Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > National & Club Racing

Old 20 Jun 2007, 12:10 (Ref:1942466)   #1
Motormouth
Racer

Ireland
Motormouth should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Phoenix Park Website up~ Dates Announced!

The Phoenix Park races will run on 11th and 12th August in the centre of Dublin.
www.phoenixparkmotorraces.com
Last year, a few ten-tenths users came to race, anyone coming this year??

Last edited by Motormouth; 20 Jun 2007 at 12:13.
Old 20 Jun 2007, 12:38 (Ref:1942491)   #2
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
MagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
I'll certainly be there, and with any luck I'll have some Ten-Tenths stickers for people to put on the sides of their cars!

Oh, and nice website, pity about the forum!
Old 20 Jun 2007, 13:04 (Ref:1942519)   #3
Old Cars
Rookie

Old Cars should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Park Forum

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnetON
I'll certainly be there, and with any luck I'll have some Ten-Tenths stickers for people to put on the sides of their cars!

Oh, and nice website, pity about the forum!
Feel free to post in both........!
Old 20 Jun 2007, 13:31 (Ref:1942529)   #4
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
MagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMagnetON will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Cars
Feel free to post in both........!
Erm, Nah, I think I'll stick to my own forum thanks
Old 20 Jun 2007, 14:27 (Ref:1942555)   #5
Tim Falce
Race Official
Veteran

England
Very edge of S E London almost in Kent
Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!Tim Falce is going for a new world record!
I've been invited along with the rest of our series but for myself it will work out far too expensive so....Pass.
Old 20 Jun 2007, 20:45 (Ref:1942866)   #6
Motormouth
Racer

Ireland
Have you checked out the Ferry deals? Both stenaline.ie and irishferries.ie have great motorsport deals available??
Alternatively, get a Ryanair over and enjoy the atmosphere.....great weekend.
Some cheap arrive and drive rental deals around too in Formula Vee and Fiat Uno classes.............
Old 20 Jun 2007, 21:09 (Ref:1942894)   #7
Ian Sowman
Veteran

Ian Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridIan Sowman should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I don't seem to be doing anything else that weekend so it is sort of tempting...
Old 21 Jun 2007, 09:03 (Ref:1943183)   #8
graeme
Veteran

United Kingdom
Macclesfield
graeme should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by falcemob
I've been invited along with the rest of our series but for myself it will work out far too expensive so....Pass.
It's one of the best events I've ever done - don't pass it by for the sake of a few quid on a ferry.
Old 21 Jun 2007, 09:28 (Ref:1943202)   #9
Point-5
Racer

Ireland
Ireland
Point-5 should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Great weekend, I've a couple of Fiat cars available for rent if anyone was interested
Old 21 Jun 2007, 10:30 (Ref:1943236)   #10
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!
who's the contact for the arrive and drives?

There's a guy I'm working with who might be interested?
Old 22 Jun 2007, 08:36 (Ref:1944001)   #11
Motormouth
Racer

Ireland
Myself or Point 5 for the Fiats, and if its a Vee you want, I'm sure I could make a few enquiries...................
Old 26 Jun 2007, 15:40 (Ref:1947337)   #12
Motormouth
Racer

Ireland
The Press Launch was yesterday, loads of media there, very well run. Pics aleady up on www.conconnolly.com
Old 26 Jun 2007, 15:46 (Ref:1947341)   #13
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
Quote:
Originally Posted by Motormouth
The Press Launch was yesterday, loads of media there, very well run. Pics aleady up on www.conconnolly.com
And the owners of Ten-Tenths weren't invited!
Old 29 Jun 2007, 17:57 (Ref:1949920)   #14
eamonn ledwidge
Racer

Ireland
Fyfield, Essex, UK
eamonn ledwidge should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
phoenix park

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagnetON
And the owners of Ten-Tenths weren't invited!
OOps, that may have been my fault, you slipped below my radar - no slight or offence intended. We will have another in a couple of weeks for the order of racing draw - will shoot you a PM invite.

