Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Closed Thread

Old 21 Jan 2018, 20:19 (Ref:3794149)   #251
Alfaholic
Veteran

England
Felixstowe
Alfaholic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridAlfaholic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Bell View Post
I saw a TV ad for ‘Build your own Routemaster’, which is one of those weekly subscription things where you get a few parts sent each week. The model is an impressive 1/12 scale, but at £8.99 per week (first issue £1.99) how much is the total cost likely to be? Surprisingly, the website makes no mention......
There's going to be 130 issues according to the advert. Someone's already done the costing - £1157.70!
Old 21 Jan 2018, 21:02 (Ref:3794161)   #252
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
9pm UK - now starting on BBC4 - Hunt vs Lauda
Old 21 Jan 2018, 22:18 (Ref:3794177)   #253
midgetman
Veteran

midgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famemidgetman will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by John Elwin View Post
I've just finished watching it. It's another repeat but it was well worth watching again. Thoroughly enjoyed it.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk
Old 21 Jan 2018, 22:32 (Ref:3794181)   #254
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Anyone understand this weather we are having . My feet were blue this morning returning from Delta Sunday bike ride . I wondered why there were no other cyclist out on the roads . Me and Mrs Delta been to see “Darkest hour “ tonight . Dry good film but coming out of cinima and its 10 degrees .
Old 22 Jan 2018, 06:29 (Ref:3794243)   #255
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
I watched it again, and its an excellent insight. The BGP at Brands was extraordinary.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alfaholic View Post
There's going to be 130 issues according to the advert. Someone's already done the costing - £1157.70!
For that I'd want a full size one!
Old 22 Jan 2018, 07:13 (Ref:3794249)   #256
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
John Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridJohn Elwin should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by midgetman View Post
I've just finished watching it. It's another repeat but it was well worth watching again. Thoroughly enjoyed it.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

Yes, had seen it before but always worth watching again - there is a limit to how many times one would want to listen to Alastair Caldwell though!

I was actually at the Nurburgring in 1976, but a very long way from the accident. My first trip abroad, first foreign race. Did a lap of the 'Ring during the following week in my Fiat 124S.
Old 22 Jan 2018, 07:16 (Ref:3794250)   #257
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
Anyone understand this weather we are having . My feet were blue this morning returning from Delta Sunday bike ride . I wondered why there were no other cyclist out on the roads . Me and Mrs Delta been to see “Darkest hour “ tonight . Dry good film but coming out of cinima and its 10 degrees .

In short, no! Yesterday was truly horrible here with snow & rain all afternoon, had to park as close as possible to the door of the bar! Some friends had driven there too - and they only live next door to the place.

The Seine is threatening to flood in Paris & there was 2m of snow at Chamonix over the weekend.

This morning it is calm & 10-degrees here too...
Old 25 Jan 2018, 15:26 (Ref:3794977)   #258
gary396
Veteran

United Kingdom
Northallerton
gary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridgary396 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I see Silverstone are currently resurfacing the entire GP circuit and Donington the Wheatcroft straight and paddocks.

So if anyone on here lives in the Midlands gets a knock on the door from someone saying "We're doing some resurfacing in the area and have some Tarmac left over......"
Old 25 Jan 2018, 15:46 (Ref:3794987)   #259
grantp
Subscriber
Veteran

grantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridgrantp should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by gary396 View Post
I see Silverstone are currently resurfacing the entire GP circuit and Donington the Wheatcroft straight and paddocks.

So if anyone on here lives in the Midlands gets a knock on the door from someone saying "We're doing some resurfacing in the area and have some Tarmac left over......"
Hehe.

A high speed surface for the driveway!

It's noisy at Donington today. Something modernish with one of those noisy instant gear changes that sounds like a gunshot.

Sounds like they may have jut stopped. It's getting dark and it's started to rain.
Old 25 Jan 2018, 15:49 (Ref:3794988)   #260
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gary396 View Post

Donington were going to tarmac over the rough paddock area as well. Hope that’s done....

Mr Elwin is quiet, perhaps he’s joined the revolting fishermen for the day?
Old 25 Jan 2018, 16:23 (Ref:3794998)   #261
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
Quote:
Donington were going to tarmac over the rough paddock area as well. Hope that’s done....

