Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Saloon & Sportscar Racing > Sportscar & GT Racing > 24 Heures du Mans

Old 30 May 2019, 08:52 (Ref:3906911)   #451
Akrapovic
Veteran

Scotland
Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!Akrapovic is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Kessel livery is awesome. It's a very modern colour choice and one that's very different to the usual standards that get rolled out - red/white/blue, gulf etc.
Old 30 May 2019, 22:16 (Ref:3907066)   #452
Jemban
Rookie

United Kingdom
Buckinghamshire
Jemban should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike E View Post
They can't do a Gulf car because they are sponsored by Castrol.

The pale blue and red car is a compromise between the two, by the look of it.
The light blue car is a representation of the second placed car from '66

Ha - I was forgetting about the Castrol sponsor

Jeremy
Old 1 Jun 2019, 06:50 (Ref:3907254)   #453
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Project 1 reveals special livery. Yep, another one.

https://twitter.com/Project1_93/stat...366422016?s=19
Old 1 Jun 2019, 14:17 (Ref:3907276)   #454
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Lymington, New Forest, England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Eyecatching, that one......
Old 1 Jun 2019, 15:06 (Ref:3907287)   #455
batmobile
Race Official
Veteran

France
le mans
batmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Simmi View Post
Here's the Wynns one

Here it is

Envoyé de mon SM-A600FN en utilisant Tapatalk
Old 1 Jun 2019, 15:08 (Ref:3907288)   #456
batmobile
Race Official
Veteran

France
le mans
batmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Famebatmobile will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by Akrapovic View Post
Kessel livery is awesome. It's a very modern colour choice and one that's very different to the usual standards that get rolled out - red/white/blue, gulf etc.
Yes they are nice

Envoyé de mon SM-A600FN en utilisant Tapatalk
Old 1 Jun 2019, 15:34 (Ref:3907289)   #457
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!Aysedasi is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Love both of those!
Old 1 Jun 2019, 15:38 (Ref:3907291)   #458
J Jay
Veteran

United Kingdom
Manchester
J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!J Jay is going for a new world record!
Those liveries look much better in natural light. Now I want to see them in motion!
Old 1 Jun 2019, 15:46 (Ref:3907293)   #459
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
Nice way to Sign out as well.
Old 3 Jun 2019, 11:57 (Ref:3907685)   #460
Mike E
Veteran

Mike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameMike E will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Some stats. I haven't done a super thorough check on these but they should be about right.

Driver gradings
Platinum: 73 (39%)
Gold: 48 (26%)
Silver: 38 (20%)
Bronze: 27 (15%)

That gives a 65/35 split between 'Pro' and 'Am'.

There are 4 all Platinum crews in LMP1 and 10 in GTE Pro.
The lowest graded driver line up is #50 Larbre Competition, with one Silver and two Bronze drivers.

Le Mans rookies: 34

Total previous race starts across the whole field: 808
Average race starts per crew: 13.0
Average race starts per driver: 4.4

Most experienced crews
#64 Corvette Racing 41 starts
#63 Corvette Racing 40 starts
#99 Proton Competition 40 starts

Least experienced crews
#78 Proton Competition 0 starts
#43 RLR MSport 1 start
#94 Porsche GT Team 1 start
#57 Car Guy Racing 1 start
#83 Kessel Racing 1 start

Nations represented:
France 34
UK 29
Italy 16
USA 15
Germany 8
Denmark 8
Netherlands 8
etc

Previous overall winners 11
Alonso, Bamber, Buemi, Dumas, Duval, Fassler, Jani, Lotterer, Nakajima, Rockenfeller, Tandy

Previous class winners (excluding overall) 37 (not sure that is totally accurate...)
Old 3 Jun 2019, 15:00 (Ref:3907720)   #461
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Quote:
Some stats. I haven't done a super thorough check on these but they should be about right.

Driver gradings

The lowest graded driver line up is #50 Larbre Competition, with one Silver and two Bronze drivers.

Most experienced crews

Least experienced crews
#43 RLR MSport 1 start

Nations represented:
France 34
UK 29
Italy 16
USA 15
Germany 8
Denmark 8
Netherlands 8
etc

Alonso, Bamber, Buemi, Dumas, Duval, Fassler, Jani, Lotterer, Nakajima, Rockenfeller, Tandy

Previous class winners (excluding overall) 37 (not sure that is totally accurate...)

Nice work Mike. I always find these stats fascinating. Where do all these rookies come from every year!
Old 3 Jun 2019, 21:22 (Ref:3907792)   #462
Mike E
Veteran

There are an awful lot of them every time.
Old 4 Jun 2019, 00:41 (Ref:3907807)   #463
jimclark
Veteran

United States
Champion Porsche/Audi territory
jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
They can't do a Gulf car because they are sponsored by Castrol.

The pale blue and red car is a compromise between the two, by the look of it.
I thought it was the Wyer car too until I realised Ford was celebrating it's own factory team victories ('66 & '67; "Shelby" and "Holman and Moody" under contract with Ford); not the independent Wyer's '68 & 69 wins with good ol' "1075" (iirc, the only multi - LM24 winner by the exact same chassis).
https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a2...e-mans-legacy/
Attached Thumbnails
1966-GT40.jpg   ford-mkII-2-LM66-1.jpg   ford-mkII-1-LM66-2.jpg  

dd5935dc1a9b5236d5ac7851ff03d3a9.jpg  

jimclark
Old 4 Jun 2019, 11:41 (Ref:3907846)   #464
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
I had it in my head that the Porsche chassis that won in 1985 had won before - but I could well be wrong.....
Old 4 Jun 2019, 11:55 (Ref:3907848)   #465
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
I had it in my head that the Porsche chassis that won in 1985 had won before - but I could well be wrong.....
indeed, 1984 and 1985: Joest Porsche 956-117
And Joest did that again in 1996 - 1997 with the TWR-Porsche (ex-Jaguar 691 aka TWR WSC95-01)

Last edited by gert; 4 Jun 2019 at 12:01.
Old 4 Jun 2019, 12:13 (Ref:3907855)   #466
Aysedasi
Team Crouton
20KPINAL

England
Of course yes.....
Old 4 Jun 2019, 17:56 (Ref:3907931)   #467
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:

Driver gradings

Most experienced crews

Least experienced crews
#43 RLR MSport 1 start

Nations represented:
France 34
UK 29
Italy 16
USA 15
Germany 8
Denmark 8
Netherlands 8
etc

Love me some stats! Made me realise a few errors in mine.

