Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 14 Feb 2021, 13:26 (Ref:4035086)   #1
BTCC frog
Veteran

BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!
Best Grand Prix of all time

What was the best Grand Prix of all time?
Old 14 Feb 2021, 13:30 (Ref:4035087)   #2
BTCC frog
Veteran

BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!BTCC frog is going for a new world record!
Personally, I think the best race ever was the Canadian Grand Prix in 2011. Wet races always score highly in terms of excitement, but I think this one was particularly brilliant, and I actually think the two hour wait made the second half of the race even better. But best of all was Jenson Button winning after six pitstops, a drive-through, two collisions, and being in last place after half distance.
Old 14 Feb 2021, 13:53 (Ref:4035088)   #3
The Fat Clerk
Veteran

Northern Ireland
Bishopscourt
The Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridThe Fat Clerk should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
For me it was the European @ Donington in 92. I was lucky enough to be marshalling it, and for me it changed my opinion about Ayrton Senna, that really was a masterclass.
Old 14 Feb 2021, 14:26 (Ref:4035099)   #4
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by The Fat Clerk View Post
For me it was the European @ Donington in 92. I was lucky enough to be marshalling it, and for me it changed my opinion about Ayrton Senna, that really was a masterclass.
Yep, for me, this was the most memorable GP I've ever seen.
Old 14 Feb 2021, 14:56 (Ref:4035105)   #5
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
In my lifetime, Silverstone 08. At least in terms of the most mesmerising display. Although the title deciding Brazilian GP that season was perhaps the most dramatic nail biter I have experienced. Of all time? Tough one. 53 French GP, 57 French GP, 61 Monaco GP, 67 Italian GP, 79 French GP, 85 Portuguese GP, 93 European GP, 05 Japanese GP and the above mentioned British GP would be my candidates. And that’s before we add great title deciders. 64 Mexican GP, 76 Japanese GP, 86 Australian GP, 08 Brazil, 12 Brazil
Old 14 Feb 2021, 15:21 (Ref:4035107)   #6
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Of course the Donington GP was 1993.....
Old 14 Feb 2021, 16:51 (Ref:4035114)   #7
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Without thinking too hard I’ll plump for Adelaide 1986. Good racing, drama and the added bonus of a title on the line.
Old 14 Feb 2021, 16:54 (Ref:4035116)   #8
crmalcolm
Subscriber
Veteran

Nepal
Exactly where I need to be.
crmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famecrmalcolm will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Bahrain - 2004
Old 14 Feb 2021, 18:13 (Ref:4035123)   #9
Mike Harte
Veteran

United Kingdom
W. Yorkshire
Mike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike Harte will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Probably the 1969 Italian GP, with 4 drivers contesting for the top spot right to the end, with Stewart just 8/100ths of a second in front of Rindt to take the flag first with the other two just behind.
Old 14 Feb 2021, 19:07 (Ref:4035130)   #10
steve_r
Veteran

Lord Howe Island
European Capital of Culture 2008
steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!steve_r is going for a new world record!
Brazil 2008 is surely worthy of a mention. Poor old Massa seemingly had the title in his pocket until the last corner of the last lap of his home Grand Prix. Amazing race. It produced huge drama.
Old 14 Feb 2021, 19:52 (Ref:4035133)   #11
peebee2
Veteran

peebee2 User had had their licence endorsedpeebee2 User had had their licence endorsed
Donington 93 was a great first lap but Monaco 82 takes some beating for an exciting climax.
Old 15 Feb 2021, 07:26 (Ref:4035175)   #12
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Silverstone 2003 was another stonker. Not a bad year for good racing.
Old 15 Feb 2021, 07:30 (Ref:4035176)   #13
bathurst77
Veteran

Australia
Biding my time in Vandemonia
bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!
Speaking of
has anyone watched the series "race to perfection"?
Its quite good, give it a 7/10..
but it made me impatient for season 2021
has a feature on best races
for aussies its on Stan pay tv
Old 15 Feb 2021, 07:34 (Ref:4035177)   #14
bathurst77
Veteran

Australia
Biding my time in Vandemonia
bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!bathurst77 has a real shot at the podium!
There were a few rippers last year britain and turkey come to mind
f1.com says
Your top five races of 2020 as voted by users

Position Race % of vote
1 Turkish Grand Prix 33%
2 Italian Grand Prix 25%
3 Sakhir Grand Prix 18%
4 Austrian Grand Prix 5%
5 Tuscan Grand Prix 4%
Old 15 Feb 2021, 07:37 (Ref:4035178)   #15
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Mexico in 90 and 91 were very good.
Old 15 Feb 2021, 07:40 (Ref:4035179)   #16
coppice
Veteran

Australia
Thirsk, North Yorkshire
coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!
Italian GP 1971 - why would anyone think differently ? First five finishers placed just over half a second apart , winner 0.1 ahead of second place, a debut winner and one of the most charismatic circuits ever used. Unlike - Jesus- Bahrain ....
Old 15 Feb 2021, 07:45 (Ref:4035182)   #17
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

Most people will pick races that they saw in their lifetime I guess?

