Home  
Site Partners: SpotterGuides Veloce Books  
Related Sites: Classic Cars Monthly Your Link Here  

Go Back   TenTenths Motorsport Forum > Historic Racing & Motorsport History > Historic Racing Today

Old 10 May 2019, 11:31 (Ref:3902965)   #126
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
Any Pre War Sports Car photos or all these new fangled things?
Old 10 May 2019, 11:40 (Ref:3902967)   #127
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Quote:
Originally Posted by john ruston View Post

So, did the Alta result exceed expectations, John?
Old 10 May 2019, 11:51 (Ref:3902973)   #128
john ruston
The Scarlet Pimpernel
Veteran

john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!john ruston has a real shot at the podium!
Very much so.
My mate had a bit of brain fade with five mins to go which cost the win. Explained to him he was not supposed to spin when in lead but not in those words
Idea is to have both Talbot and Alta at Silverstone Classic . Seems it’s the big deal Saturday evening race.
Can’t see point in letting the VSCC specials in race as grids are not bad.
The MRL races Donington,Spa and Silverstone are the major Pre War Sports Car races are the major ones of the season now the Patrick Peter idea of an Estoril plan seems to have vanished.
Old 10 May 2019, 11:58 (Ref:3902978)   #129
Mike Bell
Ten-Tenths Hall of Fame
Veteran

England
Attleborough- 5 minutes from Snet!
Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!Mike Bell has a real shot at the championship!
Definitely a good result if he had a spin.....

Look forward to seeing the car out at The Classic and Spa!
Old 10 May 2019, 12:10 (Ref:3902981)   #130
Alan Raine
Veteran

England
Hale, Cheshire
Alan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by john ruston View Post
Sorry John. I was only there on Sunday which was all post war stuff.
Old 10 May 2019, 12:13 (Ref:3902982)   #131
Alan Raine
Veteran

England
Hale, Cheshire
Alan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the gridAlan Raine should be qualifying in the top 3 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
Notwithstanding the legs, that is a very pretty racing car.
There were some very nice FJ's on display

David Watkins - Elfin FJ by Alan Raine, on Flickr

Simon Diffey - Lotus 20 by Alan Raine, on Flickr

Crispian Besley - Coopper T56 by Alan Raine, on Flickr

F Junior Lap 1 by Alan Raine, on Flickr
Old 10 May 2019, 12:16 (Ref:3902984)   #132
Peter Mallett
The Honourable Mallett
20KPINAL

England
Here and there
Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!Peter Mallett is the undisputed Champion of the World!
I like the red Cooper.
Old 10 May 2019, 14:39 (Ref:3903006)   #133
Alan Raine
Veteran

England
Hale, Cheshire
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter Mallett View Post
I like the red Cooper.
Driven by Crispian Besley.

Crispian Besley - Coopper T56 2 by Alan Raine, on Flickr
Old 10 May 2019, 21:12 (Ref:3903068)   #134
dwh43scale
Veteran

United Kingdom
Milton Keynes
dwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
First Saturday albums now here on Flickr - https://www.flickr.com/photos/dwh38/albums - including delta behind the wheel !
Afternoon races to come soon.
Old 13 May 2019, 10:01 (Ref:3903463)   #135
dwh43scale
Veteran

United Kingdom
Milton Keynes
dwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the griddwh43scale should be qualifying in the top 5 on the grid
Gilbern leads at DHF ! Well, until the safety car waved them by ...

Old 13 May 2019, 10:55 (Ref:3903477)   #136
delta
Subscriber
Veteran

United Kingdom
Reading UK
delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!delta has a real shot at the podium!
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwh43scale View Post
Gilbern leads at DHF ! Well, until the safety car waved them by ...

That will be our Sam or his Dad. BTW there is another tenther in the picture of Brabham BT2.Any guesses ???
Old 13 May 2019, 12:02 (Ref:3903490)   #137
dwh43scale
Veteran

United Kingdom
Milton Keynes
All albums from Saturday now loaded to Flickr

https://www.flickr.com/photos/dwh38/albums
Old 13 May 2019, 13:03 (Ref:3903494)   #138
SamBinfield
Rookie

United Kingdom
Ludwigsburg, DE
SamBinfield should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by delta View Post
That will be our Sam or his Dad. BTW there is another tenther in the picture of Brabham BT2.Any guesses ???
That’s me If you crop out the safety car it looks much better!
Old 13 May 2019, 15:39 (Ref:3903513)   #139
dwh43scale
Veteran

United Kingdom
Milton Keynes
Sam, better still ...

Old 13 May 2019, 18:17 (Ref:3903542)   #140
SamBinfield
Rookie

United Kingdom
Ludwigsburg, DE
SamBinfield should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by dwh43scale View Post
Sam, better still ...

Not looking too bad at all. Confirms that the spot lamp didn't come off during my stint also. Thanks for the photos David, will forward them on to Dad.
Old 15 May 2019, 19:45 (Ref:3904026)   #141
dwh43scale
Veteran

United Kingdom
Milton Keynes
Quote:
Originally Posted by SamBinfield View Post
Not looking too bad at all. Confirms that the spot lamp didn't come off during my stint also. Thanks for the photos David, will forward them on to Dad.
Sam see my PM
Old 6 Jun 2019, 09:25 (Ref:3908240)   #142
Burfs
Rookie

Burfs should be qualifying in the top 10 on the grid
Quote:
Originally Posted by grantp View Post
Incidents did seem fewer than usual at Redgate but other places were busier based on the number of Safety Car periods over the weekend.

I was disappointed that the Cheetah took a fairly large hit and had to drop out of the race after a handful of laps of the opening race yesterday. And 2 cars off on the first lap at McCleans was not an auspicious start although apparently someone had a suspension failure that resulted in the problems observed.

But overall things seemed to run well and almost on time most of the day(s) so what incidents there were cannot have been disruptively bad.
Hi, it was me in the Cheetah that hit the aftermath of a Mustang/Alfa collision in front of me exiting McLeans. I managed to flick the Cheetah sideways and hit the two cars hard, breaking 2 of my ribs in the process. The Cheetah came off pretty well, some bodywork, exhaust header, fuel tank and rear suspension. Could have been a lot worse.
Old 9 Jun 2019, 08:34 (Ref:3908740)   #143
chunterer
Race Official
Veteran

chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!chunterer is going for a new world record!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Burfs View Post
Hi, it was me in the Cheetah that hit the aftermath of a Mustang/Alfa collision in front of me exiting McLeans. I managed to flick the Cheetah sideways and hit the two cars hard, breaking 2 of my ribs in the process. The Cheetah came off pretty well, some bodywork, exhaust header, fuel tank and rear suspension. Could have been a lot worse.
Ouch!!! Thanks for posting and hope you and car are back racing again soon!