Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Closed Thread

Old 31 Dec 2014, 20:43 (Ref:3489015)   #1
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Iain's (Delta Racing Car) Builder's Tea Break 2015

Now, about this edible balaclava.. . Happy New Year.
Old 1 Jan 2015, 00:47 (Ref:3489048)   #2
Rudernst
Veteran

Germany
Hamburg
Rudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid

you beat me to it

i meant to start:

- Deltas Yasmine infusion tea break

and we all know how much he loves that !!!!!!

grumppfff !!!!

Rudolf
Old 1 Jan 2015, 01:49 (Ref:3489069)   #3
Colin McKay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Colin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridColin McKay should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Delta's unwashed mugs might be more apt......you know who you are
Old 1 Jan 2015, 01:51 (Ref:3489070)   #4
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Colin McKay View Post
Delta's unwashed mugs might be more apt......you know who you are
Old 1 Jan 2015, 07:33 (Ref:3489131)   #5
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Black mugs are the answer- Historic FF2000 ones never show the stain....

OK, Jan 1 2015 so no turning back now! It's onwards and upwards to first event in mid March, followed immediately by a truck trip to Vallelunga. Have decided not to risk driving the Alps route that early in year...

Happy New Year everyone, let's all have fun with our old crocks and keep safe.

Old 1 Jan 2015, 10:37 (Ref:3489147)   #6
Rudernst
Veteran

Germany
Hamburg
Rudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridRudernst should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
for me the first event is the VSCC POM in Feb
and then the MM at Goodwood in March

after these I start my season....

Rudolf
Old 1 Jan 2015, 10:55 (Ref:3489148)   #7
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
followed immediately by a truck trip to Vallelunga. Have decided not to risk driving the Alps route that early in year...

Happy New Year everyone, let's all have fun with our old crocks and keep safe.

Pah! I remember when it was a narrow mountain road sometimes with passing places and long before the autoruote was built almost to the entrance of Mt Blanc. I've even been over the top of Mt Cenis in the winter, now that's something well worth doing just for the view from the border post, I just wish I'd had my camera with me.
Kids today you don't know you were born.
Old 1 Jan 2015, 10:58 (Ref:3489149)   #8
Moosehead
Veteran

Moosehead should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Col de Mont Cenis - huh, remember that one from when I was a kid
CSCC Swinging Sixties #128 Red/Black Mustang
Old 1 Jan 2015, 14:47 (Ref:3489189)   #9
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Falce View Post
I've even been over the top of Mt Cenis in the winter, now that's something well worth doing just for the view from the border post, I just wish I'd had my camera with me.
Kids today you don't know you were born.
Hang on Tim, I drove over Mt Cenis 35 odd years ago in an Anglia van whist en route to Italy, a bit of ice n snow so what ?
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 1 Jan 2015, 17:01 (Ref:3489206)   #10
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!

That was my point Gordon but I think you missed it.
I think Mike's main reason is cost of Mont Blanc tunnel.

Last edited by Tim Falce; 1 Jan 2015 at 17:25.
Old 1 Jan 2015, 17:02 (Ref:3489208)   #11
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Should have thawed out by now!

(Why is it just about impossible to post pictures now?)
Old 1 Jan 2015, 17:24 (Ref:3489215)   #12
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Here's one I took earlier, what's going wrong Terry?
Attached Thumbnails
B4KM3ArIQAEqJQb.jpg  
Old 1 Jan 2015, 17:53 (Ref:3489228)   #13
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Falce View Post
That was my point Gordon but I think you missed it.
I think Mike's main reason is cost of Mont Blanc tunnel.
New Years Day- surprised anyone is with it today, let alone Gordon!

Yes, MB tunnel is crazy expensive. If going to Monza it or Frejus is logical choice, but for Southern Italy going via Monaco and Genoa is not that much further, and less risk of snow related issues......

Old 1 Jan 2015, 18:39 (Ref:3489240)   #14
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Quote:
New Years Day- surprised anyone is with it today, let alone Gordon!
You young whippersnapper, I'l have you know that I was up at the crack of 1pm today for a walk along the beach !
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 1 Jan 2015, 19:05 (Ref:3489248)   #15
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Quote:

Yes, MB tunnel is crazy expensive. If going to Monza it or Frejus is logical choice, but for Southern Italy going via Monaco and Genoa is not that much further, and less risk of snow related issues......