Maybe you can help me. I've got down 33 rookies for this year. Who am I missing?

Vandoorne, Andersen, Fjordbach, Binder, Falb, Van Uitert, De Vries, Jamin, Cullen, Smiechowski, King, Farano, Maini, Enqvist, Tereschenko, J.Krohn, Gounon, Jaminet, Olsen, Kimura, Cozzolino, Schiavoni, Pianezzola, Prette, Prette, Abril, Gostner, Gatting, Lu, Baptista, Fraga, Preining, Hoshino

I also realised that in the final list the ACO have reverted Andlauer back to his original silver (he's gold in 2019) - but they've not done the same for Preining. So JMW have bronze/gold/gold officially. Not sure what to make of that really - it's just inconsistent.

I keep getting a count of 28 bronze drivers on the entry too.
Old 4 Jun 2019, 20:40 (Ref:3907949)   #468
jimclark
Veteran

United States
Champion Porsche/Audi territory
jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!jimclark has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aysedasi View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by gert View Post
indeed, 1984 and 1985: Joest Porsche 956-117
And Joest did that again in 1996 - 1997 with the TWR-Porsche (ex-Jaguar 691 aka TWR WSC95-01)
Thank you gents (I assume...), I stand corrected appreciatively.
I'm consoled that my ignorance of those two are not my failing memory....phew!!!....but, rather, just my lack of knowledge in the first place. 'Never heard or noticed (as I should have...'so ashamed )

gert - Do you visit classicScarS (where I just confirmed)? Great site...
'Wish it continued with results and chassis....

jimclark
Old 4 Jun 2019, 21:08 (Ref:3907956)   #469
Mike E
Veteran

Told you I wasn't thorough.

I had Sirotkin as a rookie but he was in the 2017 race.
Old 5 Jun 2019, 08:07 (Ref:3908002)   #470
Mike E
Veteran

Quote:

I also realised that in the final list the ACO have reverted Andlauer back to his original silver (he's gold in 2019) - but they've not done the same for Preining. So JMW have bronze/gold/gold officially. Not sure what to make of that really - it's just inconsistent.

I keep getting a count of 28 bronze drivers on the entry too.
I had Sergio Pianezzola in the #60 as a Silver but he is a Bronze.

The FIA list published yesterday has both Andlauer and Preining as Gold.

As an aside, if you give P/G/S/B values of 1/2/3/4, then the average grading of a P/S/B crew is the same as a G/G/B crew, at 2.7. Although I would take Campbell/Andlauer/Ried over, say, Beretta/Cheever/Isihikawa any day of week. And Bleekemolen has been downgraded to Gold, but is he any less effective than old stagers like Fisi, Bergmeister, Vilander, Lamy or Long?

Last edited by Mike E; 5 Jun 2019 at 08:13.
Old 5 Jun 2019, 14:46 (Ref:3908072)   #471
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!gert is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Isn't that because the Le Mans 24 hours is part of the LM 2018-19 season, and thus run to the ranking of 2018?

Let's suppose a driver got upgraded for 2019, then it could make a certain driver combination (featuring one of the better ams or young pro's) prohibited for the final 2 races of the 'season'.
Old 5 Jun 2019, 14:53 (Ref:3908075)   #472
gert
Veteran

Belgium
Antwerp
Quote:
Originally Posted by jimclark View Post
gert - Do you visit classicScarS (where I just confirmed)? Great site...
'Wish it continued with results and chassis....
No, most of the times I check https://www.racingsportscars.com/
I am not sure about Classicscars, but I know there are a number of sites who have taken their information from Martin Krejci's original site (now hosted here: http://wsrp.cz/ ) and claim the information is theirs.

I didn't need to check for the 2 Joest Porsches though, I just knew that
Old 5 Jun 2019, 15:23 (Ref:3908080)   #473
Simmi
Veteran

United Kingdom
Simmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameSimmi will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Quote:
Originally Posted by gert View Post
Isn't that because the Le Mans 24 hours is part of the LM 2018-19 season, and thus run to the ranking of 2018?

Let's suppose a driver got upgraded for 2019, then it could make a certain driver combination (featuring one of the better ams or young pro's) prohibited for the final 2 races of the 'season'.
Yeah gert this is the reason. We realised this a few weeks ago. It's just when it comes to producing those figures for the driver rankings whether to classify these drivers as their previous ranking or their current one - as per the ACO list.

Really only a problem stat geeks will care about.
Old 11 Jun 2019, 15:24 (Ref:3909380)   #474
Deleted
Veteran

Deleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of FameDeleted will be entering the Motorsport Hall of Fame
Ferrari Challenge entry list
https://races.ferrari.com/static/wp-...v04.pdf?6d1856
Old 12 Jun 2019, 06:49 (Ref:3909485)   #475
Mike E
Veteran

Ferrari Challenge safety car...

https://www.francebleu.fr/amp/infos/...a10-1560231197