Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Baltic Touring Car Championship Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Touring Car Racing

Old 16 Jun 2016, 08:26 (Ref:3650391)   #26
rdjones
Take That Fan
Veteran

England
Leeds, Yorkshire
rdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridrdjones should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by FIRE View Post
Big company
JCT600 are massive dealership in Yorkshire and North of England they sell everything from Farrari's to Seat's.

I cycle pass there head office on my way to work ever day and if I look out of the office window I can see two of there dealership's. One of which is there original site and is now a Lotus dealership.
Old 16 Jun 2016, 12:44 (Ref:3650452)   #27
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I knew Jack Tordoff was a rally and it doesn't surprise me he runs a business as a lot of the BTCC drivers have family businesses
Old 16 Jun 2016, 12:50 (Ref:3650454)   #28
Mark0994
Veteran

Serbia
Belgrade
Mark0994 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Their site say its plate from 911 not S600
The company takes its name from our founder, Jack Tordoff's, own personalised number plate from the Porsche Carrera in which Jack won the prestigious Circuit of Ireland Rally in 1973.
http://www.jct600.co.uk/about-us/motorsport-heritage/

EDIT:
My mistake it is from Mercedes
http://www.jct600.co.uk/about-us/our-history/
Old 16 Jun 2016, 14:33 (Ref:3650493)   #29
fergus_r
Veteran

United Kingdom
fergus_r should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfergus_r should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridfergus_r should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by crmalcolm View Post
Two individual cars in different colours, in different years, could hardly be called an obsession?

Surely the question should be 'what is the obsession with white?' - BMR, WSR, Handy, Motorbase, BKR, 888, Speedworks, Power Maxed.

Or, 'what is the obsession with red?' - AMD, Eurotech.

Or, 'what is the obsession with yellow?' - WIX, Dextra.
I think the bigger question is, what's porsche962fan's obsession with Jason Plato?
Old 16 Jun 2016, 20:13 (Ref:3650696)   #30
Craner Curves
Veteran

United Kingdom
Kelso
Craner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridCraner Curves should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by fergus_r View Post
I think the bigger question is, what's porsche962fan's obsession with Jason Plato?
Back of the net!
Old 19 Jun 2016, 04:35 (Ref:3652571)   #31
Rob877
Racer

Rob877 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridRob877 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Tweet that was very quickly deleted soon after being posted, meeeooww!

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
Old 19 Jun 2016, 12:05 (Ref:3653005)   #32
porsche962fan
Veteran

porsche962fan should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Turks is the best driver of Subaru , would fancy him for a 3rd well deserved title

rather a disaster for Tordoff if he can't really outscore the Hondas on their home track
Old 19 Jun 2016, 12:21 (Ref:3653027)   #33
FIRE
Race Official
Veteran

Netherlands
FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!FIRE is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob877 View Post
Tweet that was very quickly deleted soon after being posted, meeeooww!

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
What's this about?
Old 19 Jun 2016, 14:25 (Ref:3653363)   #34
porsche962fan
Veteran

RWD 1-2-3-4 with big gap for rest

maybe time that they get pegged back ?

and well done to J-man for giving Collard a win

EDIT: Turks looked really ****ed in the interview

Last edited by porsche962fan; 19 Jun 2016 at 14:36.
Old 19 Jun 2016, 14:53 (Ref:3653403)   #35
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
Turkington didn't look happy at all.
Old 19 Jun 2016, 17:02 (Ref:3653501)   #36
Biscuits In A Red Bull
Veteran

United Kingdom
Biscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBiscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ash Sutton was always going to win that race. Either that or send his MG into the barriers. He was on a totally different level to any other driver in that race. A remarkable drive from a remarkable talent. He's a wild one, and should he add a bit of refinement then who knows where his career could go?
Old 19 Jun 2016, 17:03 (Ref:3653503)   #37
porsche962fan
Veteran

Congrats to Sutton for losing his BTCC virginity

and to Tordoff for extending his champions lead and Turks for proving that he is top dog at Subaru !

big mystery why Orange was totally off the pace, Shedden is now 9th in the standings...
Old 19 Jun 2016, 18:53 (Ref:3653561)   #38
Moneyseeker
Veteran

Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!Moneyseeker is going for a new lap record!
Simply stunning from Sutton and great skill on show from all the front runners in those conditions. Plato, what can you say....
Old 19 Jun 2016, 19:05 (Ref:3653567)   #39
porsche962fan
Veteran

the updated standings
http://www.btcc.net/standings/drivers/

WSR have 2 horses for the tiitle

Shedden is now 52 points behind, if he doesn't have a real good next round it looks like he will have to be rear gunner for Matt Neal

Indy Team titles as predicted , it's impossible for Motorbase to lose it, would actually mark their first BTCC title ever
Old 19 Jun 2016, 19:18 (Ref:3653577)   #40
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Colin has done a brilliant job to help get the car to a regular points challenge. How much further would he have been up if they hadn't had that problem at Thruxton? OMG if he wins a third title, if would be a bigger turnaround for a new car than Harvey's 92 title.

That said, I see Tordoff is now the favourite for the title this year, especially as it seems the BMW is now the car to have and Honda being nowhere. It was a big turnaround from a bad quali to almost win race 3 and still lead the title. And I wouldn't be surprised if Collard is still in with a chance come the end of the year

Seems everyone is united on here about Jason's plonker move on Colin, but I have to say it was a good weekend for him performance wise, although it's the first year since he came back in 04 that we've reached the mid season break and he hasn't won yet. I don't expect to stay that way though, I'm sure he'll have at least one by the end of the year.

