. Often better than he manages in front running cars. I think he'll do well there.
Old 11 Sep 2018, 12:27 (Ref:3849367)   #298
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
Well. I thought (and hoped) Leclerc would get the Ferrari gig, so I’m pleased about that. But I’m big enough to admit I thought the rumours of Räikkönen to Sauber were wide of the mark, let alone a two-year deal. It will be fascinating to see how Kimi deals with a situation in which a good day is scraping into Q3 and a points finish. He’ll have to dig deep for motivation.
Old 11 Sep 2018, 12:53 (Ref:3849374)   #299
Skam85
Veteran

Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!
Really looking forward to this now. Kimi has always been one of my favourites.

Now, for Ocon to find a drive.
Hopefully as mentioned by Toto, Merc release him - this could pave the way for a Toro Rosso or Haas drive which looks to be the best available remaining. That or Sauber with Kimi of course. But that second seat still appears like Ericsson’s to lose.
Old 11 Sep 2018, 13:30 (Ref:3849387)   #300
Paradise City
Veteran

Bhutan
Dublin
Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!Paradise City is going for a new world record!
Raikkonen must see something good in Sauber for him to pluck for them, i.e a huge increase budget or a works scale engine effort. He wouldn't commit to a team he felt would be perennial backmarkers.