Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Barn Finds > IRL Indycar Series

Old 8 Jun 2003, 02:07 (Ref:624206)   #1
rush1
Veteran

rush1 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Little Al!!

great to see him win. Way to hold off Kanaan!
Old 8 Jun 2003, 05:16 (Ref:624240)   #2
sgw2
Racer

United States
Sunnyvale, California
sgw2 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Texas was an awesome race. I'm going to have to find a way to go to that race next year.

Congrats to little Al. He ran well all night. Too bad Scheckter's crew and car gave out on him. Might have been different.

A congrats to my favorite Bryan Herta to do so well in his IRL debut. A clean fifth place after a nice late race save. I hope he lands a fulltime ride soon.

I love that Texas race!
Old 8 Jun 2003, 09:08 (Ref:624324)   #3
GoFaster
Racer

GoFaster should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
95k + on hand for the event!..not to mention ESPN.Another GREAT one as always.
Old 8 Jun 2003, 10:03 (Ref:624359)   #4
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
And Little Al's second in the championship...

Anyone think no-one will win two races this year?
Old 8 Jun 2003, 10:53 (Ref:624398)   #5
Down F0rce
Veteran

Scotland
Aberdeenshire, Scotland
Down F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridDown F0rce should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Little Al takes the win!

Al Unser jr. won last night's Bombardier 500! Tony Kannan and Tora Takagi rounded off the podium. I think Al did a great job last night, he is certainly overdue for a win.

Although, I think Tomas Schekter would be my "driver of the race". He got the pole, and he did everything right and then it all fell apart through no fault of his own, with his crew messing up the stop and then his car failing with what looked like suspension failure.

Tora Takagi also ran a very strong race, was very impressed with him. Was slightly less impressed of course when he took out Scott Sharp and his own team mate, Giaffone. I wouldn't put all the blame on him though, he just saw a chance to get past them but when he pulled alongside that gap he saw was gone and that was the end of Sharp and Giaffone. It's espsially a shame for Sharp, he was also looking very strong. The Kelly Racing team looked like the team to beat in Texas.

What happened to Penske? They dominated the Indy 500 and they were just nowhere today.

Tony Kannan drove very well also. He finished 2nd, and increased his lead in the championship. He's been running very strong in most of the races so far...could it be his year....?

And one last note - what a race!!! Great side by side action that the Indycar Series can do better than no one else.

So it's on to Pikes Peak next week, but in the meantime - This ones for you, Little Al

Last edited by Down F0rce; 8 Jun 2003 at 11:18.
Old 8 Jun 2003, 11:54 (Ref:624433)   #6
Jack Man
Racer

Canada
Mississauga Ont Canada
Jack Man should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Glad to see Little Al back in the winner circle. It was a great race. Too bad Tora had a bit of brain fade trying to pass below the line is just plain crazy.
Old 8 Jun 2003, 14:40 (Ref:624591)   #7
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
Anyone think Little Al might be up for the title?
Old 8 Jun 2003, 16:19 (Ref:624697)   #8
racefanatic
Racer

United States
Mindy
racefanatic should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
That accident really didn't look like it was all Tora's fault. It was probably a bad decision to go below the line... but it looked like at the same time Felipe was moving down more than he needed to, and Scott Sharp really just had nowhere to go!

It was nice to see Little Al win after losing last year at Texas AND at Chicago. As far as the championship goes, I really don't see him being there at the end.

I feel bad for Gil, he seems to have pretty bad luck at that track! I was SO happy for Bryan Herta though! I miss that guy! It was a great race and I'm glad that there were no injuries.
Old 8 Jun 2003, 20:34 (Ref:624944)   #9
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Great drive by Al Junior, showing that he is still up to the job. Scott Sharp did well too in the sister car and deserved a result. He's got Takagi to blame though, it's galling when the guy whose idiocy causes an incident is the one who continues okay.

Herta did an impressive job, considering that ovals aren't seen as being his strong point.
Old 9 Jun 2003, 01:58 (Ref:625237)   #10
marcus
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

Australia
Australia
marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!marcus has a real shot at the podium!
yep not a bad race at all , well done to little Al on a fine effort , but ya gotta feel for Schekter , he had the speed and dont think anyone could have beaten him , but thats the luck of the draw I guess , one day his luck has to change doesnt it ?

as for the Takagi/Sharp/Giaffone incident , thats racing , yes i guess Tora sort of caused it but when he pulled to the inside there was a huge gap there but as was said above by the time he got there the gap was closing , and i must add he did a great job to hang onto his car after the contact.

a fine race by actually , i expected quite a bit more carnage but there wasnt and it was most entertaining.
Old 9 Jun 2003, 18:11 (Ref:626214)   #11
Tim Northcutt
Veteran

United States
Indianapolis
Tim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridTim Northcutt should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Sharp had the best car on the track once Tomas pulled the fuel hose out (not his fault -- balme the right front tire man who gave him a "go" before the nozzle was clear)...

A few laps before the takagi/Sharp/Giafone wreck, Sarp went from 5th to 2nd, and had a run on Little Al when a back-marker got in the way...he had to let off to tuck in lower behind Al and by the time he got abck his momentum, he was back to 5th again...

He still had a podium spot (he was faster than Giafone and Kanaan most of the night)before Takagi went on his run and ran out of room.

One American Open Wheel Series!
Old 9 Jun 2003, 22:29 (Ref:626557)   #12
GTRMagic
Race Official
1% Club

Australia
Sell me this pen....
GTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameGTRMagic will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Is the story being written by central cassting if Al Unser Jr wins the series... the former champion, battling his own demons, and those of alcohol and illicit substances comes back from the brink to win the series....

Sounds like 'Driven' a bit now doesnt it?
“Everybody Lies” - Dr Gregory House
Old 10 Jun 2003, 00:37 (Ref:626631)   #13
Speeddemon555
Veteran

Speeddemon555 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hey, he's in second place in the point standings. IRL champion in the future.