Shame Lloyd and Abbott's good qualifying was undone by the first lap, but I guess that's lack of experience at the front. At least Hill had a good race, he certainly deserves a top drive one day

Morgan had a disastrous weekend and now needs a miracle to get back in the title fight now. Maybe it's time he looked towards an established team next year? Jackson also has slipped by the wrong tyre choice in R3. Proves once again you should stay in step with your competitors. Jordan looks like being the top dog at Motorbase this year.

And Ash Sutton, what a performance all weekend. He weren't afraid to get his elbows out either. Would have been interesting to see if he would have caught Tordoff without the SC, but I feel he would have probably caught him by the last but one lap anyway. It makes a nice change someone taking their first in a reverse race by passing someone anyway. The only thing the SC did change for me, was Shedden catching back up, but didn't do enough for him anyway to get in the points

Can't believe we're halfway through the year and already have 10 different winners! Shows the quality of the field. Wouldn't be surprised to see the 2014 record for race winners broken soon
Old 19 Jun 2016, 19:34 (Ref:3653588)   #41
thlbtcc
Veteran

thlbtcc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sodemo View Post
Turkington didn't look happy at all.
TV gold. Such an awkward interview. Seemed like there was some sort of agreement, perhaps not to attack each other.
Old 19 Jun 2016, 19:35 (Ref:3653589)   #42
thlbtcc
Veteran

thlbtcc should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Honda has such a poor weekend, relatively. If you look at the championship table, Shedden has a lot of work to do! In fact, he's only 10 points ahead of Turkington!
Old 19 Jun 2016, 19:42 (Ref:3653595)   #43
Biscuits In A Red Bull
Veteran

United Kingdom
Biscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridBiscuits In A Red Bull should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm more amazed by Jack Goff. One podium - a 3rd place - and he sits a not too distant 5th in the driver standings. What a season we have had so far!
Old 19 Jun 2016, 21:06 (Ref:3653611)   #44
Tja
Racer

Tja should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Biscuits In A Red Bull View Post
I'm more amazed by Jack Goff. One podium - a 3rd place - and he sits a not too distant 5th in the driver standings. What a season we have had so far!
That shows what consistent point finishes can do for you, doesn't it. Just look at Adam Morgan, a few weeks ago we were talking about a possible championship challenge for him, but after two poor events he sits in P10. Absolutely fascinating and really hard to predict.
I'm also amazed by Rob Collard, his qualifying is really weak, but his overtaking is just brilliant. The field is so close this year which prevents a lot of people from moving up the order - just look at the Hondas, but Rob always seems to find some extra pace in his car.
Old 19 Jun 2016, 21:42 (Ref:3653619)   #45
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
During races, Collard has an uncanny knack of often being in the right place just at the right time, and has the ability of taking full advantage of any opportunity that comes his way.

Take Race 2 for example. He was stuck, lap after lap, behind Goff until the two Subarus decided to attack each other. Goff managed to get blocked in behind them whilst they sorted themselves out, yet Collard was able to swing out to the right and pass the lot of them.

It's not luck; it's his skill that puts in him in a position to take advantage of others weaknesses and/or misfortunes.
Old 20 Jun 2016, 07:42 (Ref:3653758)   #46
850Estate
Veteran

Sweden
GBR/SWE
850Estate should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Rear-wheel drive track? Nope. Front-wheel drive track? Nope. Ash Sutton's track? Yup.

Delighted for him, after all he's been through to get here, getting that win. As was mentioned above, absolutely nothing was going to stop him! Nico Rosberg could've appeared infront of him and he'd have found a way by!

Good weekend for Tordoff - although it should've been better - and a smashing weekend for Collard - despite starting disastrously. Tordoff now holds the key to the Championship I reckon, although it could depend on whether he and Collard work as team-mates like Shedden and Neal, or like motorhome sharers like Plato and Smith.

The Hondas looked well off it. Neal was held up quite a bit in midfield traffic, so I wouldn't read too much into his results, but Shedden had a 'mare. If a car could have body language then his looked like it was desperate to get home from Race 1!

Special Mention to Alex Martin persevering with the slicks in R3 and executing some tremendous drifts through the complex! Kept everyone entertained.
Old 20 Jun 2016, 08:31 (Ref:3653771)   #47
porsche962fan
Veteran

for the sheer fun looks like it wasn't even that close in the braking zone , maybe a car lenght ?

bilder kostenlos

Last edited by porsche962fan; 20 Jun 2016 at 08:55.
Old 20 Jun 2016, 08:33 (Ref:3653772)   #48
porsche962fan
Veteran

still the Scoobys are noway near close to this drama
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OE5ymXp6yn8

Last edited by porsche962fan; 20 Jun 2016 at 08:45.
Old 20 Jun 2016, 12:04 (Ref:3653815)   #49
ATF
Veteran

United Kingdom
Sheffield
ATF should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Good race 3 after a couple of uneventful races. Weird seeing Honda absolutely nowhere!
Old 20 Jun 2016, 16:53 (Ref:3653875)   #50
porsche962fan
Veteran

well Neal blames the boost for Honda's poor pace lately, couldn't they just stick the TOCA unit and be done with it ? and are they really the slowest cars on the straight line ??

Quote:
(Croft’s) not a front-wheel drive circuit anyway, but when you’re last and second-to-last over the finish line in almost every session, you can’t make that up,” explained Neal. “The championship is too competitive. You at least need to be in the hunt, even when we get the (success ballast) weight taken out

http://www.touringcartimes.com/2016/...kend-at-croft/

dunno, but I don't think it would be Gow's interest if WSR took off with the title because he castrated the Hondas too much