Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Australasian Touring Cars.

Old 19 Aug 2002, 04:56 (Ref:360854)   #1
Rhys_00
Racer

Rhys_00 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Rusty at Stone Brothers?

Does anybody have any information about Russel Ingall's plans for next year?
I was told that he is discussing with Stone Brothers and I was further convinced when I saw Russel with Marcus discussing the race on 10 coverage on sunday, which sounds like nothing but how often in the past has this happened?...
I don't remember anytime, could be just the fact that rusty won last year and Marcus was on pole, but I am optimistic as would love to see Russel in a competitive car in a competitive team if he must leave Castrol, and he said it all by saying nothing on the weekend when he commented about how there were other factors for his poor qualifying (Larry spiteful about losing such a good driver, under bad circumstances???)
Might sound paranoid but i remember last year at Bathurst when Bowe was watching the rest of the race from the Ozemail Racing pits.., and look where he ended up.

I am very interested to know...?
Old 19 Aug 2002, 05:22 (Ref:360867)   #2
Buckshot
Veteran

Australia
Cambridge Gardens, NSW, Australia
Buckshot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBuckshot should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Was actually thinking about this whilst watching Winton yesterday. If you were going to drive a Ford it would have to be with the Stone Bros. Anyone else and you'd be wasting your time.

As much as I would hate to see Ingall go to Ford the most logical step would be to get Besnard out of that Havoline car and bung Ingall in.

What does it say about the current state of play when both my girlfriend and I are die hard Holden supporters but yesterday we were cheering on Ambrose ?
Old 19 Aug 2002, 05:38 (Ref:360884)   #3
Rhys_00
Racer

Rhys_00 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I feel the same way, I love holden but find myself going for anybody that competes with HRT, and laughing like a lunatic when HRT mucked up the pitstop (while wearing my Holden hat and shirt). If Russel does go i think that SBR really would be in the same ballpark as HRT as far as driver skill/car quality and would be a fantastic force at Bathurst (ingall/ambrose!)...
Old 19 Aug 2002, 10:10 (Ref:361040)   #4
PEPSI
Racer

PEPSI should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yes, Holden fan, owner and all, I too can't wait for a Ford to win, Ambrose in particular.

As for Rusty, did anyone else think that his new helmet would not look out of place next to Steven Johnson's? He has used a chrome effect for a while but the yellow must be very similar to Steve's helmet. Perhaps he was looking to go there and had it made before DJR's current form surfaced forcing him to re-think.

I mean very few teams are signing new drivers until AVESCO/TEGA sort out what is happening with the franchise system next year as they are in the dark how many cars they can run etc.

I also noted the apparent absence of Castrol, Holden etc with only his personal sponsors such as KTM and VB. Dunlop was an exception but VB and Dunlop also sponsor DJR.
Old 19 Aug 2002, 12:38 (Ref:361175)   #5
Crash Test
Veteran

Australia
Melbourne, Australia
Crash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCrash Test should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Apparently there was a Castrol function a little while back, where Russell didn't attend. People started arking up over it, and the line was 'Russell isn't under contract to Castrol anymore...'
Old 20 Aug 2002, 11:47 (Ref:361976)   #6
D.R.T.
Veteran

D.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridD.R.T. should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I heard he would be going to DJR, but as stated above their recent form may have caused 2nd thoughts
Old 21 Aug 2002, 21:12 (Ref:363204)   #7
White Knight

Take a tip, Ingal at SBR in second Halvoline Ford

Old 21 Aug 2002, 22:19 (Ref:363239)   #8
The Tool Man
Veteran

The Tool Man should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by PEPSI
Yes, Holden fan, owner and all, I too can't wait for a Ford to win, Ambrose in particular.

As for Rusty, did anyone else think that his new helmet would not look out of place next to Steven Johnson's? He has used a chrome effect for a while but the yellow must be very similar to Steve's helmet. Perhaps he was looking to go there and had it made before DJR's current form surfaced forcing him to re-think.

I mean very few teams are signing new drivers until AVESCO/TEGA sort out what is happening with the franchise system next year as they are in the dark how many cars they can run etc.

I also noted the apparent absence of Castrol, Holden etc with only his personal sponsors such as KTM and VB. Dunlop was an exception but VB and Dunlop also sponsor DJR.

PEPSI - Funny You Mention The Johnson Team, I was told by a Ford Dealer in Queensland Recently that it was most likely that Rusty Would go to DJR and Radisich to Briggs Team .
Personally I dont see how a Ford Dealer who doesnt know much else about V8 Supercars would suddenly have an insight to whats going on. But With your post it kind of rang a bell.
Old 22 Aug 2002, 04:15 (Ref:363384)   #9
sevi
Veteran

sevi should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
6 weeks ago it was a definate to DJR, last couple of weeks it is SBR, not to mention Prodrive starting new team with him and Lowndes.
I don't care how much people claim to know, it would be easier to answer the million dollar question on the TV show.