Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 24 Nov 2017, 08:33 (Ref:3782583)   #2476
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
Does F1 really need all those tyre compounds? IndyCar uses two and the racing is better.
Says it all really.
Old 24 Nov 2017, 08:46 (Ref:3782587)   #2477
Sodemo
Veteran

United Kingdom
Solihull, West Mids, UK
Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!Sodemo has a real shot at the podium!
Isn't it funny how they have a bajillion dry weather tyres, but when it rains they all complain that the tyres are inadequate and aquaplane too much? How about bringing back the monsoon tyre? Or just making the full wet "better"?
Old 24 Nov 2017, 11:23 (Ref:3782612)   #2478
F1Guy
Veteran

Antarctica
Driving dangerously
F1Guy User has been fined for unsportsmanlike behaviour!
Christian Horner says 3 engine rule next year is "barking mad."

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/f...horner-982130/

Cannot agree with him anymore. Stupid decision. And Ferrari is the only team in favour of it! Need a unanimous decision by all teams to change the rule.

I can see FP1 and FP2 with less cars on track next year to save on mileage. Stupid, stupid rule.
Old 24 Nov 2017, 13:28 (Ref:3782623)   #2479
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I just want to say that the people who are in the world watching the sport are not going to be able to make sense of the way it is going on with the new rules of the tyres and the engines
Old 24 Nov 2017, 14:04 (Ref:3782628)   #2480
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
I just want to say that the people who are in the world watching the sport are not going to be able to make sense of the way it is going on with the new rules of the tyres and the engines
3 engines and 7 tyre compounds. There is an imbalance somewhere.
Old 24 Nov 2017, 15:19 (Ref:3782638)   #2481
Mekola
Veteran

Kiribati
Atlantis
Mekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridMekola should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
This rule that each car use only three engines for the entire season, made me to remind the scarce engine supply that had backmarker F1 teams of late 80s-early 90s... :/
Old 24 Nov 2017, 15:38 (Ref:3782640)   #2482
bella
Race Official
Veteran

France
bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!bella is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
seems pretty easy to me. engines will still make the car go round, and tyres can only be from a small selection every weekend. don’t overcomplicate things just because they’ve brought in a different tyre colour and engine rules are being negotiated...
Old 24 Nov 2017, 18:04 (Ref:3782662)   #2483
tux
Veteran

United Kingdom
United Kingdom
tux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridtux should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Good news, next year everycar will be fitted with a 360 degree camera which looks just as bad as the halo.
Old 24 Nov 2017, 18:49 (Ref:3782664)   #2484
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bella View Post
seems pretty easy to me. engines will still make the car go round, and tyres can only be from a small selection every weekend. don’t overcomplicate things just because they’ve brought in a different tyre colour and engine rules are being negotiated...
Yes there might be a silly number of compounds, but I don’t think it really matter to the audience. You are either a casual fan and it doesn’t really bother you because your care levels are low, or you are a die hard into all the detail and it adds.

I’d call them A,B, C... or similar as SBF suggests. Seams a little patronising with the names. I’d rather they had more insight into how they make the differences rather than a rainbow poster. I’m over it though.

Looking at it another way you are either a superficial follower and hence this will not really register or you are a regular fan and you have exactly what you want, something else to moan about. Easier than actually understanding the technical aspects of the sport.

Anyway, doesn’t matter to me, I sold my telly so I can’t watch this sham of a sport anymore.
Old 24 Nov 2017, 18:51 (Ref:3782666)   #2485
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by tux View Post
Good news, next year everycar will be fitted with a 360 degree camera which looks just as bad as the halo.
Cool. Hopefully top notch quality cameras and the ability to track other cars around them. I wonder if it will be manually controlled by an operator or if there will be some “intelligence” in camera itself.

Looks, I’m more bothered about the Go Pros all over classic race cars. Even if that is hypocritical of me.
Old 24 Nov 2017, 20:33 (Ref:3782700)   #2486
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
wnut, one for you. Another injustice, this one with major safety issues:
https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/13...rivers-in-2018
Old 24 Nov 2017, 21:26 (Ref:3782712)   #2487
F1Guy
Veteran

Antarctica
Driving dangerously
No sharkfins for next year! Great news.

