Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Single Seater Racing > Formula One

Old 4 Mar 2017, 14:34 (Ref:3716440)   #1
F1Pete
Veteran

Canada
Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
F1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridF1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Bottas vs Hamilton

Bottas with the quickest lap time.
Bottas with the track record.
Bottas with the most consistent lap times.

P1 Bottas

Bottas 1 Hamilton 0

Not bad for a "new" guy getting used to a new team and different car.
Old 4 Mar 2017, 14:38 (Ref:3716442)   #2
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
And if pre-season testing was worth anything then Prost GP would've won the 2001 championships.
Old 4 Mar 2017, 14:46 (Ref:3716443)   #3
JeremySmith
Veteran

United Kingdom
Austin Texas
JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!JeremySmith is going for a new world record!
Yes it's unwise at this point to draw any conclusions as no one outside of the team really knows what programs are being run by either driver ..
Old 4 Mar 2017, 15:20 (Ref:3716450)   #4
Quartermiler
Rookie

England
Quartermiler should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Positive start for Valtteri and early days of course.

It will be interesting to see how he deals with Lewis and his team mentally, if indeed he can match the speed.

And interesting to see just how Merc will deal with the inevitable fireworks if Valtteri does indeed prove capable of pushing Lewis.

Valtteri appears a little soft mentally to me, but maybe that's his style and he's a bull underneath that calm persona. We'll see
Old 4 Mar 2017, 18:59 (Ref:3716484)   #5
F1Pete
Veteran

Canada
Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
F1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the gridF1Pete should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Hamilton says so far that Valtteri is the best team mate he has ever had. Early days for sure, but yes a positive start for Bottas.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 5 Mar 2017, 00:40 (Ref:3716529)   #6
Adam43
14th
1% Club

European Union
New Orleans
Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!Adam43 is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I reckon that this will be decided in the favour of most earrings.
Old 5 Mar 2017, 12:52 (Ref:3716648)   #7
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Hamilton says a lot of things, he's not the most truthful of people around.
Old 5 Mar 2017, 15:49 (Ref:3716679)   #8
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
Lewis may say things without thinking, but I would never say he was a liar. I think Bottas doesn't appear to have much of an ego which is good for the team, but may also work against him. However I can see him giving Lewis a hard time this season
Old 5 Mar 2017, 15:56 (Ref:3716686)   #9
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
Lewis may say things without thinking, but I would never say he was a liar. I think Bottas doesn't appear to have much of an ego which is good for the team, but may also work against him. However I can see him giving Lewis a hard time this season
I think that's right, Lewis often speaks without engaging the brain, but I can't think of him actively lying (except for that one time at - was it? - Sepang). I think Bottas might prove a tough competitor for Lewis this year. I certainly hope so, to shake up the grid a bit. It would be good to have a new winner.
Old 5 Mar 2017, 19:20 (Ref:3716713)   #10
ASCII Man
Veteran

ASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridASCII Man should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
I'm not saying he's a liar, what I mean is that he's pretty disingenuous. Like he feels that's how you play mind games.
Old 5 Mar 2017, 22:33 (Ref:3716746)   #11
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by BSchneiderFan View Post
I think that's right, Lewis often speaks without engaging the brain, but I can't think of him actively lying (except for that one time at - was it? - Sepang). I think Bottas might prove a tough competitor for Lewis this year. I certainly hope so, to shake up the grid a bit. It would be good to have a new winner.
... and lying to the stewards in Melbourne, Dave Ryan getting fired from McLaren.

Really hope Bottas is up to it, early signs seem promising ...
Old 5 Mar 2017, 23:57 (Ref:3716755)   #12
Armco Bender
Llama Assassin and Sheep Botherer
Veteran

New Zealand
International Sheep Ambassador
Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!Armco Bender is going for a new world record!
Cabin Fever:... is an idiomatic term for a claustrophobic reaction that takes place when a person or group ends up in an isolated or solitary location, or stuck indoors in confined quarters for an extended period during the F1 racing off season.
Old 10 Mar 2017, 23:34 (Ref:3717907)   #13
F1Pete
Veteran

Canada
Sudbury, Ontario, Canada
Bottas on top for Merc again....

