Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 1 Jan 2019, 16:27 (Ref:3873448)   #1
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
DES REMPARTS D’ANGOULEME

For once not clashing with the Spa 6hrs weekend- but Goodwood Revival instead. Not that it will matter to most fans of the French event, which includes racing on the Sunday around the (closed) town streets.

The official website is not updated for 2019, but the local tourism site has plenty of info. http://www.angouleme-tourisme.co.uk/...s-in-angouleme

(It has an English version if you click on the appropriate flag top right...)
Old 1 Jan 2019, 17:29 (Ref:3873455)   #2
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Only a 1 day race event though Mike (I assume.)

So one could run a car at Goodwood, see it damaged beyond immediate repair and still have time to get to an alternative event in time for dinner before racing the next day.

Probably tricky to make dinner if going by road but a private aircraft of some sort should be fine.

Old 1 Jan 2019, 18:07 (Ref:3873460)   #3
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by grantp View Post
Only a 1 day race event though Mike (I assume.)
Correct.

I’ve not been, but from my understanding the streets are only closed on Sunday. There’s concours and a rally friday and saturday.
Old 1 Jan 2019, 18:25 (Ref:3873469)   #4
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
Correct.

I’ve not been, but from my understanding the streets are only closed on Sunday. There’s concours and a rally friday and saturday.
You should go Mike.

Had a great trip there a few years ago with young delta who was running Compte deG in the Juniors.

A friend of mine, a TR enthusiast amongst many other motoring interests, had a run there with 2 or 3 others in their Triumphs last year (might have been the year before) and thoroughly enjoyed it. (They stayed on and holidayed for a week afterwards.)
Old 1 Jan 2019, 18:35 (Ref:3873473)   #5
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
Originally Posted by grantp View Post
You should go Mike. Had a great trip there a few years ago with young delta who was running Compte deG in the Juniors.

A friend of mine, a TR enthusiast amongst many other motoring interests, had a run there with 2 or 3 others in their Triumphs last year (might have been the year before) and thoroughly enjoyed it. (They stayed on and holidayed for a week afterwards.)
I remember Compte going with his Junior. Every tenther that’s raced there has reported having a great time. Unfortunately this year we’ve got Monza weekend after and Spa6 weekend following that, so no way could make Angouleme as well.....
Old 1 Jan 2019, 19:47 (Ref:3873487)   #6
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
I remember Compte going with his Junior. Every tenther that’s raced there has reported having a great time. Unfortunately this year we’ve got Monza weekend after and Spa6 weekend following that, so no way could make Angouleme as well.....

Just set out early for Monza and take a slightly longer route ...

Stop off at Spa on the way back.

No problem.

Well, no problem if you get across the channel ..

Last edited by grantp; 1 Jan 2019 at 20:10.