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/s...season-982404/

So what was to be FUGLY will now just be UGLY??
Old 24 Nov 2017, 21:47 (Ref:3782717)   #2488
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by F1Guy View Post
No sharkfins for next year! Great news.

https://www.motorsport.com/f1/news/s...season-982404/

So what was to be FUGLY will now just be UGLY??
That is a shame. The Sharkfins would have looked so fetching, along with the Halo.
Old 24 Nov 2017, 21:54 (Ref:3782718)   #2489
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Quote:
Originally Posted by Adam43 View Post
Yes there might be a silly number of compounds, but I don’t think it really matter to the audience. You are either a casual fan and it doesn’t really bother you because your care levels are low, or you are a die hard into all the detail and it adds.

I’d call them A,B, C... or similar as SBF suggests. Seams a little patronising with the names. I’d rather they had more insight into how they make the differences rather than a rainbow poster. I’m over it though.

Looking at it another way you are either a superficial follower and hence this will not really register or you are a regular fan and you have exactly what you want, something else to moan about. Easier than actually understanding the technical aspects of the sport.

Anyway, doesn’t matter to me, I sold my telly so I can’t watch this sham of a sport anymore.
I have found someone who this is actually a real problem for. That middle ground of someone who isn’t a casual fan, but can’t, or worse is proud that they don’t, understand the detail. It’s Crofty.
Old 24 Nov 2017, 23:44 (Ref:3782752)   #2490
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
I have found someone who this is actually a real problem for. That middle ground of someone who isn’t a casual fan, but can’t, or worse is proud that they don’t, understand the detail. It’s Crofty.
He'll be fine, he's got a producer to ejumacaterate him.

And Crofty, if you're ever here, I'm referring to Mark The All Knowing Hughes, so that's not an insult!
Old 25 Nov 2017, 09:27 (Ref:3782857)   #2491
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Mark The All Knowing Hughes. I’m going to use that, brilliant.
Old 25 Nov 2017, 12:00 (Ref:3782890)   #2492
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
wnut, one for you. Another injustice, this one with major safety issues:
https://www.autosport.com/f1/news/13...rivers-in-2018

Oops, already had a rant on the closed cockpit thread.
Old 25 Nov 2017, 12:48 (Ref:3782897)   #2493
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Old 25 Nov 2017, 16:07 (Ref:3782921)   #2494
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Now the shark fin is going, let's get rid of the bargeboards and all the other winglets too
Old 26 Nov 2017, 06:50 (Ref:3783129)   #2495
dsg
Veteran

Thailand
Chonburi
dsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the griddsg should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Now the shark fin is going, let's get rid of the bargeboards and all the other winglets too
I'm sure one of the commentators on sky said the teams will be allowed to add winglets to the halo but I haven't heard anything since. Are we going to see more of these little things on the cars next year?
Old 26 Nov 2017, 10:15 (Ref:3783159)   #2496
F1Guy
Veteran

Antarctica
Driving dangerously
Quote:
Originally Posted by dsg View Post
Are we going to see more of these little things on the cars next year?
Yes. And it's not going to be pretty.
Old 26 Nov 2017, 11:17 (Ref:3783169)   #2497
S griffin
Veteran

And they make following a car even harder, bloody acting like dipsticks making these new rules
Old 29 Nov 2017, 09:28 (Ref:3783976)   #2498
F1Guy
Veteran

Antarctica
Driving dangerously
Aston Martin wishes to be an engine supplier from 2021, and have made two submissions, one on its own, and one in partnership with Cosworth.

http://www.bbc.com/sport/formula1/42148636

Which direction will they choose?
Old 1 Dec 2017, 13:59 (Ref:3784552)   #2499
Chaynes321
Veteran

England
London
Chaynes321 has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
I will be sad to see the sharkfins go I think they looked really cool - but not the coat hangers ! and of course im dreading the Halo
Old 1 Dec 2017, 16:11 (Ref:3784580)   #2500
S griffin
Veteran

The shark fins got too long to be good looking

I hope Aston Martin come in, the more variety the better