Anyone from UK planning a trip, please send me a PM for ferry discount deal details. This year will be super & a couple of real surprises in the pipeline!.
Old 2 Jul 2007, 06:42 (Ref:1952005)   #15
Doc Hollywood
Racer

Ireland
Dublin, Ireland
Doc Hollywood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDoc Hollywood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDoc Hollywood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Picked up my entry form yesterday after a very enjoyable and productive test on Saturday in my, and I use the term very loosely, "new" Formula Vee. (It's a '94 Sheane, but it has lots of new bits in it!!!)

Sending it off to be sprayed later in the month and that'll be me ready to race!

Roll on August!
Old 3 Jul 2007, 06:22 (Ref:1953043)   #16
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
Quote:
Originally Posted by eamonn ledwidge
OOps, that may have been my fault, you slipped below my radar - no slight or offence intended. We will have another in a couple of weeks for the order of racing draw - will shoot you a PM invite.
Oooh, that would be cool.
Old 3 Jul 2007, 09:15 (Ref:1953181)   #17
EvilPumpkin
CCNA
Royalridge Computing
A LARGE Teapot
Veteran

Ireland
EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!EvilPumpkin is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doc Hollywood

Roll on August!
No! No Rolling. BAD Hollywood!
Old 3 Jul 2007, 09:29 (Ref:1953194)   #18
woodster
Rookie

Ireland
Dublin 24.
woodster should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I cant wait, I have being going to the park since I can remember.

The car park layout was great last year, hopefully will be the same again.

Are the races going to be championship rounds?
Old 3 Jul 2007, 09:34 (Ref:1953203)   #19
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
Quote:
Originally Posted by woodster
Are the races going to be championship rounds?
Unlikely. I was told that it was the general opinion among the classes that the Park, being a non-permanent circuit, is "dangerous" and that if it was a championship round then people who would normally consider the Park unsafe to race on would be pressurised into taking part for the sake of the points.
Old 3 Jul 2007, 10:19 (Ref:1953249)   #20
Doc Hollywood
Racer

Ireland
Dublin, Ireland
Doc Hollywood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDoc Hollywood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridDoc Hollywood should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
I think it's safe to say that none of the races will count towards a championship as per the last few years.
Old 3 Jul 2007, 10:24 (Ref:1953257)   #21
woodster
Rookie

Ireland
Dublin 24.
woodster should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
I dont see how making the races count twords a championship will make the track more dangerous.

But even still I will be there on both days,hopefully one of the suprises will be a demo run of an F1 car, you vant beat the sound of an F1 car throught the trees.
Old 3 Jul 2007, 10:55 (Ref:1953297)   #22
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
Quote:
Originally Posted by woodster
I dont see how making the races count twords a championship will make the track more dangerous.
Making the races chamipionship doesn't make the TRACK more dangerous. The point is that the Park is seen as a dangerous track by some drivers and it would be unfair to force them to race on that track for championship points.

Personally, given the recent resurfacing work etc., I think it should be given championship status. If it's considered safe enough to get a track license then it's safe enough to have championship races on......
Old 3 Jul 2007, 13:09 (Ref:1953393)   #23
Doc Hollywood
Racer

Ireland
Dublin, Ireland
To be honest I think it should stay non-Championship. Re-surfacing will make the track surface smoother, more grippy etc but the run-off areas in the park tend to have a light sprinkling of oak trees that will win when a car hits them. The amount of work needed to make the park "safe" would destroy the event that it is.

If nothing else, driver discipline in some Irish classes is very poor, and the last place to be "nudging" someone out of the way to gain points is in the park.
Old 3 Jul 2007, 13:16 (Ref:1953399)   #24
MagnetON
Admin
Veteran

MagnetON
Dublin
I still stick by my comments that if the Park is safe enough to be granted a track license then it's safe enough to race on.
Old 4 Jul 2007, 08:55 (Ref:1954004)   #25
bazzmch
Rookie

Ireland
dublin
bazzmch should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
i met with the trees last year but ill be back this year to try stay on the track