Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 30 Nov 2003, 23:30 (Ref:799660)   #1
TedN
Racer

Canada
Georgetown, ON, Canada
TedN should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridTedN should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Who Will Montoya Race For At Melbourne?

Interesting read here on various racing topics. Here is the author's take on Montoya in 2004 ....

Nov. 29, 2003. 01:00 AM
Is Montoya trying to drive a hard bargain?
F1 driver set to jump ship in 2005
Williams may push him out earlier
by NORRIS MCDONALD
Toronto Star

---------------------------------------------------------

I've removed the copied text and left the link due to copyright. Please follow the link to the story which is worth a read.

ST

Last edited by Super Tourer; 1 Dec 2003 at 16:14.
Old 1 Dec 2003, 02:31 (Ref:799769)   #2
enemy-ace
Veteran

Canada
toronto, ontario, canada
enemy-ace should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I've read this guy's articles every Saturday, I think just to **** myself off. Some of the **** that comes from this guy is really incredible sometimes. Not to long ago he was talking of Jeff Gordon (NASCAR) driving a Williams full time. He's best ignored or considered a fool!
A torrential afternoon practice session in Watkins Glen saw Villeneuve out-qualify everyone. By 11 seconds.Scheckter stated: "I scared myself rigid that day, I thought I had to be quickest. Then I saw Gilles's time and - I still don't really understand how it was possible. Eleven seconds !"
Old 1 Dec 2003, 03:07 (Ref:799791)   #3
RWC
Veteran

RWC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Oh,for goodness sake GET A GRIP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 1 Dec 2003, 06:47 (Ref:799916)   #4
Irv the Swerve
Veteran

Irv the Swerve should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Widgets, eh? Mr. Williams and Mr. Dennis would be thrilled.
Old 1 Dec 2003, 12:23 (Ref:800250)   #5
rpolinski
Racer

Australia
rpolinski should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
The main problem with that guy's story is that JPM isn't designing the widget, he's just using the thing. As long as he doesn't run down to McLaren before qualifying to tell them Ralf's fuel strategy.

Last edited by rpolinski; 1 Dec 2003 at 12:26.
Old 1 Dec 2003, 16:06 (Ref:800445)   #6
climb
Veteran

St Pierre and Miquelon
closer than you thought!
climb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridclimb should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Consider that drivers who announce a shift by august, normally had decided (in theirselves) to leave long before; from a substancial point of view it's absolutely the same thing; nay, JOM's behavior is better, being absolutely straightforward, better than some drivers who promise to be faithful to a team (or say nothing about quitting), and then, at the last moment, decide to go (e.g. Hornish)
Old 1 Dec 2003, 16:17 (Ref:800455)   #7
garcon
Weasel Wrangler
Veteran

Antarctica
Wilmslow, Cheshire
garcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famegarcon will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Not sure which planet he's on, but it ain't the same one as me.

JPM will be driving a Williams at Melbourne 2004, and barring injury or catastrophe he'll be driving a Williams at every other track in 2004 too.
Old 1 Dec 2003, 17:01 (Ref:800490)   #8
avsfan733
Veteran

avsfan733 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Ya hes definitely at Wiliams, Probably using this early announcment as a bargaining point in case he wins the WDC this year, try and get Williams to pay more and keep him. A lot of data is already shared between williams and Mcclaren because of the tire stuff...how much i don't know, but its probably a lot.

I also absolutely agree with what he said about Brundle
Old 1 Dec 2003, 17:47 (Ref:800537)   #9
EERO
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

United States
Massachusetts
EERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridEERO should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
A foolish source, yes, but the winds haven't died down. Enough different sources have alluded to a sizable shake up in F1 before Melbourne that I'll hold my opinions until the Parade lap on March 7, 2004..
Old 1 Dec 2003, 17:59 (Ref:800550)   #10
Ryo28
Racer

United Kingdom
Stockport, UK (and Leeds Uni)
Ryo28 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I wouldn't bother listening to anyone who thinks that they know enough about motorsport to write articles about it, and yet reguards Sebastien Bourdais as "unknown"...
Old 1 Dec 2003, 18:10 (Ref:800556)   #11
ElScOrChO
Racer

ElScOrChO should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally posted by rpolinski
The main problem with that guy's story is that JPM isn't designing the widget, he's just using the thing.
Spot on!