Mr Elwin is quiet, perhaps he’s joined the revolting fishermen for the day?
Not much to say on the subject of resurfacing & much of the last couple of days have been taken up with veterinary visits - and no, the outcome was not happy.
Old 25 Jan 2018, 16:28 (Ref:3794999)   #262
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Mike, may be John is swimming right now. This morning I almost bent my front fork and a wheel "falling" in a monstrous hidden pot hole in the parisian tarmac. I can't imagine the same thing with a scooter though… Thanks 16" wheels are better than any 10" in this occasion !
Old 25 Jan 2018, 17:08 (Ref:3795015)   #263
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Quote:
much of the last couple of days have been taken up with veterinary visits - and no, the outcome was not happy.
Sorry to hear that John.
Old 25 Jan 2018, 17:15 (Ref:3795019)   #264
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
Quote:
Sorry to hear that John.
Thanks Mike. One of the cats had a tumour & liver failure, which led to his demise. After 13 years I was rather used to him being around, as were his brother & sister who have been roaming around looking for him.
Old 25 Jan 2018, 18:22 (Ref:3795043)   #265
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Thanks Mike. One of the cats had a tumour & liver failure, which led to his demise. After 13 years I was rather used to him being around, as were his brother & sister who have been roaming around looking for him.
Sorry to here this John . We have two cats in Delta house . Our Jack Russel is petrified of them both . If he sees a cat in the road he will go he’ll for leather and chase it .
Old 25 Jan 2018, 18:23 (Ref:3795044)   #266
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!Gerard C has a real shot at the championship!
Really sorry for you John. Unfortunately I do know about this kind of feeling. They are our friends and sometimes more. Much more.
Old 25 Jan 2018, 18:47 (Ref:3795049)   #267
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gerard C View Post
Really sorry for you John. Unfortunately I do know about this kind of feeling. They are our friends and sometimes more. Much more.
You're right, Gerard - they are our friends & more. Might sound stupid, but this little lot have certainly helped me through some difficult times...
Old 25 Jan 2018, 19:26 (Ref:3795063)   #268
E.B
Veteran

United Kingdom
About 7kms East of Albert Park Melbourne
E.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameE.B will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Sorry for your loss John. I have 2 cats and they are both over 10 now. I could not imagine life without them.

I lost the two I had prior to my current ones and, even though they were 16 and 19 when they died it was like losing family members, which of course they are.. I still have photos on the mantle.
Old 25 Jan 2018, 19:42 (Ref:3795067)   #269
VIVA GT
Veteran

England
Leicestershire
VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!VIVA GT is going for a new world record!
Sorry for your loss John. We've had pets (cats & dogs) for the last 20 years and when you lose one, it's heartbreaking. I thing their bond is different to the bond you have with humans, you can't discus or explain things to your pets (no matter how many times we try!), but the feedback you get from them is irreplaceable...
Old 25 Jan 2018, 20:18 (Ref:3795080)   #270
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
Quote:
Originally Posted by VIVA GT View Post
Sorry for your loss John. We've had pets (cats & dogs) for the last 20 years and when you lose one, it's heartbreaking. I thing their bond is different to the bond you have with humans, you can't discus or explain things to your pets (no matter how many times we try!), but the feedback you get from them is irreplaceable...
I'm pretty sure they understand a lot more than we know - my female one particularly, is very perceptive (I guess that applies to females of all species!).
Old 25 Jan 2018, 20:54 (Ref:3795094)   #271
Gerard C
Veteran

France
My place
Wanda, the female who join us almost 5 years ago is really a special person. She is hardly 2.5 kilos and imagining her brain size I dont know how she manages to stock so many informations plus what she got from birth. The Kolonel, the male, is the best friend I had ever. He doesn't smoke, doesn't drink my cognac, love and respect my girl friend and you can see all the good things he has inside of him through his eyes. Ce sont nos deux fantastiques.
Old 26 Jan 2018, 14:06 (Ref:3795259)   #272
GORDON STREETER
Veteran

Spain
Kent+Mojacar Spain, but not always ?
GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!GORDON STREETER is going for a new world record!
Click image for larger version

Name:	C2.JPG
Views:	9
Size:	2.56 MB
ID:	50955
I like cats but I can't eat a whole one !
Balls of steel (knob of butter) They're Asking For Larkins. ( Proper beer) not you're Eurofizz crap. Hace más calor en España. Me han conocido a hablar un montón cojones! Send any cheques and cash to PO box 1 Lagos Nigeria Africa !
Old 26 Jan 2018, 19:12 (Ref:3795301)   #273
bauble
Veteran

England
Potton, far from the madding crowd.
bauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebauble will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I can supply two replacements, both male, Blackie, demanding and ungrateful, Bozo loving and always thankful for what he receives. Blackie demands to be brushed, but never says thank you, Bozo loves to sit on your lap and sleep until someone rattles a feed bowl.

No charge must be collected though.

Free litter trays, feeding/water bowls.
Old 27 Jan 2018, 14:54 (Ref:3795418)   #274
John Elwin
Veteran

France
Pas de Calais
Just a little reminder that Le Touquet Enduropale is live on Motorpsort TV tomorrow afternoon, the programme starting at 1215 UK time.
Old 30 Jan 2018, 10:52 (Ref:3796824)   #275
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quick trip home for the weekend. Race licence medical done thanks to Motor Racing Medics, new glasses being made by local opticians. MRL entry fees paid for the year. Good calendar with 60mins at Donington, 2x30mins at Thruxton, 45mins at Silverstone Classic, 50mins at Gold Cup, then 2hrs at Portimao.

Going back to work tomorrow.
Closed Thread