The old Monza years were great 1969 and 71 are legendary without question.
Old 15 Feb 2021, 09:10 (Ref:4035195)   #18
morninggents
Veteran

England
Up north, near York.
morninggents should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by coppice View Post
Italian GP 1971 - why would anyone think differently ? First five finishers placed just over half a second apart , winner 0.1 ahead of second place, a debut winner and one of the most charismatic circuits ever used. Unlike - Jesus- Bahrain ....

I would have to go with this one too. The lead pack for most of the race numbered 6 cars with the lead changing hands several times per lap. The winner, Peter Gethin, led over the line only on the last lap, I think, and never led for a whole lap.
Old 15 Feb 2021, 10:07 (Ref:4035208)   #19
wolfhound
Veteran

Ireland
wolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridwolfhound should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
How about 1975 Dutch GP when Hunt held off Lauda for many laps.
Old 15 Feb 2021, 10:41 (Ref:4035211)   #20
Plantagenet
Rookie

United Kingdom
Plantagenet should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPlantagenet should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridPlantagenet should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Spa 98 for me. Awesome circuit in awful weather and lots of plots lines - first Jordan win, horrific first-lap pile-up, Jordan team orders and 'that' contra-temps with Schumacher and Coulthard.
Old 15 Feb 2021, 20:01 (Ref:4035319)   #21
bjohnsonsmith
Race Official
20KPINAL

United States
London, England
bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!bjohnsonsmith is the undisputed Champion of the World!
1976 British GP, Brands Hatch. It pretty much had everything you could want in a race. A popular win, with the event itself steeped in controversy and drama, resulting in the subsequent disqualification of race winner, James Hunt. Prior to the British GP, Hunt had been recently reinstated as winner of the Spanish GP, after his initial disqualification from that race. You couldn't make it up.
Old 15 Feb 2021, 21:16 (Ref:4035333)   #22
Greem
Veteran

United Kingdom
Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!Greem is the undisputed Champion of the World!
1982 Caesars Palace Grand Prix. The best race ever on the best circuit ever.

Or did I dream that?

I know Alboreto won, though. And it was his first win, which I assume was special.
Old 16 Feb 2021, 00:52 (Ref:4035357)   #23
Skam85
Veteran

Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!Skam85 has a real shot at the championship!
Nurburgring 99. Brazil 2003.
Old 16 Feb 2021, 08:25 (Ref:4035379)   #24
coppice
Veteran

Australia
Thirsk, North Yorkshire
coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!coppice is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by bjohnsonsmith View Post
1976 British GP, Brands Hatch. It pretty much had everything you could want in a race. A popular win, with the event itself steeped in controversy and drama, resulting in the subsequent disqualification of race winner, James Hunt. Prior to the British GP, Hunt had been recently reinstated as winner of the Spanish GP, after his initial disqualification from that race. You couldn't make it up.
I know the race has gone into legend , but it was unforgettable for some of the wrong reasons. I don't like mobs , but in the middle of the feverish crowd at Clearways baying for Hunt , it felt like being part of one, and the whole day, even at 8am , had felt a spit away from a riot. I guess the whole country had already gone slightly mad anyway in that baking summer .

I am maybe in the minority - I don't really care who wins , abhor the more xenophobic elements of fandom (Silverstone 92 ) and just want a good race.
Old 16 Feb 2021, 09:09 (Ref:4035383)   #25
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by coppice View Post
I know the race has gone into legend , but it was unforgettable for some of the wrong reasons. I don't like mobs , but in the middle of the feverish crowd at Clearways baying for Hunt , it felt like being part of one, and the whole day, even at 8am , had felt a spit away from a riot. I guess the whole country had already gone slightly mad anyway in that baking summer .

I am maybe in the minority - I don't really care who wins , abhor the more xenophobic elements of fandom (Silverstone 92 ) and just want a good race.
Amen to that. Crowd invasions of anykind are disgraceful!

Silverstone was lucky not to lose the GP after that 'Mansell Mania'.