Anyway, Montoya stays next year, and Willams will give hime the same car as Ralf because Frank doesn't care about Drivers Championship. What he wants is the Constructor's Championship!
Old 2 Dec 2003, 00:08 (Ref:800851)   #12
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by rpolinski
As long as he doesn't run down to McLaren before qualifying to tell them Ralf's fuel strategy.
He might tell them Ralf's, but he won't tell them his own, he wants to win
Old 2 Dec 2003, 00:46 (Ref:800889)   #13
GP Racer
Veteran

United States
"The Big Apple"
GP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridGP Racer should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I'm with you EERO, nothing can be ruled out. In a world where contracts mean next to nothing, and lawyers rule the sports world, I wouldn't be at all surprised if Montoya is driving a McLaren in 2004, and DC finds himself in the Williams.

That deal is probably closer than we know...

Danica Patrick
Old 2 Dec 2003, 00:52 (Ref:800897)   #14
Kirk
Veteran

Kirk has a lot of promise if they can keep it on the circuit!
DC to Williams? .... That deal is probably closer than we know... I think not! But I do doubt that FW/PH are comfortable in the current situation. The winter will be a long one waiting for Melbourne and who will be in the Williams cockpit(s) to start the first race.

Last edited by Kirk; 2 Dec 2003 at 00:56.
Old 2 Dec 2003, 01:28 (Ref:800948)   #15
Mr V
Veteran

England
The city of bridges (one day!)
Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!Mr V has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally posted by Kirk
who will be in the Williams cockpit(s) to start the first race.
JPM and Rafe. There is no way that Frank will allow JPM to go to Mac in 04 now that he's already tested the new car.
Old 2 Dec 2003, 01:44 (Ref:800961)   #16
Thorstone
Veteran

Thorstone should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
JPM will be driving a Williams at Melbourne 2004
Old 2 Dec 2003, 02:10 (Ref:800979)   #17
TBSMC
Rookie

TBSMC should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I wouldn't count on it!

There's a reason McLaren announced their driver lineup a year in advance, what that reason is, that's anyone’s guess, but I wouldn't be surprised if it was an attempt to get the over-rated JPM to McLaren a year sooner.
Old 2 Dec 2003, 16:07 (Ref:801594)   #18
Logrence
Veteran

Wales
Logrence should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I really wouldn't be surprised if DC did go back to Williams - it's either him or Barrichello...

And teams put designers on gardening leave - why mightn't they do it with Montoya and have Gene in the car this season?
Old 2 Dec 2003, 18:32 (Ref:801732)   #19
facco
Racer

facco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
JPM will drive for McLaren this next March at Melbourne.
Old 3 Dec 2003, 18:25 (Ref:802886)   #20
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
JPM... i still think it is 50-50!! i mean it seems quite early for MAC to confirm a 2005 deal!
Old 3 Dec 2003, 18:35 (Ref:802896)   #21
BootsOntheSide
Veteran

England
Eastbourne, England
BootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridBootsOntheSide should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Stop stating rumours as facts, people. As it starts, Williams will be running Ralf and Montoya in 2004. Any other suggestions are rumours - that's why the question mark was invented. Use it.
Old 3 Dec 2003, 18:42 (Ref:802905)   #22
ralf fan
Forum Host
Veteran

United Nations
Apartment No.203
ralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridralf fan should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
geeeezz.... sorry BOOTS!!
??????? (that better then?? )

Old 3 Dec 2003, 23:12 (Ref:803155)   #23
f1manoz
Veteran

Australia
Lincolnshire, UK
f1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridf1manoz should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
JPM will be in a Williams for the 2004 Australian GP at Albert Park, Melbourne. Where else would he be?
Old 4 Dec 2003, 10:37 (Ref:803547)   #24
DriverT
Veteran

United Kingdom
Silverstone
DriverT should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I think the suggestion that he will go to McLaren in 2004 is a foolish one. Why would Uncle Frank let his prize talent just leave?
Old 4 Dec 2003, 15:19 (Ref:803816)   #25
facco
Racer

facco should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
He will leave at the end of the season, but that announcement made so early has another intention

Tags
jpm