Talking of the tunnel, one of my customers at the time was almost trapped in the big fire in 1999 but managed to do a million point turn amongst the deluge and go back.
He was returning from Italy from a business trip in an almost new Volvo estate car that was deemed to be written off when he got back home in it, just about every panel was smashed when he had to get out in a hurry.
He never used the tunnel again and I think it was shut for 3 or 4 years after a lorry loaded with margarine caught alight.
I expect the high toll charge is still paying for the loss of revenue and repairs ?
Old 1 Jan 2015, 23:04 (Ref:3489316)   #16
Moosehead
Veteran

Moosehead should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Mt Cenis - we were in a Triumph Vitesse towing a caravan!
CSCC Swinging Sixties #128 Red/Black Mustang
Old 2 Jan 2015, 05:12 (Ref:3489429)   #17
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
terence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridterence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by terence View Post
Should have thawed out by now!

(Why is it just about impossible to post pictures now?)
Hi Tim, only able to use my andriod phone as laptop has lost wless function-so thats away being fixed. When trying to load a picture the new page comes up-click on the choose file button-nothing! Or if the chosen file does come up-the upload button does-nothing!
Old 2 Jan 2015, 08:52 (Ref:3489460)   #18
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England

Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByTapatalk1420188718.080172.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	128.9 KB
ID:	44245seems ok on iphone. Oh and the Bristol has a slightly better cover on it today
Old 2 Jan 2015, 08:58 (Ref:3489462)   #19
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by GORDON STREETER View Post
Talking of the tunnel, one of my customers at the time was almost trapped in the big fire in 1999 but managed to do a million point turn amongst the deluge and go back.
He never used the tunnel again and I think it was shut for 3 or 4 years after a lorry loaded with margarine caught alight.
I'm not surprised he never went through the tunnel again. When using the route now you are left in no doubt as to the seriousness of that fire. As well as trucks having their emissions rating (paperwork) checked before getting to the top of the climb, at the check-in they then go through a scanner that looks for any excess heat from the vehicle. After going through barriers the traffic is then released at intervals, and all way through there are monitors that check your separation to vehicle in front and behind. Minimum and maximum speed limits also....

It was only two years later that the Gotthard tunnel also had a serious fire incident, so a bad time for the operators. Personally I would avoid the £450 round trip charge for a truck through MB if at all possible, but one alternative, driving through CH, costs as much in road tolls! S of France route also adds a lot of miles and tolls so occasionally have to grin and bare it.

Old 2 Jan 2015, 13:17 (Ref:3489500)   #20
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Photo posting test from phone. So what country is this plate- I thought I knew most but not this one. Israel? Middle East?
Attached Thumbnails
image.jpg  
Old 2 Jan 2015, 13:23 (Ref:3489502)   #21
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Iran?
Old 2 Jan 2015, 13:29 (Ref:3489504)   #22
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Today's temperature.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_20150102_151346.png  
Old 2 Jan 2015, 15:34 (Ref:3489525)   #23
Eric Falce
Veteran

United Kingdom
Orpington Kent
Eric Falce should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
A happy and healthy new year to everyone .
From Macon to Florence is exactly one hundred miles more going the Vent as against MB. Time wise the vent seems to go on and on so that's why we used to use M Cenisio,by far the shortest to Florence.
Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, wine in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"
Old 2 Jan 2015, 15:46 (Ref:3489529)   #24
terence
Veteran

Germany
Nordschleife
Still unable to join the "post a picture from your phone"competition.The function simply doesn't work over here.Must mbe the mountains getting in the way.
Old 2 Jan 2015, 17:47 (Ref:3489556)   #25
MGDavid
Veteran

England
Berkshire
MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!MGDavid is going for a new lap record!
Mike, presumably you've looked at using N91 via Briancon?
Over 100 miles shorter than the Monaco route, I took my old van and the Midget to Monza that way, it'd be a breeze in your truck.