Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Closed Thread

Old 21 Nov 2011, 09:23 (Ref:2989525)   #1
John Turner
Race Official
Veteran

United Kingdom
Pontesbury, Shropshire
John Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameJohn Turner will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
On a completely different note, I thought that I'd let you know that Kevin has been promoted to Features Editor at Autosport but Historic coverage remains in safe hands as Ben Anderson takes over as National Editor, and we have all done a good job of converting him to 'our' cause. Kev will still have some input in his new role and, of course, amongst the established reporters/contributors, Marcus remains a key component.
Old 21 Nov 2011, 09:28 (Ref:2989526)   #2
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Weyman View Post
its not too bad in fact the underneath is better than the inside for some reason so nothing majour underneath to do so I will probably plug away with my heavy duty wire briushes for now
you sure know how to have a good time Al

I did a dry build of a front corner yesterday morning, damned fiddly all those fulcrum bits, and I turned down some bushes for the new later trunions instead of re-using the old ones which aren't handed. . .
Attached Thumbnails
front right dry build.jpg  
Old 21 Nov 2011, 09:33 (Ref:2989512)   #3
johngee
#WhatAreHashTags
Veteran

johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Turner View Post
On a completely different note, I thought that I'd let you know that Kevin has been promoted to Features Editor at Autosport but Historic coverage remains in safe hands as Ben Anderson takes over as National Editor, and we have all done a good job of converting him to 'our' cause. Kev will still have some input in his new role and, of course, amongst the established reporters/contributors, Marcus remains a key component.
That's good news and congratulations to Kevin and Ben.
Old 21 Nov 2011, 09:55 (Ref:2989506)   #4
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Delta's Tea-Break Natter (The Lighter Side) 2011/12

Due to problems with the old thread please continue all Deltaness here

Merry Christmas

Last edited by Tim Falce; 21 Nov 2011 at 10:01.
Old 21 Nov 2011, 10:09 (Ref:2989518)   #5
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
@Zef. I Still may get it blasted yet not sure, my mate recons its about £400 does that seem right to you?
Old 21 Nov 2011, 12:29 (Ref:2989573)   #6
zefarelly
Veteran

European Union
zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!zefarelly has a real shot at the podium!
sounds about right . . . 4-500 for a crustina, £200 for my tt chassis . . . . just get the underside, floor and engine bar done, not the external panels
Old 21 Nov 2011, 13:09 (Ref:2989596)   #7
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!Al Weyman has a real shot at the podium!
There are no external panels as such apart the roof and rear quarters not yet fitted, the rest is glass fibre, will they get right inside the thing and all round the roll cage tubes of which there are many?
Old 21 Nov 2011, 13:29 (Ref:2989604)   #8
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
My MGB was less than that but then again there wasn't much of it to blast. Does this thread work?
Old 21 Nov 2011, 13:33 (Ref:2989605)   #9
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Woohoo. It works. Over the weekend I watched the Ultimate Hydroplanes on the Corniche, (well I was on the Corniche, they were on the water). We also had a visit from the French Air Force and I took some pics which I provide for your entertainment. I was thinking The Compte would appreciate these.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/4098191...7628067709861/

Obviously couldn't post them in the old thread.

John,

Congrats to Kevin on his promotion.

And congrats to me because I've just been informed that as from today I................................ can buy pork in Doha!
Old 21 Nov 2011, 13:39 (Ref:2989609)   #10
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Pleased we are all freinds again. BTW who "anyone" going to HSCC Dinner this saturday.Blooming nuisance as i will miss Dancing
Old 21 Nov 2011, 16:17 (Ref:2989669)   #11
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
I am still getting no avatar and the rotating thing at the top you get as its loading a page as though it was trying to load my avatar, whats that all about?
Old 21 Nov 2011, 16:20 (Ref:2989670)   #12
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
It's working fine on my PC, Phone and ipad Al. It might be a fault your end.
Old 21 Nov 2011, 16:59 (Ref:2989692)   #13
Clive Brown
Veteran

England
North-west Kent
Clive Brown should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Surely there can't be anything wrong with Al's end?
Old 21 Nov 2011, 17:11 (Ref:2989694)   #14
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Well seeing as I c ommunicate from several different ends they cannot all be wrong. I have relaoded my avatar once can anyone see it?
Old 21 Nov 2011, 17:12 (Ref:2989696)   #15
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
This one is playing up again, I send in from three different sources and the same on all.
Old 21 Nov 2011, 17:13 (Ref:2989697)   #16
Al Weyman
Veteran

England
South of Watford (just)
Then after the double post I can now see my avatar but not Tims and still getting the whirling thing. Most strange.
Old 21 Nov 2011, 17:16 (Ref:2989698)   #17
Cliff Ryan
Veteran

Cliff Ryan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridCliff Ryan should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Al am I going to get your resignation as Chief of Communications then
Old 21 Nov 2011, 17:16 (Ref:2989699)   #18
johngee
#WhatAreHashTags
Veteran

johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!johngee has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Al Weyman View Post
Well seeing as I c ommunicate from several different ends they cannot all be wrong. I have relaoded my avatar once can anyone see it?
Looks perfect to me Al
Old 21 Nov 2011, 17:17 (Ref:2989700)   #19
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Yeah,the MGB looks fine to me!
Old 21 Nov 2011, 17:25 (Ref:2989701)   #20
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
No problems here on old or new thread.
Old 21 Nov 2011, 17:35 (Ref:2989707)   #21
Moosehead
Veteran

Moosehead should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
No problems with either thread for me.
CSCC Swinging Sixties #128 Red/Black Mustang
Old 21 Nov 2011, 17:36 (Ref:2989709)   #22
compte deGraves
Veteran

France
Charente, France
compte deGraves should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridcompte deGraves should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Woohoo. It works. Over the weekend I watched the Ultimate Hydroplanes on the Corniche, (well I was on the Corniche, they were on the water). We also had a visit from the French Air Force and I took some pics which I provide for your entertainment. I was thinking The Compte would appreciate these.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/4098191...7628067709861/
Absolutely brilliant. Peter, I have sent you a PM.
Old 21 Nov 2011, 18:16 (Ref:2989720)   #23
Clive Brown
Veteran

England
North-west Kent
Clive Brown should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm not seeing multiple postings from the good Capt. A.M. Erica any more, but I am getting avatars in place of Smilies, notably Al's in the place of 'wink'.

That's 'wink' with an 'i'.
Old 21 Nov 2011, 18:52 (Ref:2989726)   #24
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Turner View Post
Congratulations to Kev and Ben!
Old 21 Nov 2011, 18:56 (Ref:2989728)   #25
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cliff Ryan View Post
Al am I going to get your resignation as Chief of Communications then
Harsh. Very harsh, Cliff! You've been watching 'The Apprentice' too much........

Al, I reckon you have become infected during your US trip........