At least Bottas is not like Stroll being way behind Massa.

No one can deny Bottas' pace in testing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11 Mar 2017, 16:57 (Ref:3718003)   #14
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
early days of course, but Bottas really does seem to have stepped up massively in testing.
Old 11 Mar 2017, 17:34 (Ref:3718015)   #15
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Lauda and Wolff apparently suggesting he is doing ok but will get 4 races to prove he is at least at Rosberg's level😲
Old 11 Mar 2017, 23:18 (Ref:3718075)   #16
wnut
Veteran

wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!wnut has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chunterer View Post
Lauda and Wolff apparently suggesting he is doing ok but will get 4 races to prove he is at least at Rosberg's level��
No pressure then!
Old 12 Mar 2017, 13:06 (Ref:3718171)   #17
S griffin
Veteran

S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!S griffin is going for a new world record!
I can see Bottas challenging for the title this season, he's certainly done alright so far
Old 15 Mar 2017, 13:32 (Ref:3718810)   #18
stripedcat
Veteran

stripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the gridstripedcat should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by S griffin View Post
I can see Bottas challenging for the title this season, he's certainly done alright so far
Well, Nico showed that Lewis could be beaten - and even Jenson did it(over a season in terms of points) - so, it is possible. I think however, it'll be interesting for Bottas this season. Lewis can be a tough team mate.

Be interesting to see Mercedes handle these two - if they start bumping into one another.

One to watch for 2017.
Old 15 Mar 2017, 14:30 (Ref:3718821)   #19
RWill2073
Veteran

RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!RWill2073 has a real shot at the championship!
So what happens after four races if he doesn't prove himself? Lol.
Old 15 Mar 2017, 15:07 (Ref:3718832)   #20
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!chillibowl is the undisputed Champion of the World!
i suspect 4 races is also the time frame Alonso is giving Mclaren-Honda to sort itself out.
Old 15 Mar 2017, 21:54 (Ref:3718904)   #21
TF110
Veteran

United States
TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!TF110 is going for a new world record!
Lauda said that Bottas is a couple tenths off Hamilton over the qualifying pace. But who knows if that's the truth. Lauda said Mercedes were behind Ferrari too.

I'm not going to comment on the Hammy hate, but hopefully they have a good chance to race eachother. I don't care about the off track lifestyles or their media spun comments, I just want to see good racing between the two. Especially if the Mercedes is alone up front.
Old 15 Mar 2017, 22:55 (Ref:3718915)   #22
Richard C
Veteran

Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!Richard C is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Quote:
Originally Posted by RWill2073 View Post
So what happens after four races if he doesn't prove himself? Lol.
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
i suspect 4 races is also the time frame Alonso is giving Mclaren-Honda to sort itself out.
You heard it here first! Race five, Bottas and Alonso switch seats!

Richard
Old 16 Mar 2017, 15:45 (Ref:3719089)   #23
S griffin
Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TF110 View Post
Lauda said that Bottas is a couple tenths off Hamilton over the qualifying pace. But who knows if that's the truth. Lauda said Mercedes were behind Ferrari too.

I'm not going to comment on the Hammy hate, but hopefully they have a good chance to race eachother. I don't care about the off track lifestyles or their media spun comments, I just want to see good racing between the two. Especially if the Mercedes is alone up front.
+1
Old 16 Mar 2017, 16:16 (Ref:3719102)   #24
BSchneiderFan
Veteran

United Kingdom
London, UK
BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!BSchneiderFan is going for a new lap record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by chillibowl View Post
No way McLaren will release Alonso before the end of the season. Just isn't going to happen.
Old 16 Mar 2017, 17:05 (Ref:3719112)   #25
chillibowl
Veteran

Canada
winnipeg, canada
sorry, worded that post poorly...i dont think they will release him early either.

rather i was suggesting that may be the time frame Alonso has set to sign a new contract for 2018, hence the '4 race' period Merc are giving Bottas in order to see if he is worth keeping for 2018 vs making a play for Alonso in 2018.